NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
murraydwyer said:
The following are some links on news articles which appeared recently, they are all on the forum at Maura's website...most are lead ins with links but one is the entire article:

From The Express

HANSON
Maura Murray: A year of waiting

Feb 9, 2005, 17:01

After a year, Maura Murray's family and friends are no closer to finding out what happened to her.

The Hanson resident and former Whitman-Hanson track standout hasn't been seen since running her car
off the road last Feb. 9 in a remote New Hampshire town near the Vermont border. Since then, her friends
and family have banded together in an effort to put her name in the media so that someone, somewhere,
will come forward with some information.

For the first six months after her disappearance, Maura's father, Fred Murray, trekked up to New Hampshire
every weekend to search for his daughter. He combed the woods near the crash site for any trace of her,
and talked to locals endlessly – two things he believes the state and local police didn't do enough of in the
immediate aftermath of the crash.

“The only person looking for my daughter is myself,” he said.

On Wednesday, Murray petitioned newly elected New Hampshire governor John Lynch to release the
records on the case. He said he has had difficulty obtaining many documents that should be public
records. He also wants the case to be classified as a criminal investigation, which he believes may result
in a more diligent investigation by the state police.

Hanson Express
This whole article also appears at www.mauramurray.com

Maura Murray Remembered A Year After Disappearance
Fears Center On Abduction
BY GARY E. LINDSLEY Staff Writer

HAVERHILL, NH - News photographers and reporters practically outnumbered family and friends of Maura Murray as they marked the one-year anniversary of her disappearance with a ceremony Wednesday.

Kathleen Murray, Maura's sister, wiped away tears and buried her head in the shoulder of her fiance, Tim Carpenter, as a small boom box played the song, "For Maura."

Others choked back tears or dabbed at them with tissues as traffic passed by on Route 112, the site where Maura Murray was involved in a minor one-car accident the night of Feb. 9, 2004.

Caledonian Record

Missing Hanson woman's family prods officials; Treat it as crime, they urge N.H.
By JOE McGEE
The Patriot Ledger

It was one year ago that Maura Murray of Hanson disappeared in the snowy woods of New Hampshire. Her father and other family members were in New Hampshire today, trying again to get authorities to treat her disappearance as a crime.

(Note as time passes the Ledger will archive these links and ithey may not work)

Patriot Ledger

Father of Mass. woman who disappeared meets governor

By Anne Saunders, Associated Press Writer

February 9, 2005CONCORD, N.H. -- The father of a Massachusetts woman who disappeared a year ago met with Gov. John Lynch on Wednesday to ask for his help in getting records of the investigation.
Fred Murray, whose daughter Maura vanished after a minor car accident in Haverhill, wants state police to release their records so he can pursue leads himself."I asked, failing that, to have it declared a criminal investigation rather than a missing person investigation, and, if he didn't want to do that, I asked him to accept the offer of the FBI to come in," Murray said after the meeting with Lynch.

Boston.com

Mass. dad asks N.H. gov for help finding daughter
By Marie Szaniszlo
Thursday, February 10, 2005
The father of a University of Massachusetts at Amherst student who vanished a year ago on a New Hampshire road asked Gov. John Lynch yesterday to release records of the investigation and accept the FBI's offer to help find her.

``Right now, I am the investigation,'' Fred Murray said. ``That's why I want the information.''

New Hampshire state police have declined the FBI's offer to help find Maura Murray, saying there is no evidence of foul play, even though the nursing student and former West Point cadet left behind her car and belongings after it skidded into a snowbank on Route 112 in Haverhill.

Boston Herald

edited to remove links that don't work

Any news on whether he was able to get the records released on the investigation or lack there of?

murraydwyer said:
The following are some links on news articles which appeared recently, they are all on the forum at Maura's website...most are lead ins with links but one is the entire article:

From The Express

HANSON
Maura Murray: A year of waiting

Feb 9, 2005, 17:01

After a year, Maura Murray's family and friends are no closer to finding out what happened to her.

The Hanson resident and former Whitman-Hanson track standout hasn't been seen since running her car
off the road last Feb. 9 in a remote New Hampshire town near the Vermont border. Since then, her friends
and family have banded together in an effort to put her name in the media so that someone, somewhere,
will come forward with some information.

For the first six months after her disappearance, Maura's father, Fred Murray, trekked up to New Hampshire
every weekend to search for his daughter. He combed the woods near the crash site for any trace of her,
and talked to locals endlessly – two things he believes the state and local police didn't do enough of in the
immediate aftermath of the crash.

“The only person looking for my daughter is myself,” he said.

On Wednesday, Murray petitioned newly elected New Hampshire governor John Lynch to release the
records on the case. He said he has had difficulty obtaining many documents that should be public
records. He also wants the case to be classified as a criminal investigation, which he believes may result
in a more diligent investigation by the state police.

Hanson Express
This whole article also appears at www.mauramurray.com

Maura Murray Remembered A Year After Disappearance
Fears Center On Abduction
BY GARY E. LINDSLEY Staff Writer

HAVERHILL, NH - News photographers and reporters practically outnumbered family and friends of Maura Murray as they marked the one-year anniversary of her disappearance with a ceremony Wednesday.

Kathleen Murray, Maura's sister, wiped away tears and buried her head in the shoulder of her fiance, Tim Carpenter, as a small boom box played the song, "For Maura."

Others choked back tears or dabbed at them with tissues as traffic passed by on Route 112, the site where Maura Murray was involved in a minor one-car accident the night of Feb. 9, 2004.

Caledonian Record

Missing Hanson woman's family prods officials; Treat it as crime, they urge N.H.
By JOE McGEE
The Patriot Ledger

It was one year ago that Maura Murray of Hanson disappeared in the snowy woods of New Hampshire. Her father and other family members were in New Hampshire today, trying again to get authorities to treat her disappearance as a crime.

(Note as time passes the Ledger will archive these links and ithey may not work)

Patriot Ledger

Father of Mass. woman who disappeared meets governor

By Anne Saunders, Associated Press Writer

February 9, 2005CONCORD, N.H. -- The father of a Massachusetts woman who disappeared a year ago met with Gov. John Lynch on Wednesday to ask for his help in getting records of the investigation.
Fred Murray, whose daughter Maura vanished after a minor car accident in Haverhill, wants state police to release their records so he can pursue leads himself."I asked, failing that, to have it declared a criminal investigation rather than a missing person investigation, and, if he didn't want to do that, I asked him to accept the offer of the FBI to come in," Murray said after the meeting with Lynch.

Boston.com

Mass. dad asks N.H. gov for help finding daughter
By Marie Szaniszlo
Thursday, February 10, 2005
The father of a University of Massachusetts at Amherst student who vanished a year ago on a New Hampshire road asked Gov. John Lynch yesterday to release records of the investigation and accept the FBI's offer to help find her.

``Right now, I am the investigation,'' Fred Murray said. ``That's why I want the information.''

New Hampshire state police have declined the FBI's offer to help find Maura Murray, saying there is no evidence of foul play, even though the nursing student and former West Point cadet left behind her car and belongings after it skidded into a snowbank on Route 112 in Haverhill.

Boston Herald

edited to remove links that don't work

Any news on whether he was able to get the records released on the investigation or lack there of?

Fred Murray was told by the New Hampshire Attorney General's office that none of the information regarding Maura can be released because her case is an "open missing person's investigation."

I am sure that Mr. Murray feels he is being stonewalled. :banghead:

Fred Murray was told by the New Hampshire Attorney General's office that none of the information regarding Maura can be released because her case is an "open missing person's investigation."

I am sure that Mr. Murray feels he is being stonewalled. :banghead:

How can LE say on the one hand that there is no evidence of a crime(which has been their party line during the ENTIRE time Maura has been missing)yet when her father requests their case file, they state "it is an active missing person's investigation"????? Problem is, to all intents and purposes, they are NOT doing any investigating! There have been numerous examples cited in previous posts of many things that LE has simply ignored under the guise of "there's no evidence of a crime so we don't need to investigate'-but then they DARE to deny Fred Murray access because they say it's an open case?
How can they have it both ways? I am starting to SERIOUSLY wonder if someone in LE is involved in Maura's disappearance and that's why the stonewalling is going on-after all, the same Troop F that is supposed to be investigating has been previously implicated in both a cover-up of a murder as well as possible participation in a murder! Unfortunately, I don't have the links that were in the previous thread relating to these events-but I think it's time Fred Murray went directly to the FBI and bring a charge of criminal obstruction of justice against Troop F-this may be the only way that he can get the FBI involved and to get some TRUTHFUL answers from these local LE persons as to what ACTUALLY has and has not been done! And yes, I'm mad as hell that any family is being put through what Fred Murray and Sharon Rausch(the mother of Maura's fiancee)are being put through in their quest to find out what happened to Maura. :banghead:

Bring Maura home!

How can LE say on the one hand that there is no evidence of a crime(which has been their party line during the ENTIRE time Maura has been missing)yet when her father requests their case file, they state "it is an active missing person's investigation"????? Problem is, to all intents and purposes, they are NOT doing any investigating! There have been numerous examples cited in previous posts of many things that LE has simply ignored under the guise of "there's no evidence of a crime so we don't need to investigate'-but then they DARE to deny Fred Murray access because they say it's an open case?
How can they have it both ways? I am starting to SERIOUSLY wonder if someone in LE is involved in Maura's disappearance and that's why the stonewalling is going on-after all, the same Troop F that is supposed to be investigating has been previously implicated in both a cover-up of a murder as well as possible participation in a murder! Unfortunately, I don't have the links that were in the previous thread relating to these events-but I think it's time Fred Murray went directly to the FBI and bring a charge of criminal obstruction of justice against Troop F-this may be the only way that he can get the FBI involved and to get some TRUTHFUL answers from these local LE persons as to what ACTUALLY has and has not been done! And yes, I'm mad as hell that any family is being put through what Fred Murray and Sharon Rausch(the mother of Maura's fiancee)are being put through in their quest to find out what happened to Maura. :banghead:

Bring Maura home!

For Maura. Come home soon.

For Maura. Come home soon.

According to the Montel Website:

http://www.montelshow.com/show/upcoming.htm

His show 'Vanished' which features the stories of Maura Murray, Janis Stavros, Brooke Wilburger and Jason Jolkowski will re-air on Thursday March 24.

To find the channel and time of airing in your area go to

http://www.montelshow.com/misc/where_2_watch.htm

Let us all send an email to Montel's producers thanking them for their continued efforts on the behalf of these missing persons.

j_tuttle@montelshow.com

k_forman@montelshow.com

As Montel stated in the first airing of the show "Someone, somewhere knows something." Perhaps, one of the airings of this show will be the lightening rod that brings that "someone" forward.

Please feel free to post this message on all boards to which you have access and/or email the message to all in your address book.

According to the Montel Website:

http://www.montelshow.com/show/upcoming.htm

His show 'Vanished' which features the stories of Maura Murray, Janis Stavros, Brooke Wilburger and Jason Jolkowski will re-air on Thursday March 24.

To find the channel and time of airing in your area go to

http://www.montelshow.com/misc/where_2_watch.htm

Let us all send an email to Montel's producers thanking them for their continued efforts on the behalf of these missing persons.

j_tuttle@montelshow.com

k_forman@montelshow.com

As Montel stated in the first airing of the show "Someone, somewhere knows something." Perhaps, one of the airings of this show will be the lightening rod that brings that "someone" forward.

Please feel free to post this message on all boards to which you have access and/or email the message to all in your address book.

You'd think with all the high-profile missing children's cases, there would be a by-the-book protocol for handling them. You have some LE agencies which seem to do a spectacular job of tracking down leads and getting out to find the missing person, and then you have bumblers who sit on their thumbs and do nothing right.

You'd think with all the high-profile missing children's cases, there would be a by-the-book protocol for handling them. You have some LE agencies which seem to do a spectacular job of tracking down leads and getting out to find the missing person, and then you have bumblers who sit on their thumbs and do nothing right.

I've not heard anything about this case since the anniversary of her disappearance. Does anyone have some news on this? I didn't even notice that the other thread had been deleted because I've been so busy. Could someone who has the thread re-post maybe the last half of it? :twocents:

I've not heard anything about this case since the anniversary of her disappearance. Does anyone have some news on this? I didn't even notice that the other thread had been deleted because I've been so busy. Could someone who has the thread re-post maybe the last half of it? :twocents:

Hello all, I have been reading WebSleuths for some time, but just recently registered. I heard of this very, very depressing case on Montel just this week, so I came to WS and seen a thread on it.
While browsing the thread, I noticed the link to her Missing-Person's profile and followed it.

I, saddened, looked over the photographs of Ms. Murray, (I am only sixteen, so I deem my respects), and I noticed something, whether it is important or has been discovered before, or what-the-case-be.

The necklace, the necklace she wears when she is going out. I am far from an expert, but if you think upon it, it would seem to indicate the type of errand she was embarking upon the day she left. It seems the Police's investigations are far from thorough (according to the Father's various statements on the subject I've read), so I am not sure if the necklace's where-a-bouts has been overlooked or accounted for.

Of course, this is a blind-assumption as this is the limit to my knowledge on the sad matter. I assume Ms. Murray's things have probably been sorted through by the family by now, which is fine; but perhaps they can look for the necklace.

If the necklace is still at the home, maybe we will have a better idea of where she was actually headed, instead of the speculations of the phone calls to the resort. The resort could have been for a later trip, but no doubt should be considered. Other than this, I believe there isn't any other physical trails left after the year has waned by us...

Good luck to the family, and bless them. :)

Hello all, I have been reading WebSleuths for some time, but just recently registered. I heard of this very, very depressing case on Montel just this week, so I came to WS and seen a thread on it.
While browsing the thread, I noticed the link to her Missing-Person's profile and followed it.

I, saddened, looked over the photographs of Ms. Murray, (I am only sixteen, so I deem my respects), and I noticed something, whether it is important or has been discovered before, or what-the-case-be.

The necklace, the necklace she wears when she is going out. I am far from an expert, but if you think upon it, it would seem to indicate the type of errand she was embarking upon the day she left. It seems the Police's investigations are far from thorough (according to the Father's various statements on the subject I've read), so I am not sure if the necklace's where-a-bouts has been overlooked or accounted for.

Of course, this is a blind-assumption as this is the limit to my knowledge on the sad matter. I assume Ms. Murray's things have probably been sorted through by the family by now, which is fine; but perhaps they can look for the necklace.

If the necklace is still at the home, maybe we will have a better idea of where she was actually headed, instead of the speculations of the phone calls to the resort. The resort could have been for a later trip, but no doubt should be considered. Other than this, I believe there isn't any other physical trails left after the year has waned by us...

Good luck to the family, and bless them. :)

welcome J.Benson,

can you tell me what you noticed about the necklace that made it important to you?

what does it mean if she left it behind?

welcome J.Benson,

can you tell me what you noticed about the necklace that made it important to you?

what does it mean if she left it behind?

Ah, gladly Rocky.

The necklace, if you take a closer look, appears to be somewhat of a valuable one. In the pictures I seen, there where around 5-6 of them (I seem to have misplaced the link), and it showed one where I believe she was in the city with some male figure, and then in other locations; all with the necklace. In one picture though, it was a captured-picture from a Christmas video and everyone was lounging around so it understandable that she is not wearing the necklace now.

As I said in the other post, I am very saddened by this case, and it is likely no one is keeping hope, which is truly depressing, but perhaps someone should pass this onto the family and see if it sheds some light on the case of her disapearrance.

As to what it means, it means she may have actually been going somewhere important and would have taken the necklace, but if it was actually just a small errand, it is understandable that she didn't.

God bless.

Ah, gladly Rocky.

The necklace, if you take a closer look, appears to be somewhat of a valuable one. In the pictures I seen, there where around 5-6 of them (I seem to have misplaced the link), and it showed one where I believe she was in the city with some male figure, and then in other locations; all with the necklace. In one picture though, it was a captured-picture from a Christmas video and everyone was lounging around so it understandable that she is not wearing the necklace now.

As I said in the other post, I am very saddened by this case, and it is likely no one is keeping hope, which is truly depressing, but perhaps someone should pass this onto the family and see if it sheds some light on the case of her disapearrance.

As to what it means, it means she may have actually been going somewhere important and would have taken the necklace, but if it was actually just a small errand, it is understandable that she didn't.

God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member