NH NH - Stacey Burns, 41, Wolfeboro, 10 May 2009

Sadly, her killer is still out there.

Wow. This is driving me mad. I can't believe we're now in the middle of 2015 and still no arrest! She was stabbed to death in her bedroom and this killer happen to leave no trace of evidence...zero? nothing? I really hope and pray something happens, someone starts talking...anything...Stacey deserves justice and her murderer needs to be held accountable.....I feel badly for her family. Rest in Peace Stacey Burns.

June 2020
WOLFEBORO, N.H. —

The killing of a Wolfeboro woman on Mother's Day in 2009 remains unsolved.

stacey-burns-1525886412.jpg

-- Found dead: May 10, 2009
-- Case status: Unsolved homicide

''Stacey Burns, 41, was found stabbed to death in her home at 109 North Main Street.
The school nurse and mother of five was stabbed multiple times while two of her children and some of their friends slept in nearby rooms.

The children told officials they didn't hear anything.''

''As of last year, authorities were actively investigating this case over a period of at least several months. No one has ever been charged.

Can you help police solve this case? Submit a tip to the New Hampshire Cold Case Unit.''

I am so happy to see this case here. It has always bothered me that this really went nowhere. My youngest sister was in Carpenter School when this happened, and she loved Stacey whenever she saw her. My other sister was a little older, but also knew Stacey over the years and always had great things to say about her. She always had a smile on her face and would stop and say hi to everyone. Her murder never made sense to me. Now in my mid-30s and my sisters in their late 20s and early 20s we feel a need to help figure out what happened to Stacey. From the whispers in town, we had heard that it was brutal which makes it obvious to me that this was a crime of passion or at least extremely personal. It's also always bothered me that the children didn't hear anything. It was the night of prom I believe that she was murdered and I also believe her children had friends over. This was nearly 14 years ago now and I was in my early 20s at the time, so unfortunately, I didn't pay as much attention as I should have. I no longer live in the Wolfeboro, NH area, but I am only an hour north.
I haven't fully gone through the comments here yet, but I am going to. I'm down with covid right now and have the time. I'm going to post things I remember from that time, some of them may not be fully accurate, but it's what I remember. (this is my first time posting ever, so please feel free to offer me help and advice!)
She was murdered the night of Prom and the house had not only her children there but also some of their friends.​
Her ex-husband was a Merchant Marine.
The divorce was nasty and he made several threats against her, including death threats which resulted in a restraining order.
The ex-husband was interviewed and I know another man in the community was interviewed as well ( I can't remember his name, but a lot of people did know him.)
Rumors in a small town spread quickly, I do know that at the time a lot of people truly felt that police and investigators were not doing enough to solve this murder. It is a small town and I truly feel that the police were not equipped to handle this at all.​

I'm sorry I don't remember much, but hopefully when I go through the comments I can come up with some more info.
I will talk to my sisters and see what they remember about that time. I will also see if I can get them to join the community.

Sad story. A mother of 5 was murdered on Mothers Day in her home. Her youngest children are 8 year old twins. She was a school nurse and well liked by everyone.

Here are the local articles

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090511/GJNEWS_01/905119887

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090511/GJNEWS_01/705119969/-1/FOSNEWS

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090511/GJNEWS_01/705119969/-1/FOSNEWS

NH is never forthcoming about their investigations, suspects or the arrest. It's really hard to get the information.

I will continue to follow-up as details come out or an arrest is made.
These links are not working

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back