NH NH - Laureen Rahn, 14, Manchester, 27 April 1980

Hello guys!

In hopes of helping with Laureen’s case, I’ve enhanced her black and white photo.

I sharpened it and colorized it, I’d like to share it to maybe help with triggering someone’s memory on her.

@Feme98 This is fantastic. Thank you for doing that, the difference is outstanding. I have a podcast episode coming out tomorrow about this and your photo work is being mentioned in it/featured on the site (with credit). The only thing I noticed is that she appears to have brown eyes in the photo, and Laureen had blue eyes.

@Feme98 This is fantastic. Thank you for doing that, the difference is outstanding. I have a podcast episode coming out tomorrow about this and your photo work is being mentioned in it/featured on the site (with credit). The only thing I noticed is that she appears to have brown eyes in the photo, and Laureen had blue eyes.
Yes, I also noticed that, I’ll fix it! ;)

Hopefully I have it fixed before your podcast released, so the picture depicts her as she is.

Here is the corrected version of Laureen’s photo, I changed her eye color from my previous post ;)

Attachments

• 7D29AC95-1B4B-4E7B-9894-89BADDE5E618.jpeg
    7D29AC95-1B4B-4E7B-9894-89BADDE5E618.jpeg
    76.7 KB · Views: 29
Dorothy Scott's car was found burning in "Santa Ana" her parents also received phone calls for years after her disappearance Laureen last calls were to a motel in Santa Ana. The Zodiac mailed a letter from Anaheim in 1978 so he could have been in the area and possibly be Dr.Z! There are also possible connections with a person that was a "Very Crazy Film Maker" that lived in "Santa Monica" also where Laureen's last calls came from, with the initials of "KA" in the other links. True Crime Diary

Last edited:
Hopefully I have it fixed before your podcast released, so the picture depicts her as she is.
It was released today! Was an easy update. Here's the link to the blog with the episode if anybody is interested:

The Forty Year Search For Laureen Rahn — Murder, She Told

Side note, I did a lot of research on this to try and make it feel fresh. Other podcasts have basically done a reading of The Charley Project description, so I tried to breathe some new life into it. The timing of this color photo couldn't have been more perfect to add to the call to action.

It was released today! Was an easy update. Here's the link to the blog with the episode if anybody is interested:

The Forty Year Search For Laureen Rahn — Murder, She Told

Side note, I did a lot of research on this to try and make it feel fresh. Other podcasts have basically done a reading of The Charley Project description, so I tried to breathe some new life into it. The timing of this color photo couldn't have been more perfect to add to the call to action.

I’m listening to it and so many new information is being uncovered, I had no idea of the alleged bus driver or the ticket bought.

You did a great job! Thank you for taking the time and effort to shine a light on Laureen’s case!

If you want, you can change the photo of the thumbnail with Laureen’s fixed photo!

I’m listening to it and so many new information is being uncovered, I had no idea of the alleged bus driver or the ticket bought.

You did a great job! Thank you for taking the time and effort to shine a light on Laureen’s case!

If you want, you can change the photo of the thumbnail with Laureen’s fixed photo!
Thank you! I did change it.

Thank you so much! Cases that need attention like this are priority for the show. Happy to do it. I did change the thumbnail, it's just hard to see the color that far away. Fantastic job! It looks real. I wonder why there aren't more photos of Laureen available.

Thank you! I did change it.

Thank you so much! Cases that need attention like this are priority for the show. Happy to do it. I did change the thumbnail, it's just hard to see the color that far away. Fantastic job! It looks real. I wonder why there aren't more photos of Laureen available.

As far as I’m aware, there’s another where she appears with her mother. It’s on a newspaper from 2005.

Listened to the podcast from Murder She Told (which was fabulous, by the way!). Wow, so much new info! I have a ton of thoughts and questions and will start posting them bit by bit. I took lots of notes, here goes-

At the 1:32 minute mark in the podcast- Judith, Laureen’s mom, said lots of scary things were happening in the neighborhood at the time.
My questions/comments- what kind of scary things? We now know about serial killer Terry Rasmussen being in the area and a couple of other girls disappearing around that time, but what specifically was Judith talking about when she said scary things were happening in the area?

2:08 minute mark- The female friend that was with Laureen the night she disappeared was named Kristen.

2:45 minute mark- the back door of Laureen’s third floor apartment led to a hallway.
My comment- not a fire escape like someone posted here. Although maybe the hallway led to a fire escape?

3:52 minute mark- Laureen and her mom had a fight the day Laureen disappeared.
My questions/comment- What was the fight about? We’ve heard that Laureen normally went with her mom to Judith’s boyfriend’s tennis matches but begged to stay home this time. Was this what the fight was about? Did Laureen have something planned that evening and that’s why it was so important she be able to stay home?

4:10- There has been confusion about Laureen leaving without her clothes and shoes. Judith clarified this- Laureen just had a birthday and received new shoes and clothes that she loved and was so happy to have. Laureen left without her purse and didn’t take any of her new clothes or shoes with her. It’s not meant to say she left without wearing clothes and shoes.

More to come....

Continued from previous post:

4:40- Cops questioned Laureen’s friend Kristen, who was very reluctant to talk. She eventually told the cops that she and Laureen spent most of the day at the Rosebud Superette, a small grocery store, which was a five minute walk from her apartment. Laureen was spotted drinking alcohol with older boys throughout the day. Laureen hung out a lot at the Rosebud which was a popular teen hangout.
My comment- did she meet an older boy/man at the Rosebud who groomed her and talked her into meeting up him that night at the Rosebud? Did he have bad intentions?

5:45- According to a friend, Laureen was seen stocking wine coolers at the Rosebud earlier in the day.
My comment- who owned the Rosebud or who worked there? Could Laureen have been stocking wine coolers and been given a few as payment from the store owner/worker? Could he be the man who was at her apartment later that night drinking with Laureen and Kristen? Could the owner/worker have been using Laureen to “work” around the store and meanwhile he was plying her with alcohol and taking advantage or her?

5:50- There are differing accounts of if there was one male or two who were at the apartment drinking with Laureen and Kristen. Differing reports on the male(s) age(s)- 15 or 18. After being out all day “they” came back to the apartment at 11 pm and started drinking.

(My comment- I stopped tracking times things were said in the podcast at this point)

Around 12:30 PM, voices were heard in the hall so the male left out the back door. Neighbors also heard voices in the hall.

Laureen’s aunt, Diane Pinault (sp), stated that Laureen hung out with a rough crowd which often got her into trouble. She drank alcohol and smoked pot. Laureen’s aunt, Jo Beth Swanson, said Laureen grew up fast.

Laureen had threatened to run away in the past.
My comment- I feel like most teenagers have threatened this a time or two.

After Laureen’s disappearance, police canvassed the apartment building and surrounding area. Police discovered the light bulbs were loosened (not a blown fuse like Judith suspected).

To be continued...

Continued from previous post-

Police had a strong local suspect, a 35 year old man known to invite teen girls to his apartment to drink beer. Alleged to have child *advertiser censored* is his home. Nothing found in his apartment related to Laureen.
My comment- was this the same apartment building as Laureen? Could this man have owned/worked at Rosebud? Could this man have been Terry Rasmussen who lived nearby and was 36 at the time of Laureen’s disappearance?

Judith’s sister Janet received a call from a mystery female asking to talk to Janet’s son Mike. Everyone called him Michael except Laureen who called him Mike. When Mike picked up the call, no one spoke.
My comment- makes no sense for this to have been Laureen. Probably a girl from school prank calling him. Mike is a common nickname for Michael so I have a hard time believing Laureen was the only person to call him Mike.

Judith received random prank calls at 3:45 AM which was the exact time she reported Laureen missing.
My comment- why would Laureen call at that exact time and then not speak? How would Laureen have known that was the exact time her mom reported her missing? I chalk this one up to prank calls as well.

The male who was drinking with Laureen the night she disappeared committed suicide 5 years after her disappearance. He left a note saying he couldn’t take it anymore.
My comment- hard telling what is was exactly he couldn’t take anymore. Life in general? Depression? Etc. who knows? Without knowing who this guy was it’s hard to speculate.

That’s all from me for now. I’d love to hear what you guys think about anything I’ve posted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey
Back