Identified! NJ - Buena Vista Twp, WhtFem 248UFNJ, Aug'86 - Jeanette Tambe

Wow. This case is very disturbing (and intriguing). How did her face remain recognizable after having a highly corrosive acid poured over it? And was the acid poured before, during or after death?

Since the killer went to the trouble of deliberately pouring acid on her face and chest to thwart identification... Is it possible that he was trying to erase/conceal an identifying tattoo our Doe might have had?

I spent some time combing through missing persons, but very few match the wavy, brown hair and are from the same time frame as our Doe. Here's a couple that might work, though:
Amanda Fravel
Shannon Green

i got a brief message from LE today, no info about rule outs yet....

Wow. This case is very disturbing (and intriguing). How did her face remain recognizable after having a highly corrosive acid poured over it? And was the acid poured before, during or after death?

Since the killer went to the trouble of deliberately pouring acid on her face and chest to thwart identification... Is it possible that he was trying to erase/conceal an identifying tattoo our Doe might have had?

I spent some time combing through missing persons, but very few match the wavy, brown hair and are from the same time frame as our Doe. Here's a couple that might work, though:
Amanda Fravel
Shannon Green

Amanda Fravel's face resembles this JD. I would rule out Shannon Green though because of the circumstances around her disappearance.

Has anything been submitted for this case?

NamUs indicates only Patricia Schmidt has been ruled out.

That was an easy rule-out, as she wore full dentures.

... And then there's Myra Manley, who has been ruled out (according to LE's correspondence to kpdx in post #18), but is not listed in NamUs.

I am the uncle of one of the people posted as a possible JD by Syttende (Amanda Fravel) and may be able to provide information regarding her dental records. How can I get involved with doing so? I am new to this forum and would like to help if possible but don't know how to proceed.

Welcome to Websleuths, Wolf.

Here is the side-by side for comparison:

248UFNJ2.jpg
2504247360045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Aside from the obvious differences in hairstyle, Amanda does have a very similar facial structure to the Jane Doe.

The primary question if you are familiar with her dental situation is whether or not she wore braces (that were removed) or a retainer. According to DoeNetwork, the decedent had "orthodontic brackets present indicating prior braces or retainers".

Secondly, the Jane Doe had her two upper canine teeth removed in preparation for orthodontic treatment. Did Amanda still have her upper canines at the time of her disappearance?

Thirdly, Jane Doe still had all of her wisdom teeth. Did Amanda have any wisdom teeth removed?

Fourth, Jane Doe had root canals performed on her forward-most upper right molar (#3) and her lower-left-front incisor (#24). Do Amanda's records indicate root canals on these teeth?

With the exception of question #3, a "no" answer to 1 and/or 4, or a "yes" to 3 do not necessarily rule her out because there is the remote possibility that she may have had additional dental work since the most recent dental appointment for which you have records. But if you can answer "yes" to questions 1 and 4 and "no" to 2 and 3, there would be a very strong possibility that this Jane Doe is Amanda.

Also, do you know her height? Neither Charley Project nor DoeNetwork list her height or weight.

ETA: The color photo was probably taken about 2 years prior to her disappearance, since it is a graduation photo (Presumably H.S. because she wasn't old enough to be a college graduate), and she was 20 years old when she disappeared.

Here is the side-by side for comparison:

248UFNJ2.jpg
2504247360045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Very much so. :(

Depending on the amount used the acid makes the face have a 'melted' look, similar to this

Most people that are victims of acid attacks seem to be one of two things - a complete stranger to the person that attacks them (though the attacker almost always seems to feel they have a relationship) OR someone that feels rejected or humiliated by the victim. Its called Acid throwing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Im curious about where someone can get 'high concentration of sulfuric acid' - I dont think its an over the counter type thing?

I am the uncle of one of the people posted as a possible JD by Syttende (Amanda Fravel) and may be able to provide information regarding her dental records. How can I get involved with doing so? I am new to this forum and would like to help if possible but don't know how to proceed.

Welcome, Sorry its under such dire circumstances. :(

Since we know so much detail about clothing the UID was found wearing, do you think that someone that knew Amanda would recognize any of the clothing as something Amanda may have owned?

Wearing blue, long-sleeve Varsity House pullover sweater, Sergio Valente blue jeans and size 8 gray high top sneakers, with the brand name Dancercize.

Another possible match-
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/4728/0/

Patricia was 38 at the time of her disappearance which is 12 years older then the UID's age range. However she was very petite so she may look younger than what her real age is, and she also disappeared just a month before the UID was found. It may explain why the UID has root canal's with such a young estimate on the age range. Unfortunately I can't locate any more information on her and namus doesn't have a picture or dental's listed yet so there's not much to go on. Too bad namus doesn't have the dental's listed yet as it would probably be easy to compare them.

just my two cents on this one. If this UID was a suburban NJ girl she'd be flagged as a higher profile missing person. I looked through the state's official missing persons list and there is no one who matches her demographic there.

given the South Jersey location, there is a possibility she was missing from Philadelphia and dumped in NJ. not that it is a short drive but there really is no great population center in South Jersey and like I said, suburban girls would get exposure as missing persons.

from what I recall, Philadelphia has a pitiful missing person's outreach. I don't recall even seeing a link for missing persons at the Philadelphia Police Dept's website the last time I looked.

I am going to throw out this possibility, Agnes Young. She is considerably older than the estimated range, but her height, weight and the circumstances surrounding her disappearance are all in play. She was from Pennsylvania and her husband is widely believed to have killed her while still collecting her disability benefits.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/y/young_agnes.html

The Charley project profile indicates Agnes had prior injuries from a car accident, but I saw nothing like that with the Buena Vista UID.

here is a working link to the UID's namus page with 6 rule outs:

https://identifyus.org/cases/1447

Carol Donn 1963 Florida
Hazel Klug 1962 Virginia
Ella Beth Lodermeier 1948 South Dakota
Deborah McCall 1963 Illinois
Tammie McCormick 1973 New York
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia

I was following this case on namus, and I got an email stating her status changed from "unidentified" to "identified." I couldn't access the profile though.

Here are the side-by-sides with the recon.

2372670250045078242S425x425Q851.jpg
2361811280045078242S425x425Q851.jpg
2928648440045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member