Identified! NJ - Blairstown, Cedar Ridge Cemetery, 'Princess Doe', WhtFem 14-18, 36UFNJ, peacock skirt, Jul'82 - Dawn Olanick *charges*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang in there shadowangel.... I think you have a very good lead going there.... typical of someone to just skim over and not really READ what you said. :furious:

shadowangel said:
I waited months the first time without any response. Then I resubmitted, to get this thoughtful and well investigated response weeks later. I also submitted this match to the Doe Network, the director I dealt with was much more receptive, I'll wait to see if anything happens there.
It seems LE isn't always as interested in solving cold cases as they like to appear.

Just because the dates don't match certainly shouldn't rule out this being a match - if the last person to see her is also the likeliest murder suspect, you'd think LE would take that into consideration. He may have said it happened on August 15th because he has an alibi for that date!!:doh:

I admire your persistence, and understand your frustration!

I mentioned in my origional post about "Princess Doe" that her dental charts were compared with those of Emma Vaughn's and found to not be a match, but I thought that I would include my earlier post on Emma here for comparison's sake. Note how close in age, height, description, dates of disappearance, etc everything is. Also look at the photos. This is an example of how close something might seem, yet no match.

---------------------------------------------------------------
EMMA LORENE VAUGHN missing 10 July 1982 Orlando, FL
EMMA LORENE VAUGHN
Case Type: Endangered Missing
DOB: Nov 10, 1967
Sex: Female
Race: White
Height: 5'3" (160 cm)
Weight: 114 lbs (52 kg)
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Age when first missing: 14
Age Now: 36
Missing Date: Jul 10, 1982
Missing City: ORLANDO
Missing State : FL
Missing Country: United States
Case Number: NCMC905680

Circumstances: Emma, age 14, was last seen walking down Robinson Street in Orlando, Florida. She may have been seen in the general area after that time, but her whereabouts are currently unknown. When she was last seen her left front tooth was chipped and she had a tendency to bite her fingernails.

Link:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...earchLang=en_US

Another one from Florida...I'm still fuming over the NJ state police just blowing off the Van Schoick lead.

Something about Emma's chipped tooth sure rings a bell...Have to think on that a while, but I definitely remember reading about an unknown female with a chipped tooth.

Shadowangel I understand your frustration! It would seem as if this is a "perfect" match (except for the date last seen), based on the information we have to work with.

As you have pointed out, sometimes things look really good and then are proven to be not a match.

I think sometimes its because we only have limited information to deal with. In this case its possible the person that reported seeing her last is NOT her boyfriend, instead its someone with more credibility (such as a doctor or a social worker). Its possible it was that person who put her on a bus to New Jersey (just wild speculation on my part here) as she wanted out. We don't even know if she was planning to leave Florida.

Since New Jersey State Police are investigating BOTH cases, perhaps there is other, non released information, that points to a no match. The response could have been worded better, but maybe it was worded that way just so they wouldn't reveal any other evidence (such as who a strong witness is).

I, for one, do appreciate all your efforts on behalf of this Jane Doe and Leah. Being unofficial sleuths though does mean we have to deal with the very real possibility that the limited information has led us astray. It also means that all we can do is turn over the information to the authorities and let them decide if its worth pursueing.

Have you ever heard back from the Doe Network on this case?

In case there is more than the date eliminating Leah here is another long shot I found.

[font=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida][size=-1]http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/219dfco.html

36UFNJ.jpg
MBlee2.jpg

36UFNJ1.jpg
MBlee.jpg

Jane doe on left, Marie Blee on right

1. I think both the photo and reconstruction look like Marie.
2. Marie disappeared in November 1979, Princess Doe may have started work in Maryland in 1979 - appears to match, does anyone know when in 1979 Princess Doe may have worked in Maryland?
3. Marie was 15 when she disappeared, but would have been 18 in 1982, Princess Doe was estimated to be 14-20, that's a match.
4. Marie is listed as 5'3" - Princess Doe is 5'2"-5'4" - that's a match.
5. Marie had blonde hair, Princess Doe is listed as brown hair - a discrepancy but the photos do look to be a similiar hair color.
6. Marie disappeared from Colorado, Princess Doe was found in New Jersey - according to google that is
[/size][/font]1,943 mi (about 1 day 9 hours). [font=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida][size=-1]Although I usually take the distance into consideration, in this case, I don't think its an issue - if she ran away.
7. Although authorities originally thought Marie had run away, her parents are convinced that she would not. It is speculation, but I think it is possible that she saw a crime committed at the party and RAN. Her friend/date for that evening was arrested for trying to extort a ransom from Marie's parents, one week later. Who knows what else the people who attended the party were up to.
8. Law enforcement formed a task force and search for Marie in multiple places. It appears they are convinced her body is nearby. Is it possible they can't find her because she was in New Jersey?

[/size][/font]

Another possible match

[font=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida][size=-1]http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1351dfwa.html[/size][/font]
[font=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida][size=-1]
36UFNJ.jpg
AMMeeker.jpg

36UFNJ1.jpg
AMMeeker1.jpg

Princess Doe left, Angela Mae Meeker on right

1. I think both the photo and reconstruction look like Angela.
2. Angela disappeared in July 1979, Princess Doe may have started work in Maryland in 1979 - appears to match, does anyone know when in 1979 Princess Doe may have worked in Maryland? 13 is very young to have gotten a job, but then, they knew she worked under several aliases, and had a history of running away - this might indicate "street smart" - so for now that's a possibility.
3. Angela had just turned 13 when she disappeared, but would have been 16 in 1982, Princess Doe was estimated to be 14-20, that's a match.
4. Angela is listed as 5'2" - Princess Doe is 5'2"-5'4" - that's a match.
5. Angela had dark blonde hair, Princess Doe is listed as brown hair - a discrepancy but Princess Doe does appear to have very light colored hair. Hard to say how dark Angela's hair was from the provided photos.
6. Angela disappeared from Tacoma, Washington. Princess Doe was found in New Jersey - according to google that is
[/size][/font]2,875 mi (about 1 day 23 hours). [font=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida][size=-1]Although I usually take the distance into consideration, in this case, I don't think its an issue - if she ran away.
[/size][/font][font=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida][size=-1]7. LE originally believed that Angela ran away, as she had a history of running away. LE did not formally list Angela as a missing person until 2 years later.[/size][/font]
[font=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida][size=-1]
[/size][/font]

What about this person
Maria Florence Anjiras Case file 1032DFCT Doe Network.
for some reason I can't attach the link here. sorry. maybe someone else can do it.
This person has been missing since 1976, but we know Princess Doe was around for many years prior to her death. As she was known to we working in Maryland and other locations. Maria was 14 when she dissapeared.

Mjak

[font=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida][size=-1]http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1032dfct.htm[/size][/font]

36UFNJ.jpg
MFAnjiras.jpg
36UFNJ1.jpg

Princess Doe on left and right, Maria in center

Maria Florence Anjiras
Missing since February 12, 1976 from Norwalk, Fairfield County, Connecticut.
Classification: Endangered Runaway

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: August 10, 1961
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5' 6" - 168 cm; 120 lbs - 54 kg
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.

1. Princess Doe looks like the photo of Maria
2. Princess Doe is 2" shorter than Maria
3. They both have brown hair
4 Age is a match-Maria would have been 21 in 1982-1 year older than the estimate for Princess Doe.
5. She was a runaway so its possible she was in New Jersey, from Connecticut.

I think this is a very good one mjak!

Only problem is, with the height being off by only 2", would that have been enough for nobody to have matched this up before?

the height difference is the one thing that made me doubt the match. However,
2 inches is not enough of a difference to make me disinclude the match. I think
it bears checking out. We also know that Maria was a known runaway. This fits with what we know about Princess Doe pior to her death.

mjak

The Doe Network has added a new image to her page
36UFNJ3.jpg

So is/has anyone submitted the suggestions we have come up with to LE?

I would be happy to send an email to check out this thread, with the names of the possible matches listed. Has anyone done this yet?

I have not sent my suggested match into doe Network. I would be pleased
if you would send it in. I actually have no idea how to send it in. I think the new profile picture looks even more like Marias picture.

thanks
mjak

Mjak I am not a Doe Network member. I usually send the tips into law enforcement directly, or sometimes through CrimeStoppers if email is not available for law enforcement (it is in this case).

I'll send an email, with a link to this thread, and a listing of the possible match names (with referencing case numbers) next weekend unless I hear an objection.

Does anyone recognize the logo on the skirt as belonging to a restaurant or INN?
That seems pretty distinctive to me.

I have (had - I gave them to in-laws) a set of of measuring spoons made to look like geese.

i think the goose are actually peacocks, that style skirt (we called them "peasant" skirts) and tshirt were pretty normal wear for teenagers back then, especially in ocean city where it's said that she had worked. i lived in maryland up until 1980 and spent alot of time in ocean city, and there were alot of "hippish" people there, lots of runaways too, cause it was such a cool place to go and hide if you needed to.

The Doe Network has updated the Unidentified girls page once again - but I don't see what was changed.

I haven't submitted anything yet to the authorities because the Doe Network pages, for my possible matches, are sometimes unavailable, and sometimes unavailable (not just the photos). I don't know if its because of bandwidth problems or something else, so I'm going to give it a little bit to see if it gets worked out...

This girl was coming north

Missing: Judith E. O'Donnell NIC #M598318205
GetPhoto.aspx
GetPhoto.aspx
Basic InformationRace:WhiteSex:FemaleDOB:April 28, 1961Height:5'10" Weight:140 poundsEyes:BlueHair:BrownAdditional InformationLast Seen:Date: November 30, 1980
Time: Unknown
Location: Baltimore, Maryland Miscellaneous:O'Donnell had a bus ticket to return to her residence in the Greenwich Village area of New York City.

http://www.troopers.state.ny.us/Wanted_and_Missing/Missing/view.cfm?ID=12

I dont know if I was allowed to post pic I didnt mean to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa