NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued prayers for Maura and those who love her.........

............she has been missing 2 years and 7 months today

Too Long

Continued prayers for Maura and those who love her.........

............she has been missing 2 years and 7 months today

Too Long

Link:
http://www.caledonianrecord.com/pages/special_news/story/cb91312e4

Special News

Housing, Food And Water Needed

Canine Teams To Search For Maura Murray

Housing, gas cards, food and water are being sought for canine teams that will be searching for Maura Murray.

<snip>

About five or six canine teams will be searching a large area around the crash site Oct. 21-22, said John M. Healy of Warner, N.H. Warner and other volunteer investigators began working on Murray's disappearance in late 2005.

<snip>

Healy said housing is being sought for the canine teams because they are coming from a great distance. There will be an additional 20 people providing logistical support for the teams, but they are not seeking donations of housing, food and water, he said.

<snip>

Healy said one of the areas the teams will search is a very large sand pit at the Morrill Construction site.

"I could bury 3,000 bodies in there," he said.

<snip>

"Part of the reason [for the search of the French Pond Road area] is because it is close to the accident scene and yet far enough away to dump a body," Healy said. "We are doing this as much for the family as anything else. They deserve closure."

If you wish to help this effort contact:

John M. Healy
603-746-4994

Benjamin S. McDonald
603-759-2340

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Link:

Special News

Housing, gas cards, food and water are being sought for canine teams that will be searching for Maura Murray.

<snip>

About five or six canine teams will be searching a large area around the crash site Oct. 21-22, said John M. Healy of Warner, N.H. Warner and other volunteer investigators began working on Murray's disappearance in late 2005.

<snip>

Healy said housing is being sought for the canine teams because they are coming from a great distance. There will be an additional 20 people providing logistical support for the teams, but they are not seeking donations of housing, food and water, he said.

<snip>

Healy said one of the areas the teams will search is a very large sand pit at the Morrill Construction site.

<snip>

"Part of the reason [for the search of the French Pond Road area] is because it is close to the accident scene and yet far enough away to dump a body," Healy said. "We are doing this as much for the family as anything else. They deserve closure."

John M. Healy
603-746-4994

Benjamin S. McDonald
603-759-2340

Link:

Special News

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

John M. Healy
603-746-4994

Benjamin S. McDonald
603-759-2340

If she is there to be found then I hope she is found for the sake of the family and other loved ones.

Peabody said:
Link:

Special News

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

John M. Healy
603-746-4994

Benjamin S. McDonald
603-759-2340
I don't know if there is any wal mart stores in that part of the country, but I would bet that they would donate dog food for the search teams knowing that it is a search effort for a missing person. has anyone tried that, even some large food chains might be willing to help with this effort.

dannyodie said:
I don't know if there is any wal mart stores in that part of the country, but I would bet that they would donate dog food for the search teams knowing that it is a search effort for a missing person. has anyone tried that, even some large food chains might be willing to help with this effort.
I am pretty sure there is a Wal-Mart in North Conway, NH. Don't know if there is one closer.

I am so happy to hear that there is going to be a renewed search for finding Maura Murray. Her family was a wonderful help when we were needing answers when our family member was missing.
I wish I lived up that way so as to open my doors for any help needed.
I know there are some people up that way that I hope will read the local paper and help out.
Mauras family and Brianna Maitlands family have never tired in their search of finding their loved one.
They also have been there for other missing families.
These girls are always in my prayers..........

Have they done the search yet or will it take place in the near future? I sure wish, for her family's sake, that they would find Maura. She has been missing way to long. I know that her dad has done everything possible to find her. I just feel so bad for him. I won't be surprised if she isn't found somewhere near her car. Although there is the possibility that someone did pick her up to give her a ride somewhere but he had other ideas.

Wasn't her car found backed halfway into a garage or something like that? Wasn't it off the road a ways? Does LE think that she parked it like that or that someone else did? If it broke down wouldn't if have been on the side of the road? If there was an accident how would her car have gotten backed halfway into a garage? That doesn't make any sense either.

Bobbisangel said:
Wasn't her car found backed halfway into a garage or something like that? Wasn't it off the road a ways? Does LE think that she parked it like that or that someone else did? If it broke down wouldn't if have been on the side of the road? If there was an accident how would her car have gotten backed halfway into a garage? That doesn't make any sense either.

Hi Bobbisangel, Maura's car was found damaged on the side of a rural road in Woodsville, NH. She has been missing 32 months today. It was Brianna Maitland's car that was found backed into a barn in VT.

Thanks for thinkingof Maura........and our family

heard that the search this past weekend resulted in investigators planning another search in the spring........

as always, praying for answers.

heard that the search this past weekend resulted in investigators planning another search in the spring........

Peabody said:

Good! We can never be sure that a search didn't just fail to find what was there to be found. Theories aside, there is just no substitute for looking and searching when so little else is known.

Peabody said:

Yes, I got a lovely email from Mauras Aunt and it expressed how great that search was. Lots of teams, lots of dogs and investigators. Wow, what a great gathering of searchers.
I would love to help in the spring, and I left that message with her.
She wanted everyone to know that John Bish.....father of Molly Bish.....was very sick. Say some prayers for him. He was very instrumental in establishing
some of the programs for searching ....after his Molly went missing.
As most of us know Molly was a life guard in up in the New England area.
She was dropped off to work at the lake, and not found for many, years. Molly, was returned to her parents only in bone fragments! Her killer has never been found. Blessings to her family.........so sad.
Knowing that the Murrays had a very organized and well mannered, power search.....gives hopes that there will be another to find answers.
Such a wonderful family.......and a wonderful girl who is lost to them.
Sunday

On maura's website someone who is working behind the scenes with the family said it has been determined that the damage to Maura's car wasn't caused by hitting a tree or a snowbank.

Masterj said:
On maura's website someone who is working behind the scenes with the family said it has been determined that the damage to Maura's car wasn't caused by hitting a tree or a snowbank.
That is the first time I have heard that......someone is working hard on a theory......I'll have to go and look at her site. Thanks

This is another very sad, unexplainable case.. I pray that God will continue to help the family stay strong until they can have some answers...There is nothing about this story that makes sense.. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Masterj said:
Although some believed Maura's car hit a tree, the family has always known that it did not........the snowbank was so tall, deep and hard that it was not possible that her car went through it;

possible speculation re the tree was because a small tree on the other side of the snowbank had some "skinned bark" -- but due to the location of the tree, and the location of the damaged bark, physics made it impossible for it to have been hit by Maura's car.

.......until the professional reconstructionist stated that evidence supports her car hitting "metal" and "going under" something, the family had believed the damage was caused by the snowbank.

it is good to keep up on Maura's site www.mauramurray.com but websleuthers do a great job too - would sure like to see you guys discussing it here as well - I suspect the "investigative pool" is quite larger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa