NH NH - Laureen Rahn, 14, Manchester, 27 April 1980

It was released today! Was an easy update. Here's the link to the blog with the episode if anybody is interested:

The Forty Year Search For Laureen Rahn — Murder, She Told

Side note, I did a lot of research on this to try and make it feel fresh. Other podcasts have basically done a reading of The Charley Project description, so I tried to breathe some new life into it. The timing of this color photo couldn't have been more perfect to add to the call to action.

Thank you so much for releasing a podcast about Laureen's disappearance. I have been following her case for a long time. A lot of info you released I have never heard. Thanks again!

Listened to the podcast from Murder She Told (which was fabulous, by the way!). Wow, so much new info! I have a ton of thoughts and questions and will start posting them bit by bit. I took lots of notes, here goes-

At the 1:32 minute mark in the podcast- Judith, Laureen’s mom, said lots of scary things were happening in the neighborhood at the time.
My questions/comments- what kind of scary things? We now know about serial killer Terry Rasmussen being in the area and a couple of other girls disappearing around that time, but what specifically was Judith talking about when she said scary things were happening in the area?

2:08 minute mark- The female friend that was with Laureen the night she disappeared was named Kristen.

2:45 minute mark- the back door of Laureen’s third floor apartment led to a hallway.
My comment- not a fire escape like someone posted here. Although maybe the hallway led to a fire escape?

3:52 minute mark- Laureen and her mom had a fight the day Laureen disappeared.
My questions/comment- What was the fight about? We’ve heard that Laureen normally went with her mom to Judith’s boyfriend’s tennis matches but begged to stay home this time. Was this what the fight was about? Did Laureen have something planned that evening and that’s why it was so important she be able to stay home?

4:10- There has been confusion about Laureen leaving without her clothes and shoes. Judith clarified this- Laureen just had a birthday and received new shoes and clothes that she loved and was so happy to have. Laureen left without her purse and didn’t take any of her new clothes or shoes with her. It’s not meant to say she left without wearing clothes and shoes.

More to come....
Thank you! Let me know if you have any questions for me based on my research. I'm just now checking back in here. Love that photo of the Rosebud Superette.

Thank you so much for releasing a podcast about Laureen's disappearance. I have been following her case for a long time. A lot of info you released I have never heard. Thanks again!
Thank you for listening! Of course! I really did some digging on this one. Please let me know if you have any questions on any of the research. I also reached out the coroner's office about the Arroyo Grande doe and they said there were no public updates on her identity, just an FYI.

Hi everyone,

I just submitted this doe 2 weeks ago as a possible match for Laureen. I think she looks like her and the mom, too. I've done a composite (attached). The doe was a Canadian doe who committed suicide. Let me know what you think.

View attachment 275142
220px-Laureen_Rahn.jpg
hello, any news or response on this?

I also read the statement that Laureen‘s friend (“Kristen”) released a while back, it gave new info as per what happened that night.

Where was this statement? Do you have a link? I've tried googling for this info.

By any chance has this Jane doe been ruled out as Laureen?

36UFNJ

Both have dentals and DNA available. The system automatically checks for a match. I understand submitting a possible match if you truly think a mistake was made, but it’s very unlikely it could be a match due to the system automatically checking for matches.

Both have dentals and DNA available. The system automatically checks for a match. I understand submitting a possible match if you truly think a mistake was made, but it’s very unlikely it could be a match due to the system automatically checking for matches.
Which system automatically checks for a match in dentals? I have never heard of that. Not only that but a forensic anthropologist from Oregon last year wrote that Namus does not have the capability to check DNA matches against everyone in the system. It is done one to one based on the parameters they have (date missing, date found, distance, clothing, tattoos etc etc) CODIS checks DNA against other DNA in CODIS but NamUs does not. Here is her post from last June:

Obstructions to matching the missing and UID -Q&A's/FAQ's only please!

Which system automatically checks for a match in dentals? I have never heard of that. Not only that but a forensic anthropologist from Oregon last year wrote that Namus does not have the capability to check DNA matches against everyone in the system. It is done one to one based on the parameters they have (date missing, date found, distance, clothing, tattoos etc etc) CODIS checks DNA against other DNA in CODIS but NamUs does not. Here is her post from last June:

Obstructions to matching the missing and UID -Q&A's/FAQ's only please!

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Both are in CODIS. CODIS automatically checks for matches. The link that you provided, look at post 47 which confirms that DNA is automatically checked for matches in CODIS.
Correct, NAMUS cannot automatically check for matches.

Last edited:
@Feme98 I'm curious about the more recent Kristen statement too. What new info was there?
I remember reading it from an article, apparently ‘Kristen’ was Laureen’s friend and from her comment, Kristen and Laureen met 2 guys that night, one was 18, the other 21.

The 18 year old worked at the store and got them the alcohol. I’m unsure if the 18 year old was at the apartment that night.

Kristen thinks that Laureen left with one of the guys that night.

Here is an article (the one I read was from Reddit): The disappearence of Laureen Rahn

I remember reading it from an article, apparently ‘Kristen’ was Laureen’s friend and from her comment, Kristen and Laureen met 2 guys that night, one was 18, the other 21.

The 18 year old worked at the store and got them the alcohol. I’m unsure if the 18 year old was at the apartment that night.

Kristen thinks that Laureen left with one of the guys that night.

Here is an article (the one I read was from Reddit): The disappearence of Laureen Rahn

Thank you...my gut feeling was always that there were older boys who could get a hold on the alcohol. We still don't know if the boys were both there that night....in the podcast there was at least one (called Brad, just to get him a name) and he took his life afterwords....Kristen knows more IMO

Thank you...my gut feeling was always that there were older boys who could get a hold on the alcohol. We still don't know if the boys were both there that night....in the podcast there was at least one (called Brad, just to get him a name) and he took his life afterwords....Kristen knows more IMO
It’s possible, I hope that Laureen’s case gets solved, for her family and her friends.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back