GUILTY NJ - Carolyn Byington, 26, killed inside her home, Plainsboro, 10 June 2019 *Arrest* #2

I just can't imagine any professional doing car work in the summer at noon. They're going to smell AND get dirty. Plus a supervisor meeting was coming up. And, of course, this could be done at home.

HOWEVER, maybe he's using it as the seemingly perfect alibi! It explains why he was alone and away from cctvs and it gives him an excuse to change clothes. Maybe this guy wasnt as dumb as I thought?

In short, I don't think ANY car work was done because he was murdering her, but it could be an alibi.

You are correct about women programmed to be polite. We also have to learn to trust our gut instincts. I learned this the hard way after I was held up at gun point many years ago. I pulled into my parking lot and saw this guy walking by. Immediately, I said to myself he didn’t belong there, but I talked myself out of my gut instincts and got out of the car. Next thing I knew he had a gun in my face. Women have to trust their gut instincts. Nine times out of 10 it’s correct.

This is so true. I also ignored my gut instinct years ago and became victim of a crime. Females are programmed (most of us) to be nice and polite..don't want to hurt people's feelings. If I had just gone with my bad gut feeling, everything would have been okay. This crime makes me so beyond angry. She was a good, good person doing nothing but good in the world. He preyed upon her. He tricked her, gained her trust and attacked her so brutally she did not stand a chance.

I'm catching up and trying to find the post that he knew her license plate #..confused as to when that was said. Geez-- I don't even know my own license plate number. I really wonder if others had an idea how obsessed he was with her before this horrific crime.

I just can't imagine any professional doing car work in the summer at noon. They're going to smell AND get dirty. Plus a supervisor meeting was coming up. And, of course, this could be done at home.

HOWEVER, maybe he's using it as the seemingly perfect alibi! It explains why he was alone and away from cctvs and it gives him an excuse to change clothes. Maybe this guy wasnt as dumb as I thought?

In short, I don't think ANY car work was done because he was murdering her, but it could be an alibi.

So agree with you. To this sicko, the working on his car is the perfect alibi. Narcissistic, pathological liar only cares about himself and surely thinks he can get away with anything.

This is so true. I also ignored my gut instinct years ago and became victim of a crime. Females are programmed (most of us) to be nice and polite..don't want to hurt people's feelings. If I had just gone with my bad gut feeling, everything would have been okay. This crime makes me so beyond angry. She was a good, good person doing nothing but good in the world. He preyed upon her. He tricked her, gained her trust and attacked her so brutally she did not stand a chance.

I'm catching up and trying to find the post that he knew her license plate #..confused as to when that was said. Geez-- I don't even know my own license plate number. I really wonder if others had an idea how obsessed he was with her before this horrific crime.
It was in one of the recent detailed newspsper articles linked to here in the past few days, I think.

It was in one of the recent detailed newspsper articles linked to here in the past few days, I think.

It’s in Seattle’s post #204 (the middle part of the article) on this thread.i I tried to copy it for u but that function isn’t working for me some reason.

Here u go: “One of Saal’s coworkers said Saal asked about the potential of being arrested based on circumstantial evidence, according to an affidavit of probable cause. Another coworker alleged that Saal spoke about being upset after seeing a license plate number while driving that almost matched Byington’s plate, Dolinger said.”

ETA: “middle”, added article

Last edited:
It’s in Seattle’s post #204 (the middle part of the article) on this thread.i I tried to copy it for u but that function isn’t working for me some reason.

Here u go: “One of Saal’s coworkers said Saal asked about the potential of being arrested based on circumstantial evidence, according to an affidavit of probable cause. Another coworker alleged that Saal spoke about being upset after seeing a license plate number while driving that almost matched Byington’s plate, Dolinger said.”

ETA: “middle”, added article

Thank you both so much. Wow- that is bizarre behavior.
It amazes me this creep continued his employment there for 2 months.. How uneasy Carolyn's friends/colleagues must have felt.

Following a slew of detailed allegations, judge keeps accused lunch break killer in jail

Saal left work at 12:47p which would get him to Hunters Glen @1p when screams were heard by Carolyn’s neighbors. Police pegged his car in the vicinity of Hunters Glen @ 2:04p and also cellphone pings put him in that area at that time. That would give him @ 40 minutes to get back to work for meeting with boss. He may have been able to drive down Canal Pointe Blvd & back to work but not much time for fixing a car.

Following a slew of detailed allegations, judge keeps accused lunch break killer in jail

Saal left work at 12:47p which would get him to Hunters Glen @1p when screams were heard by Carolyn’s neighbors. Police pegged his car in the vicinity of Hunters Glen @ 2:04p and also cellphone pings put him in that area at that time. That would give him @ 40 minutes to get back to work for meeting with boss. He may have been able to drive down Canal Pointe Blvd & back to work but not much time for fixing a car.

Guilty as freaking sin.
IMO

Not sure if I'm allowed to 'talk' about his wife on here. But really LE could learn a lot from the wife. Surely a wife notices if her husband seems 'off', distant, strange behavior. Surely she noticed the scratches he had on him the night he came home. Hearing that his colleague was murdered- wouldn't she automatically suspect the husband. I would think I would seeing the scratches, sensing different behavior. The girl must be going through pure hell- a new mom on her own now-- I couldn't even imagine. I just feel she could shed a lot of light on the investigation. Just thinking aloud here...

Here's OJs timeline, and he killed two people, It seems our perpetrator had time.

9:45 p.m. - Kaelin and Simpson return home.
10:15 p.m. - While watching television, Pablo Fenjves, a neighbor of Nicole Brown Simpson, hears the cries and constant barking of a dog.
10:25 p.m. - Limousine driver Allan Park arrives at Simpson's home.
10:40 p.m. - Kaelin hears three loud thumps on an outside wall of his room.
10:40-10:50 p.m. - Park buzzes intercom several times but does not get any response.
10:55 p.m. - Park calls his boss and tells him Simpson is not home. He is told to wait.
Shortly before 11 p.m. - Park sees a black person, six-feet, 200 pounds, walking across the driveway towards the house.
About 11 p.m. - Several seconds later, Park again buzzes the intercom and Simpson answers. He says he had overslept and just gotten out of the shower.
11 p.m. - 11:15 p.m. - Simpson puts his bags in the limousine.

You are correct about women programmed to be polite. We also have to learn to trust our gut instincts. I learned this the hard way after I was held up at gun point many years ago. I pulled into my parking lot and saw this guy walking by. Immediately, I said to myself he didn’t belong there, but I talked myself out of my gut instincts and got out of the car. Next thing I knew he had a gun in my face. Women have to trust their gut instincts. Nine times out of 10 it’s correct.

Years ago as a young mother I read the book "Protecting the Gift"... the basic premise of the book is to trust our instincts and fear in every situation and to teach our children to do the same. Awareness and fear often protects us.

I am wondering if there’s any connection between the murder and his appointment/meeting later that same afternoon with his supervisor? Was he going to be called on the carpet for something he did (and which CB knew he had done)?

I was having a hard time with the timeline as well as I had previously read that he left work at 12:52pm which wouldn't give him enough time to be in her apartment to have murdered her at 1pm when screams and arguing were heard by neighbors. The 12:47 time gives him enough time to get there. I think the cell phone tower ping is the most damning evidence as it proves he wasn't at the park like he said he was and actually places him close to the scene of the crime at the time the murder occured. Couple that with the DNA evidence and his car being picked up with photo evidence by a local police dash cam and he is pretty much caught dead to rights. The additional time it took him to get back to work after being spotted at 2:04 in Plainsboro may have been him going to the park he mentioned and potentially changing his clothes cleaning up calming down ditching evidence or whatever before heading back to work for his supervisor meeting. He may have thought him actually being at the park would help with his alibi.

On a side note the issue about him being embarassed he worked on his own car makes sense. He's an accountant and by trade should be good with money but that doesn't seem to be the case for him.

Initial reports were that Carolyn may have been lured home at lunchtime on June 10. I think it's possible that KS fraudulently lured Carolyn home.

KS knew Carolyn's license plate number probably because he's been following/stalking her -- building up his appetite to attack her.

They were said to have started work at the company about the same time. KS is a predator and predator's befriend their prey - make their victims feel safe around them. He also had a good cover - wife and baby.

KS may have offered to collect her mail, water her plants, etc. when she was on vacation (copying her door key). She was most likely his fatal attraction.

“(Saal) was somewhat intrigued by the victim,” Dolinger said. “Clearly, this defendant had some infatuation to say the least with the victim and had some plan to commit the heinous crime he did.”

There is often a bit a truth to lies of a predator. KS may have stopped at the park to change his shirt under disguise of his alibi of working on his vehicle.

I hate that he involved his dad in his crime -- texting him about his car for his alibi. Typical of sociopath that believes he's smarter than others.

Saul is not special. Waiting for more women to come forward with stories how he creeped them out (similar to Mollie Tibbetts alleged killer).

Judge/prosecutor did not buy his story - denied bail.

MOO

Yes, also see the book “the gift of fear”.

Yes, Missymom, I can’t recommend this book enough! It’s by Gavin Debecker. I bought one for myself and after reading it, bought an extra copy to give to my sister. It’s such a informative book and actually gives that exact example you gave up above-seeing someone in the parking lot that doesn’t belong. Please go out and buy this book. I know others have recommended this book in other threads too. It’s so informative and very empowering. I also recommend as a follow up (and very quick read) “Survive the Unthinkable” by Tim Larkin.

On another note, I’m so glad they have charged someone and know it must be a relief to you and others that live in the community. I hadn’t checked this thread in over a week and only saw they charged someone while reading NJ.com. I immediately headed over here. I, like others, were worried this would turn cold.

Initial reports were that Carolyn may have been lured home at lunchtime on June 10. I think it's possible that KS fraudulently lured Carolyn home.

KS knew Carolyn's license plate number probably because he's been following/stalking her -- building up his appetite to attack her.

They were said to have started work at the company about the same time. KS is a predator and predator's befriend their prey - make their victims feel safe around them. He also had a good cover - wife and baby.

KS may have offered to collect her mail, water her plants, etc. when she was on vacation (copying her door key). She was most likely his fatal attraction.

There is often a bit a truth to lies of a predator. KS may have stopped at the park to change his shirt under disguise of his alibi of working on his vehicle.

I hate that he involved his dad in his crime -- texting him about his car for his alibi. Typical of sociopath that believes he's smarter than others.

Saul is not special. Waiting for more women to come forward with stories how he creeped them out (similar to Mollie Tibbetts alleged killer).

Judge/prosecutor did not buy his story - denied bail.

MOO

Yeah, my eyes are rolling to the back of my head over here at his lies. I can picture it now:

Detective: "So Mr. Saal, where were you at lunchtime on that day?"

Saal: "Oh, I was getting my car fixed and texted my boss I'd be back late from lunch."

Detective: "Ok, great. What's the name of that auto shop?"

Saal (crap!): "Oh, um...hmm, can't remember...ummmm Dad's Autobody?"

Detective: "OK you can go for now, in the meantime we're going to get verification on that visit, thanks.

Saal: *Double crap!*

Detective: "So Mr. Saal, we checked out Dad's Autobody and they have no record of you visiting on that day. Care to explain yourself?"

Saal: (Long pause) Uhhhhh well...you see...I uh, well, I fixed my own car, see? I decided that on a workday during my lunch hour an hour before a meeting with my supervisor, that I would work on a non-existent minor problem that in no way made my car inoperable at all or was really an issue, and it just so happened that I went to a park that was right by that girl's apartment complex, yeah that's the ticket!!!

Detective: So, why didn't you just tell us this to begin with?

Saal: Uhhhh because it's a total lie? Wait! I mean, because I was embarrassed to work on my own car!?!? Yeah, that's the ticket!

Errrr….OK. His DNA under her fingernails. He's toast. Oh wait, maybe she was working on his car too.

I hate lying liars that lie. Not all liars are murderers but all murderers are liars.

I think the car repair lies are odd, yet revealing. The lie about taking the car to the repair shop during his lunch hour was probably just an impulse excuse at the last minute, because he had to explain why he was late back to work. He thinks he's clever by contacting his father, the mechanic, to tie up his story - "yes, my son did say he had trouble with his car." But it was a silly lie, because it was so easy to check.

Then when he's finally challenged on it, he says he was "embarrassed" to admit he was working on his own car. His father - the man who is consolidating his excuse - is a mechanic. He doesn't mind asking his father to help bail him out of trouble, but at the same time, he has disdain for his father's job.
It says a lot about his character and attitude to others, especially those close to him. He probably has a history of telling stupid lies and congratulating himself that his loved ones are not clever enough to see the truth, when they probably choose to close their eyes to his lies. He's in for a shock now that people won't be so willing to take what he says on face value.

The fact that he told a co-worker that he freaked out seeing her LICENSE PLATE # is the most incriminating thing so far in this entire case. Who but a stalker would know a co-worker's license plate?! I don’t even know my own. What an insane comment to make! It shows that his thinking is not normal—and killers aren’t normal, so that makes sense. Wow. He's also an idiot like Chris Watts. In fact, he's stupider, which I didn't think was possible. To then admit this to a coworker?! I have no words.

ITA it's almost as if he wanted them to know he did it...

ITA. My thoughts exactly! cleaned up, sat there for a bit reflecting on what just happened, maybe ate his lunch with a big smile on his face...you know, stuff crazy killers do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back