Identified! NJ - Atlantic Highlands, WhtFem 15-20, UP1458, Skeletal on hillside, Dec'88 - Nancy Carol Fitzgerald

Khymbrly Marcella Scruggs seems like a possible match. They really need to update the rule outs for this UID on Namus. Its frustrating not knowing with all these possibles. And another thing, about the description of the UID's teeth having significant tooth decay...Can this possibly be due to the elements from sitting and rotting there for 10 years plus??

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2101dfca.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/6984/27

And another thing, about the description of the UID's teeth having significant tooth decay...Can this possibly be due to the elements from sitting and rotting there for 10 years plus??

Snipped from online article about archaeology and dentistry:

"Teeth decay easily in life, but once death occurs it stops," says Dr Lazer explaining that the bacteria that cause dental decay cannot survive after death.

Snipped from online article about archaeology and dentistry:

"Teeth decay easily in life, but once death occurs it stops," says Dr Lazer explaining that the bacteria that cause dental decay cannot survive after death.

Good to know. Thank you.

Rule-outs listed as:
Patricia Schmidt
Patricia Seelbaugh
Karen Zendrosky

Does anyone have a close-up pic of her dentals?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

I am confused with Namus info.

Comparing
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/20ufnj.html and
https://identifyus.org/cases/1458

Date of discovery, location, height, weight estimates match, more or less. Both agree that the age was 15+ but Namus puts the upper end of the range at 20 and DN at 30 years old. The case numbers given are different. DN says the victim was estimated to have been buried at the location for over 10 years, so, sometime in the 1970s. Namus says probable year of death was 1980 to 1988. Namus lists fewer clothing items than DN and gives her platform sandal size as 8 1/2, not 6 1/2.

8 1/2 versus 6 1/2 is probably a typo, but the rest is a bit strange. Namus doesn't have the reconstructions, either.

Can somebody who knows how to read dental charts look at the Namus information and tell me how the significant tooth decay is encoded?

Members of Doe Network earlier in the thread mentioned that Charlotte Jean Loomis and Margaret Ellen Fox were rule-outs, but these girls are not listed on JDs rule out list on Namus. I really wish we had a picture of this small boot with the football scene to view. Someone may recognize it as their own school's team which would help tremendously. Also, I think its pretty safe to say the JD was last seen alive in the summer if she was from the Northeast (NJ), or in a warmer climate state (CA, FL etc) given that she had sandals on and possibly another pair of sandals with her as well (pink thongs). Sometimes the devil is in the details. Im pretty sure this case could be solved soon.

8 1/2 versus 6 1/2 is probably a typo, but the rest is a bit strange. Namus doesn't have the reconstructions, either.

Can somebody who knows how to read dental charts look at the Namus information and tell me how the significant tooth decay is encoded?

Typically, tooth decay is discussed in the charts. If a tooth is very significantly deteriorated, you would see an "O" on the chart for that tooth, and then elaboration in the comments. You don't have any of that here.

They do have an "A" (antemortem loss) for the lower-left second molar (#18), but that's the only tooth that was lost prior to her death. Seven other teeth (mostly lowers) were lost after her death. She also had fillings in six of the remaining teeth.

Typically, tooth decay is discussed in the charts. If a tooth is very significantly deteriorated, you would see an "O" on the chart for that tooth, and then elaboration in the comments. You don't have any of that here.

They do have an "A" (antemortem loss) for the lower-left second molar (#18), but that's the only tooth that was lost prior to her death. Seven other teeth (mostly lowers) were lost after her death. She also had fillings in six of the remaining teeth.

Thanks Carl.

So the chart as posted isn't showing the decay mentioned in the text?

Are we absolutely positive this is the same woman as the doenet UID?

Thanks Carl.

So the chart as posted isn't showing the decay mentioned in the text?

Are we absolutely positive this is the same woman as the doenet UID?

Yeah, they are likely the same person. They just weren't as detailed in the dental chart as they could have been. That is not uncommon.

Yeah, they are likely the same person. They just weren't as detailed in the dental chart as they could have been. That is not uncommon.

Ah, okay. That plus the other discrepancies made me wonder, but it sounds like it's just a case of careless or sketchy data entry.

Sandra Lee Hopler
Missing since September 29, 1973 from LaPlume, Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
Date of Birth: June 8, 1955
Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 125 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; hazel eyes. She has a small mole near the left side of her lip and another on her right hand near her thumb. Ears are pierced. Glasses.
Marks/Scars: Small scar in one eyebrow.
Clothing: Burgundy blazer, dark blouse, tan shoulder purse.
DNA: Available
AKA: Sandy

Circumstances of Disappearance
Sandra, a native of Essex County, NJ, was reported missing on September 29, 1973 from Keystone Junior College, where she was a student.

She had told her roommate that she was going to New York City for a visit. She has not been seen nor heard from since.

This girl seems like she could be a possible match. The college she went to did have a football team in 1973. Maybe the small boot with the football scene was some sort of team spirit memorabilia. They reconstruction bears a resemblance.

Attachments

• hopler_sandra.jpg
    hopler_sandra.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 20UFNJ2.jpg
    20UFNJ2.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 75
Sandra Lee Hopler
Missing since September 29, 1973 from LaPlume, Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
Date of Birth: June 8, 1955
Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 125 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; hazel eyes. She has a small mole near the left side of her lip and another on her right hand near her thumb. Ears are pierced. Glasses.
Marks/Scars: Small scar in one eyebrow.
Clothing: Burgundy blazer, dark blouse, tan shoulder purse.
DNA: Available
AKA: Sandy

Circumstances of Disappearance
Sandra, a native of Essex County, NJ, was reported missing on September 29, 1973 from Keystone Junior College, where she was a student.

She had told her roommate that she was going to New York City for a visit. She has not been seen nor heard from since.

This girl seems like she could be a possible match. The college she went to did have a football team in 1973. Maybe the small boot with the football scene was some sort of team spirit memorabilia. They reconstruction bears a resemblance.

The pictures look spot on to me.

I submitted this comparison to the Doe Network for a possible match.

DNA is available for both, a comparison will determine if this is a match or not.

The pictures look spot on to me.

I submitted this comparison to the Doe Network for a possible match.

DNA is available for both, a comparison will determine if this is a match or not.

Thank you for submitting. Im glad someone else felt strongly enough to take action. I've been down for the count for awhile over here in NJ due to Hurricane Sandy. Please let me know as soon as you hear something.

Thank you for submitting. Im glad someone else felt strongly enough to take action. I've been down for the count for awhile over here in NJ due to Hurricane Sandy. Please let me know as soon as you hear something.

I was surprised no one submitted this match. Usually when I submit a match, I get an email saying saying the match has already been submitted. When I submitted this match, I received a reply saying there was no comparison in the doe network database. They will have a look and forward to the authorities.

I will keep you and everyone posted Jilly. It may take a few months to see any results. Keep an eye on the the web page in NAMUS.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1458

If it is a match, the page will be taken down. If it is not a match, the name Sandra Lee Hopler will be in the exclusion list.

Have you received a reply from Doe?

I followed up with Rocky Wells from the Doe Network.

They submitted the match to law enforcement and NAMUS late in December. They have not heard anything back yet.

I was surprised no one submitted this match. Usually when I submit a match, I get an email saying saying the match has already been submitted. When I submitted this match, I received a reply saying there was no comparison in the doe network database. They will have a look and forward to the authorities.

I will keep you and everyone posted Jilly. It may take a few months to see any results. Keep an eye on the the web page in NAMUS.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1458

If it is a match, the page will be taken down. If it is not a match, the name Sandra Lee Hopler will be in the exclusion list.

Sandra Hopler was ruled out. She is in the exclusion list.

Bump - for those with a MP from the 1970's.

DN says: Estimated Date of Death: 1973-1975

Namus says: Probable year of death 1980 to 1988

I'm not familiar with the case so maybe the latter is more accurate. I just found it looking for something else.

I contacted Pamela Reed with the recon. Hopefully she will add it to the NamUs profile. Drives me nuts when they have recons but they're not added to NamUs

Jane Doe 1988 NCMEC

Attachments

• NCMU1106794c1.jpg
    NCMU1106794c1.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 22
  • AtlanticHighlandsJaneDoe1988NCMEC.jpg
    AtlanticHighlandsJaneDoe1988NCMEC.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 27

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online