NJ - Anthony Bianchi for child sex tourism North Wildwood, 2006

hmm i would think the truth would work for me. defend his client with the truth. say we have no 1 who witnessed the crime. say we have no dna. say their is no photo's. point out why the boys might lie. do not play with words to say he has never been convicted of a crime like this when you know he has. i dont want a DA like in the duke case who lies. it is not justice. i dont want a guy like Geragos who lies to a jury because rules of evidence keep the truth away from them. he should force the DA to prove his case and impeach the evidence they supply with some sort of ethics.

That's why I'd like to know exactly what he said, sherri79. If he said "My client has never ever been in this type of trouble before" in opening arguments, that's NOT evidence. Also, did he say "My client has never ever been in this type of trouble before" or did he say "The evidence will show my client has never been in this type of trouble before."

These may seem like semantics, but they are important.

Additionally, the Judge will (or should if the Pros is on the ball) charge the jury that what the attorneys say is not evidence and shouldn't be considered as such AND that just because someone has never been convicted of a certain type of crime before is not proof of anything.

I would love anyone familiar with such things to comment on whether or not attorneys are allowed to knowingly lie in opening and closinmg arguments. It seems to me that you'd be shooting yourself (and your client) in the foot to lie during opening or closing and then not come up with the evidence to support your lie, but is purposefully lying against any rule.

That's why I'd like to know exactly what he said, sherri79. If he said "My client has never ever been in this type of trouble before" in opening arguments, that's NOT evidence. Also, did he say "My client has never ever been in this type of trouble before" or did he say "The evidence will show my client has never been in this type of trouble before."

These may seem like semantics, but they are important.

Additionally, the Judge will (or should if the Pros is on the ball) charge the jury that what the attorneys say is not evidence and shouldn't be considered as such AND that just because someone has never been convicted of a certain type of crime before is not proof of anything.

I would love anyone familiar with such things to comment on whether or not attorneys are allowed to knowingly lie in opening and closinmg arguments. It seems to me that you'd be shooting yourself (and your client) in the foot to lie during opening or closing and then not come up with the evidence to support your lie, but is purposefully lying against any rule.
since when did we decided justice is hire the best liar. their are lawyers who defend their client who also have morals and ethics. to say it is ok to lie because he is only trying to defend his client is total crap. maybe he can play with the rules and say "you will not hear of my client every being convicted of a crime" legally. that wont make it right. behavior like this explains the hate and distrust defence lawyers attract.

Well, I seem to remember Geragos saying that "Scott was stone cold innocent." And what was excuse for not being there when the verdict came in for Scott? Oh yeah, Mr. Important had to be LA for another case, but I don't believe the LA client was looking at the death penalty. A good attorney would have stayed with his client who was facing the death penalty.

I personally don't believe Geragos knows his way around the courtroom at all. He does however, know how to keep his cell phone glued to his ears.

Oh Hollywood knows his way around a courtroom alright. He prances around and gets up when the Pros in questioning a client and walks around in front of the Pros. He is the most arrogant azz defense attorney I have ever seen.

Remember the defense attorney that defended Cody...the young man who murdered his dad, stepmother and stepsister? I can't think of that attorney's name right now but he is from New Mexico and he is a defense attorney that I have so much respect for. He was so ethical and he didn't treat the witnesses like they were dog poop either. He didn't try to be cutsie in the courtroom like "Hollywood." Hollywood made a fool of himself in the Peterson trial because of his behavior and his lies. Remember the boat and how that backfired on him. He should have been disbarred just for outfitting that boat like he did and then placing it where he thought the jury must might see it. He is a lowlife piece of scum defense attorney in my book anyway.

Oh Hollywood knows his way around a courtroom alright. He prances around and gets up when the Pros in questioning a client and walks around in front of the Pros. He is the most arrogant azz defense attorney I have ever seen.

Remember the defense attorney that defended Cody...the young man who murdered his dad, stepmother and stepsister? I can't think of that attorney's name right now but he is from New Mexico and he is a defense attorney that I have so much respect for. He was so ethical and he didn't treat the witnesses like they were dog poop either. He didn't try to be cutsie in the courtroom like "Hollywood." Hollywood made a fool of himself in the Peterson trial because of his behavior and his lies. Remember the boat and how that backfired on him. He should have been disbarred just for outfitting that boat like he did and then placing it where he thought the jury must might see it. He is a lowlife piece of scum defense attorney in my book anyway.
Gary Mitchell
a lawyer who got his client off but still has morals and ethics. too bad there are alot more like Geragos. mitchell is a man i will always respect.we could use more like him.

since when did we decided justice is hire the best liar. their are lawyers who defend their client who also have morals and ethics. to say it is ok to lie because he is only trying to defend his client is total crap. maybe he can play with the rules and say "you will not hear of my client every being convicted of a crime" legally. that wont make it right. behavior like this explains the hate and distrust defence lawyers attract.

I surely didn't say it is okay for an attorney to lie to defend his client. I was actually asking questions about that. I have read that a number of defense attorneys don't want to know whether or not thier client is innocent or guilty because it would hamper their ability to do their job - which is to zealously defend their client in the face of the evidence.

I do not think it is lying to say "The evidence will show thus and such" That's what attorneys do to paint their picture of an incident. Pros and defense attorneys both do this. It is perfectly ethical.

IMHO, defense attorneys attract hate and distrust because people hate and distrust their clients and don't understand how anyone could defend the actions of the worst among us. Based on what I've seen, I don't think defense attorneys are any less ethical than prosecutors. But they will always be perceived as such because they wear the "black hat." There's just no way around that.

If what I read on these boards is indicative of the norm, I believe a great majority of folks would torture and execute someone they believe to be guilty based on a newspaper article or two. That is why defense attorneys are so vital. Thank God for our justice system, which is second to none, and to all attorneys who participate in it because it helps us take criminals off the street in the fairest way possible.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292050,00.html
PHILADELPHIA — A wealthy motel owner was convicted Friday of traveling to eastern Europe to sexually assault impoverished boys in exchange for money and gifts.
Anthony Mark Bianchi, 44, of North Wildwood, N.J., was found guilty of virtually all the charges he faced in federal court.

UM.. it would ruin our concept of justice to not defend someone.
Which version of truth would you rather have?

Geragoes wouldn't know the truth if it bit him in the arz. lol
He still claims Scott P and Wynona R are innocent.:p

Geragoes wouldn't know the truth if it bit him in the arz. lol
He still claims Scott P and Wynona R are innocent.:p

Isn't he just the most sickening attorney ever :sick: I can't stand to even look at him. That guy he represented should have looked at "Hollywood's" track record before he hired him :D Every guilty person should hire "Hollywood." :woohoo: You go Mark!

And he said that the victims lied...oh brother!

Isn't he just the most sickening attorney ever :sick: I can't stand to even look at him. That guy he represented should have looked at "Hollywood's" track record before he hired him :D Every guilty person should hire "Hollywood." :woohoo: You go Mark!

I feel the same way - :sick: And what irks me even more is that Larry King keeps having him on. The least he could do is introduce him as the self professed high profile attorney. Sheesh!

I feel the same way - :sick: And what irks me even more is that Larry King keeps having him on. The least he could do is introduce him as the self professed high profile attorney. Sheesh!

ICK....and he has started being a guest on some of the talking head shows now. I believe that Kimberely has him on the Line Up quite often :sick: High Profile...only in his own mind!

You know I agree with you Bobbisangel!:clap:

Have you noticed most of his clients are convicted?! LMAO

Indeed and I was hoping he kept that track record going. The man turned it around as if these kids were in Philly to have a good time. My heart broke for them kids. What I really would like to know is how do you become a millionaire from having a hotel in Wildwood? People already call me overprotective of my nieces and nephews, but downa shore as we call it here I have always been even more careful with the kids. See? How many kids stayed at this guys families hotels? Glad he's convicted.

Indeed and I was hoping he kept that track record going. The man turned it around as if these kids were in Philly to have a good time. My heart broke for them kids. What I really would like to know is how do you become a millionaire from having a hotel in Wildwood? People already call me overprotective of my nieces and nephews, but downa shore as we call it here I have always been even more careful with the kids. See? How many kids stayed at this guys families hotels? Glad he's convicted.

Me too. I hope these monsters just keep on calling "Mr. Hollywood" The high profile attorney :D Then we won't even have to worry about the outcome of the trials. Maybe the 20 yr old who just murdered his little 6 yr old niece should give Hollywood a call!

Hmmmm looks like Bianchi is still locked up. Thank goodness.

At some point one of his victims sued him, and sued Bianchi's mother for fraud because Bianchi was transferring money to mom. Can't find the outcome though. No matter. No amount of money can erase being assaulted as a child. Hoping these boys could have gotten some kind of therapy as they are from very poor countries.

Was thinking about this case as despite the pandemic people who have shore homes are down there. People just wanting to take a ride to the shore to get out of the city as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back