NH NH - Tina, 34, & Bethany Sinclair, 15, West Chesterfield, 3 Feb 2001

:snooty:I DO NOT PLAN TO GIVE UP!:banghead:I will continue to contact Law Enforcement officials, Elected Officials and ask them what they are doing about this REGISTERED sex offender, Eugene Van Bowman who continues to walk among our families and children, preying on them and looking for his next victim!:loser:
STAY tuned sir! and I will make sure we all are doing SOMETHING to change the course of this case! Once and for all!!!:furious:

Sharon Garry

:snooty:I DO NOT PLAN TO GIVE UP!:banghead:I will continue to contact Law Enforcement officials, Elected Officials and ask them what they are doing about this REGISTERED sex offender, Eugene Van Bowman who continues to walk among our families and children, preying on them and looking for his next victim!:loser:
STAY tuned sir! and I will make sure we all are doing SOMETHING to change the course of this case! Once and for all!!!:furious:

Sharon Garry

YOU GO GIRL! I posted on your site a few years ago and it's painfully obvious what happened, all the way around. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

10 Years After Mother, Daughter Vanish, Mystery Remains

Cold Case Unit Investigates Disappearance

UPDATED: 11:35 pm EST February 3, 2011

WEST CHESTERFIELD, N.H. -- Ten years ago, a mother and daughter went missing from their home in West Chesterfield, and the investigation continues into what happened to them.

Tina and Bethany Sinclair vanished the weekend of Feb. 3, 2001.
"When they came up missing, I kept thinking they'll come walking through my door," said Mary Lewis, Tina Sinclair's mother. "A knock on my door and they'd be standing there. I couldn't let go."

For the family of Tina and Bethany Sinclair, the mystery and heartache remain. Tina Sinclair was described as a "carefree and happy" 34-year-old. Her daughter, 15-year-old Bethany, was a typical teenager.

much more here

http://www.wmur.com/news/26733074/detail.html

Timeline slideshow

http://www.wmur.com/slideshow/news/26738816/detail.html

DECADE OF QUESTIONS

A decade has passed since Tina M. Sinclair and her 15-year-old daughter Bethany vanished from their Chesterfield home.

They were last seen Feb. 3, 2001; their bodies were never found. Although the Sinclairs are officially listed as missing persons, investigators have said they are treating the disappearances as unsolved homicides.

For most of their family, hope of finding the Sinclairs alive has faded.

Instead, they wish that one day they’ll be able to bury the mother and daughter and, if they were murdered, that justice will be served.

More: http://sentinelsource.com/articles/2011/02/04/news/local/free/id_426676.txt

With all due respect and for legal purposes, so that I may remain unharmed, it is important that I make it clear to the readers and posters that I appreciate your support. However although I have made an occassional post on this site, I am NOT responsible for that which has been posted here, the opinions and outlook of others is not of any doing of mine. Some of the information here is not completely accurate as is the case with many sites that have chosen to post this case on the web.
Thank you for your continued support,
Sharon Garry

http://www.sentinelsource.com/news/...cle_11c715cd-5b53-549a-a871-249c263876ad.html

Posted: Sunday, February 3, 2013 8:00 am |
Updated: 4:57 pm, Sat Feb 2, 2013.
By Kyle Jarvis Sentinel Staff

Every day, Cheshire County Sheriff’s Deputy Earl D. Nelson looks at the pictures of the mother and daughter on his office wall. He wonders what happened to the faces in the frames.

It’s been 12 years since Tina and Bethany Sinclair vanished without a trace in West Chesterfield. Nelson, who was Chesterfield’s police chief at the time, is one of many who investigated the case. They, like family members, still hope for a resolution one day.

For Immediate Release
June 17, 2014

Recent Law Enforcement Activity in Hinsdale Regarding the 2001 Disappearance of Tina and Bethany Sinclair from Chesterfield, NH

New Hampshire Attorney General Joseph A. Foster, New Hampshire State Police Colonel Robert Quinn, and New Hampshire Fish and Game Colonel Martin Garabedian announce that there are ongoing diving operations in Hinsdale, New Hampshire near the Vernon Dam. Those operations are part of a missing person's investigation into the 2001 disappearance of Bethany Sinclair and her mother Tina Sinclair.

Bethany and Tina Sinclair were last seen together in Chesterfield, NH during the weekend of February 3-4, 2001. Prior to that weekend, Tina and Bethany lived in West Chesterfield at the residence of Tina's boyfriend, Eugene Van Bowman at 182 Mountain Road. Tina last went to her job and Bethany last attended school on February 2, 2001. Tina was 36 years old when they went missing. Bethany was just 15 years old.

The searches being conducted on land and in the area of the dam today and tomorrow are not because of any new leads or information. Instead, while dives have been conducted on the Connecticut River in the past, new techniques, training, and resources gained in past years have made it possible to search additional areas not previously accessible to searchers.

In addition to the New Hampshire Fish and Game Dive Team, and the New Hampshire State Police Marine Patrol Unit, the New Hampshire Cold Case Unit is thankful for the additional assistance from the Massachusetts State Police Underwater Recovery Team and the Vermont State Police SCUBA Team in conducting these searches.

http://doj.nh.gov/media-center/press-releases/2014/20140617-sinclair-hinsdale-diving-operations.htm

http://www.reformer.com/localnews/ci_25990693/two-day-underwater-search-wraps-up?source=rss

Six agencies from three states finished on Wednesday an underwater search for a Chesterfield mother and daughter reported missing in 2001 and sonar data collected near the Vernon dam will be analyzed in the investigation's next stage...

The search included the water near the Vernon dam and different parts of the Connecticut River, according to Sgt. Joe DiRusso, of the major crime unit of the New Hampshire State Police.

Agati said the state agencies teamed up Tuesday and Wednesday with new equipment and technology not available when the water near the dam was searched more than 10 years ago. He told the Reformer the new techniques enabled searchers to get closer to the dam than ever before. The sonar data, he said, will reveal the areas of the water that could not be seen or hand-searched.

From WMUR, January, 2019:
New Hampshire unsolved case file: What happened to Tina and Bethany Sinclair?

New Hampshire unsolved case file: What happened to Tina and Bethany Sinclair?
2001 disappearance of mother, teenage daughter remains unsolved

wmur.png

Updated: 7:57 PM EST Jan 30, 2019

KC Downey
Digital Media Manager

Christine DeLong Wheeler
Social Media Producer

CHESTERFIELD, N.H. —
A mother and daughter from West Chesterfield have not been seen since 2001, and the case has gone cold.

tina-bethany-sinclair-1516822301.jpg

New Hampshire Cold Case Unit
Bethany and Tina Sinclair

-- Case status: Missing persons

Police said Tina Sinclair, 34, and her daughter Bethany, 15, disappeared soon after Tina had an argument with her boyfriend, Eugene Van Bowman.

Tina, a home nurse who had just finished cosmetology school, last went to her job on Feb. 2, 2001, the same day Bethany last went to school. Bethany also had her first movie date hours before she disappeared.

The pair were last seen together during the weekend of Feb. 3-4, 2001. Before the weekend, they lived at Bowman's riverfront home in West Chesterfield.

The two disappeared, with Tina leaving behind her car, her belongings and her pet cat.

The mystery deepened when, on Feb. 5, 2001, an unknown woman called Keene High School to report that Bethany would not be at class. Family members told WMUR in 2011 that they know who made the phone call but couldn't share the name because it's key to the police investigation.

eugene-van-bowman-1516825098.jpg

WMUR
Eugene Van Bowman
Family friends described Tina as carefree, happy and fun, and Bethany as the typical teenager who loved music and was a great student.

According to her sister, the family did not approve of Tina's "stormy" relationship with Bowman, who was a convicted sex offender.

Investigators searched Bowman's home and the river behind the home numerous times.

In 2014, dive teams searched a half-mile area around the Vernon Dam in nearby Vernon, Vermont, for any signs of the missing pair. Crews used side-scan sonar and sector sonar in the search.

Authorities did not say if any of the searches turned up any leads.

Authorities said they believe Tina and Bethany Sinclair are dead and died under suspicious circumstances.

Investigators consider Bowman the primary person of interest in the case.

Can you help police solve this case? Submit a tip to the New Hampshire Cold Case Unit.

Follow this story to get instant e-mail alerts from WMUR on the latest developments and related topics.

Last edited:
http://www.reformer.com/Letters

Letter to the editor:

"Phony psychics should be exposed

Editor of the Reformer:

Nearly three years ago, the Reformer ran two front-page stories about self-proclaimed "psychic investigator" Carla Baron and her involvement with the case of two missing local women, Tina and Bethany Sinclair. Both stories were very positive and uncritical toward Ms. Baron; the only skeptical comment in either piece was a short quote from a local law officer, who said in effect that his department doesn't place much credibility in psychics.

I'm now curious as to whether the Reformer might consider publishing a followup article, updating the public about what help, if any, Ms. Baron's "evidence" has provided in solving the Sinclair case. I realize that an article along the lines of "Psychic fails again" may possess the dog-bites-man quality that newspapers usually try to avoid. But it might serve to provide a more balanced and realistic picture. And it would give you another opportunity to mention Ms. Baron's long history of exaggerated claims and self-serving statements, as documented here: www.iigwest.com/carla_report.html.

You could also note that despite what TV shows such as Medium might like you to believe, no crime in history has ever been solved by evidence provided through psychic means.

You could also mention the experience of Kelly Jolkowski, whose son Jason went missing in 2001 (see www.projectjason.org/). Since that time, Ms. Jolkowski has been contacted by a number of self-described psychics offering their services, often in exchange for money. Through her work on behalf of families of missing people, Ms. Jolkowski learned that many other parents had also received unsolicited offers from psychics.

She discovered that psychics are often very aggressive when contacting the family of the missing. For instance, if their offer is initially declined, they sometimes accuse parents of not loving their child enough to do everything possible to get them back. The "evidence" these psychics provide is contradictory, terrifying, depressing and ultimately, totally useless.

They sometimes accuse innocent people of being responsible. They waste valuable law enforcement time and effort tracking down bogus leads. And none has ever provided a single clue that helped locate a missing person. In an effort to prevent others from being similarly preyed upon, Ms. Jolkowski created a Web site (Project Jason-Voice for the Missing: 3/06/06 (PMP) Introduction to the Psychics and Missing People Series) to help warn the friends and family of missing people about these "psychic predators."

A followup article might help others from falling victim to Ms. Baron and her ilk, who shamelessly take advantage of families with missing loved ones, at a time when they are most vulnerable and desperate to try anything, however implausible. And it might determine whether the Reformer is truly interested in serving as a responsible source of information, or whether it prefers to pander to trendy and popular delusions.

Dick McCarrick

Athens, June 2"
Pretty sure that there are at least a couple cases in which psychics have helped solve .

Dick, if you are really Dick?, I just have to say that the letter written to the newspaper in NH, above, was extremely upsetting to our search for Tina and Bethany Sinclair.

Sharon Garry (Tina's sister/Bethany's aunt) thinks the world of Carla Baron and other intuitives and that is not going to change.

Placing it just below our website information is disrespectful to those of us searching with our hearts and souls, using every method available, to find our missing loved ones.

Also, Dick, I/we truly believe there are people that have God-given abilities to use in helping others...not just out to make a buck or get public attention.

Unless YOU, personally, know where Tina and Bethany are, Dick, please don't follow our website postings around with your editorial.

MerryJo
Admin. of Missingtinaandbeth.org and friend of Sharon Garry's (Tina's sister/Bethany's aunt)

Weird question but did that boyfriend ever refer to you or anyone else as her "sissy" or her as yours by any chance? Do you think there's any possibility that this guy might have some kind of ties to the state of Georgia at all? If so I would like to confirm this information

Do you have any idea what size clothes or shoes either of them would have worn at the time ?

Or if there was any specific photos or dolls or suitcases /briefcases anything that might have belonged to them?

Tina and I were classmates in cosmetology school. I went to Keene Beauty Academy in 1999, and knew her then. We weren't very close but I've been internet searching on this case for years. I've decided to start going out to West Chesterfield to do some poking around. I doubt I'll find anything, but I'm curious.

Cold Case Unit

photo of missing person Bethany Sinclair.

Year of Death or Disappearance: 2001
City/Town: Chesterfield
Bethany Sinclair and her mother, Tina Sinclair, were last seen together in Chesterfield, NH, during the weekend of February 3 and 4, 2001. Prior to that weekend, Tina and Bethany lived in West Chesterfield at the residence of Tina's boyfriend, Eugene Van Bowman, at 182 Mountain Road. Tina last went to her job and Bethany last attended school on February 2. Tina was 36 years old when she went missing. Bethany was 15 years old when she went missing.
Help us solve this case and bring justice to the family of this victim. Use our Tip Form.
More Information:
Additional Photos:
updated photo of missing person bethany sinclari

Bethany Sinclair
estimaged age progression photo of bethany sinclair

Age Progression by
NCMEC on 12/27/2011
photo of missing person Tina Sinclair.

Police said Tina Sinclair, 34, and her daughter Bethany, 15, disappeared soon after Tina had an argument with her boyfriend, Eugene Van Bowman.

Tina, a home nurse who had just finished cosmetology school, last went to her job on Feb. 2, 2001, the same day Bethany last went to school. Bethany also had her first movie date hours before she disappeared.

The pair were last seen together during the weekend of Feb. 3-4, 2001. Before the weekend, they lived at Bowman's riverfront home in West Chesterfield.

The two disappeared, with Tina leaving behind her car, her belongings and her pet cat.

The mystery deepened when, on Feb. 5, 2001, an unknown woman called Keene High School to report that Bethany would not be at class. Family members told WMUR in 2011 that they know who made the phone call but couldn't share the name because it's key to the police investigation.

I remembered this case... having lived in NH for so long....

Many who touched this case are gone...
Sharon Garry has passed. Her obituary expressed her undying efforts to locate or settle the case of her sister and niece.
Eugene Van Bowman has passed. Eugene's son has passed. All of his brothers and sisters have passed.

Eugene Van Bowman SENIOR has passed - I am seeing nothing for the POI/ boyfriend, Eugene Van Bowman JR, unless it is recent death?

EVB JR is listed on a NH state offender registry with a 12/30/2022 photo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back