GUILTY NJ - Brendan Creato, 3, found dead in Cooper River Park, 13 Oct 2015

a police dog found Brendan dead 8 blocks away, in a wooded area near the Cooper River.

Thank you. Did the police dog go from the apartment and follow a trail? Or was the dog let out at the park?

I think LE is handling this in a good way - with silence. Mom has correctly said nothing to media yet - suspect she may be in the loop though - she has proven that she should be imo. The neighborhood should stop worrying imo - LE has already stated there was no forced entry. Hint, hint.

So in other words, where was mom that night?

Boy, I have to think the dogs tracked the child from the building, as it's the logical place to start! So maybe carriage man did have something to do with this.

Since he wasn't wearing causal clothes like sweatpants or jeans, I was thinking maybe he was a man on his way to work, wheeling his child to a neighboring baby sitter, to his car parked in a lot, or to a bus/train where he had a work site day care. But since no one has come forward, and the police haven't spotted this guy in later days, as it would be a routine if it was day-care related, I have to wonder...

Poor little guy.

I'm thinking starting at the apartment is logical to cattlekate, using a piece of Brendan's recently worn clothing. Would really like to know if the dogs went from the apartment to the park.

So far, not seeing anything to prove or disprove Brendan was in the apartment that night, and according to DJ's side of the story, Brendan was not there during the day.

All jmo.

http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/11/be_patient_on_probe_of_3-year-old_haddon_township.html

To the Editor:

The public has questioned the professionalism and thoroughness of the autopsy and associated investigation into the sad death of Brendan Creato, the 3-year-old boy whose body was found last month in Cooper River Park in Haddon Township.

There has also been criticism of a lack of information coming from official sources and the time it is taking to find answers. As a triple board-certified forensic pathologist who had access to privileged information regarding the case, I want to assure the public of the following:

- The autopsy and postmortem examinations performed by Dr. Gerald Feigin and additional consultants were thorough.

- Very often, autopsies do not provide answers as to the cause of death even when performed with the highest degree of proficiency — such cases rely on the associated scene investigation and other elements of the investigation. From what I know, all of this has been conducted in an exemplary fashion.

(snipped for space)

As some in the community and lawyers for the Creato family express frustration with the progress of the investigation, authorities are set to turn this week to another member of Brendan's family. On Monday, they plan to meet with his aunt, Sarah Creato, according to a family attorney.

"I've been assured by the prosecutor [handling the case] that she's absolutely not a target," said William J. Brennan, who represents the boy's grandparents, David and Lisa Creato, and spoke for their daughter Sarah. "I assume they're just speaking to anyone that had any contact with Brendan to gather as much information as they possibly can," Brennan said Friday.

Brennan said he believed it was the first time Sarah Creato was meeting investigators. The Camden County Prosecutor's Office declined to comment.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/n...don_Twp__boy_s_death.html#DfHqWbmJ4FmDYBWO.99

This is a very bizarre and interesting case and horrible to boot.

I wonder why the autopsy people did not try to get help from other areas. With the circumstances surrounding finding the boy and since they could not determine cause of death then surely they should have gotten 2nd and 3rd and 4th opinions from other outside help.

IMO they should not have cremated the boy until some autopsy could determine cause of death.

WTH?

It seems to me that suffocation is most likely if there is no other sign of what caused boy to die. For a young child it probably doesn't take much to suffocate and there may not be the usual signs as with adult suffocation.

If no clothes were ever found with the boy then I have to assume foul play and I am not leaning towards the Dad at all. I don't think he was involved at all. Too many other hinky meters going off with others.

As some in the community and lawyers for the Creato family express frustration with the progress of the investigation, authorities are set to turn this week to another member of Brendan's family. On Monday, they plan to meet with his aunt, Sarah Creato, according to a family attorney.

"I've been assured by the prosecutor [handling the case] that she's absolutely not a target," said William J. Brennan, who represents the boy's grandparents, David and Lisa Creato, and spoke for their daughter Sarah. "I assume they're just speaking to anyone that had any contact with Brendan to gather as much information as they possibly can," Brennan said Friday.

Brennan said he believed it was the first time Sarah Creato was meeting investigators. The Camden County Prosecutor's Office declined to comment.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/n...don_Twp__boy_s_death.html#DfHqWbmJ4FmDYBWO.99

Re BBM
I wonder when this last contact was that is being referred to. Wonder if it was the day before he was found.

Camden County Medical Examiner Gerald Feigin, who performed the initial autopsy on Brendan, has sought assistance from the state medical examiner in trying to find a cause of death. Though Brendan's body has been cremated, a pathologist can still test samples pulled during the autopsy.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20151108_Answers_still_elusive_in_Haddon_Twp__boy_s_death.html

I am guessing that means tissue samples kept of certain areas.

I think what concerns me is if they ultimately suspect something they have not yet thought about then there may not be an organ like the kidneys or something available.

Certain types of deaths cause unique problems to a body and if they later suspect something then they may not have the right body part to test it now since cremation was done.

It just surprises me they allowed cremation when they still don't know cause of death.

I know proper buriel is important but it seems to me another option could have been to have body on cold storage until the MEs could determine a definite cause of death.

I have heard of other cases where they didn't release the body for a long time.

I'm guessing more than tissue samples were retained for future testing.

Keeping a body for a long time is probably old school - technology likely allows a better way for the families involved.

Jmo.

likewise, charminglane. my guess is if it took them this long to interview her it only means one thing. they're grasping at proverbial straws.

unless someone has a link otherwise, I'd like to point out that the ONLY source of the negative toxicology report was a lawyer for the father.

law enforcement, the prosecutor's office, coroner/medical examiner, family, friends, neighbors, nor anonymous sources have made a statement regarding the results...other than "no comment"...am I wrong?

unless someone has a link otherwise, I'd like to point out that the ONLY source of the negative toxicology report was a lawyer for the father.

law enforcement, the prosecutor's office, coroner/medical examiner, family, friends, neighbors, nor anonymous sources have made a statement regarding the results...other than "no comment"...am I wrong?

I think you are right about that. There has been no official announcement.

This is a very bizarre and interesting case and horrible to boot.

I wonder why the autopsy people did not try to get help from other areas. With the circumstances surrounding finding the boy and since they could not determine cause of death then surely they should have gotten 2nd and 3rd and 4th opinions from other outside help.

IMO they should not have cremated the boy until some autopsy could determine cause of death.

WTH?

It seems to me that suffocation is most likely if there is no other sign of what caused boy to die. For a young child it probably doesn't take much to suffocate and there may not be the usual signs as with adult suffocation.

If no clothes were ever found with the boy then I have to assume foul play and I am not leaning towards the Dad at all. I don't think he was involved at all. Too many other hinky meters going off with others.
I totally agree. I knew that they had already had a funeral for this child but I did not realize that they had cremated him. I would not want my loved cremated if no cause of death had been determined.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucasmiller
Back