GUILTY NJ - Carolyn Byington, 26, killed inside her home, Plainsboro, 10 June 2019 *Arrest* #2

You are correct about women programmed to be polite. We also have to learn to trust our gut instincts. I learned this the hard way after I was held up at gun point many years ago. I pulled into my parking lot and saw this guy walking by. Immediately, I said to myself he didn’t belong there, but I talked myself out of my gut instincts and got out of the car. Next thing I knew he had a gun in my face. Women have to trust their gut instincts. Nine times out of 10 it’s correct.
So very glad you're here to tell us about it, @MissyMom. What a horror for you. It seems we cannot let our guard down at any time. Just a pity.
A big hug to you!
:)

Avalon Zoppo on Twitter

“Saal’s attorney played an interview Saal gave to police on June 19, nine days after Byington was killed.”

Investigator: Where did you go?

Saal: uh, just to a, like a, a park area nearby. I went to go do some work on my car. I had some issues with one of the parts under the hood.

And
Investigator: Did you eat lunch? I know you said you went to work on your car, but-

Saal: uh, that’s a good question.

I hope the link works, it’s him being interviewed. I mean, I can’t remember a lot of things from 9 days ago, but if my coworker was murdered, I think the events of that day and what I was doing would make more of an impression on me than they would have on an ordinary day. MOO

View attachment 202161 View attachment 202162

His reddit account goes back seven years. Nothing too out of the norm, but these posts certainly sound more sinister given what we know now

Did you think some of his posts were oddly normal? Some of them sounded thoughtful when answering a question. If he came off this way in real life, you would think he was a guy in a happy relationship. He could be a person you would trust and be friends with. I read some and thought he sounded kind. It was disturbing.

Did you think some of his posts were oddly normal? Some of them sounded thoughtful when answering a question. If he came off this way in real life, you would think he was a guy in a happy relationship. He could be a person you would trust and be friends with. I read some and thought he sounded kind. It was disturbing.

I believe it very likely that KS presented that way in real life.

He was probably disarming-- especially to his female co-workers. I imagine he talked often about his spouse that he'd know for several years, baby daughter, sister, mom, etc. that he appeared to have close relationships with.

I think he's a very dangerous man, and glad that he is locked up.

MOO

Yes I totally felt the same way when reading through them. I even started to feel guilty. It made me wonder if he had a second account. People on reddit call them their “throwaway accounts”. Even though it’s heavily moderated and even with reddit closing down some subreddits, there is still a lot of dark content on there. People usually have a separate “throwaway” for those subreddits. He has a wife and baby, but there are many examples of people like Rader or Bundy living (and pretty convincingly) double lives.

He did seems to show a different side in this post though
3D9E92CA-8BBF-46D1-B309-8A8BC111DEED.jpeg

Also, I’m not sure if you saw this submission of his, but I’d be really curious to know what it was. The meme is one of those “malicious advice mallards” (the opposite of “actual advice mallard”-the one that gives helpful and useable life tips). He must have deleted it at some point, because it’s only the archived thumbnail and not readable. The actual link and image is gone.
0DAD74DA-9EEF-4A5E-A3BB-E179AB65A30D.jpeg

The Wikipedia one of the redditors linked to goes to “Latin profanities” which seems like (IMP), given the responses, the meme he made was something along the lines of “whisper things you want your wife, girlfriend, whatever, to do in Latin while she sleeps and she’ll do it in real life” or something like that. But it must have mentioned something about strangling in it because...look at the responses. And, it could be just totally innocent and just a “guy joke”, but it’s really unsettling to read.

ETA: actually, after re-reading it, I think it could have been someone else who mentioned strangling first in their response and probably doesn’t mean the meme had anything about strangling in it. I think I’m just reading everything as having sinister undertones now.

Last edited:
Yes I totally felt the same way when reading through them. I even started to feel guilty. It made me wonder if he had a second account. People on reddit call them their “throwaway accounts”. Even though it’s heavily moderated and even with reddit closing down some subreddits, there is still a lot of dark content on there. People usually have a separate “throwaway” for those subreddits. He has a wife and baby, but there are many examples of people like Rader or Bundy living (and pretty convincingly) double lives.

He did seems to show a different side in this post though
View attachment 202682

Also, I’m not sure if you saw this submission of his, but I’d be really curious to know what it was. The meme is one of those “malicious advice mallards” (the opposite of “actual advice mallard”-the one that gives helpful and useable life tips). He must have deleted it at some point, because it’s only the archived thumbnail and not readable. The actual link and image is gone.
View attachment 202683

The Wikipedia one of the redditors linked to goes to “Latin profanities” which seems like (IMP), given the responses, the meme he made was something along the lines of “whisper things you want your wife, girlfriend, whatever, to do in Latin while she sleeps and she’ll do it in real life” or something like that. But it must have mentioned something about strangling in it because...look at the responses. And, it could be just totally innocent and just a “guy joke”, but it’s really unsettling to read.

ETA: actually, after re-reading it, I think it could have been someone else who mentioned strangling first in their response and probably doesn’t mean the meme had anything about strangling in it. I think I’m just reading everything as having sinister undertones now.

I wondered if there was another account or if he was on other message boards. I seemed to only be able to see posts on the main reddit are the subreddit's different? Skimming through his posts and comments he seemed to have respect for women and even gave advice or answered a question about romantic gestures it was sweet not murder her or stalk her until she likes you. Maybe he was really good at lying and conning people. If he posted here I would have probably thought he was articulate and polite and someone that was trustworthy. If this was a coworker that I actually knew, I would have trusted him and probably let him into my home.

I apologize if I missed it (still sleepy eyed here), but does anyone have the link for his Reddit account? I enjoy looking through those and seeing if I can find connections, you never know what u can find. You guys r doing great already, appreciate this info, social media webs really can reveal a lot of interesting facets sometimes.

I apologize if I missed it (still sleepy eyed here), but does anyone have the link for his Reddit account? I enjoy looking through those and seeing if I can find connections, you never know what u can find. You guys r doing great already, appreciate this info, social media webs really can reveal a lot of interesting facets sometimes.
Actually Reddit is not one of the SMS platforms allowed on WS. (Those posts may end up being deleted - fyi)
If you message me, I can send you the link to his account...

That comment he made calling someone a "fat " paired with this old reddit post:

ks64165n
49 points·2 years ago

Hitchcock once said, "I think villains should be very attractive men. Otherwise, they'd never get near their victims."

Makes me believe he was just a touch delusional and thought very highly of himself, maybe more highly than warranted. He does seem like he is very intelligent and well versed, I will give him that, but I think he took that and ran with it, concocting a false sense of self which contributed to his "I can outsmart everyone" attitude. Sick, sick, weirdo.

I am a young, single female and I live in the next neighborhood over from where Carolyn lived, I used to walk my dog and leave my door unlocked without ever thinking twice. BC of this creep I went and immediately purchased mace and am always sure to lock my door now, even if just walking around the parking lot right outside. I truly detest this "man" for what he did to that innocent girl and the sense of safety he stole from everyone around town.

May Carolyn RIP and her family get justice and any kind of closure they possibly can.

I don't know how to find his reddit posts, otherwise I would read them when I have time. I know what you mean about being surprised that his posts seemed normal and in some he almost sounded kind and he appeared respectful of women. Even though I tried to teach myself a lot about sociopaths many years ago, I still get surprised that they can appear so nice, so normal, even helpful sometimes. But then they have this whole other narcissistic, and sometimes evil side. If you read the ultra romantic way he proposed to his wife, he put so much thought and care into it. It's like he had two personalities and his hidden one exploded in rage.

Just want to say I know how unbelievable it must seem that his posts seemed the way they did. It really is so hard to believe.

I previously posted what a former co-worker said about him, that he was smart but manipulative and a liar and he vandalized his co-workers cars. I hope the police are talking with his coworkers from previous jobs.

@lexinyc2013 use this post
That comment he made calling someone a "fat ****" paired with this old reddit post:

ks64165n
49 points·2 years ago

Hitchcock once said, "I think villains should be very attractive men. Otherwise, they'd never get near their victims."

Makes me believe he was just a touch delusional and thought very highly of himself, maybe more highly than warranted. He does seem like he is very intelligent and well versed, I will give him that, but I think he took that and ran with it, concocting a false sense of self which contributed to his "I can outsmart everyone" attitude. Sick, sick, weirdo.

I am a young, single female and I live in the next neighborhood over from where Carolyn lived, I used to walk my dog and leave my door unlocked without ever thinking twice. BC of this creep I went and immediately purchased mace and am always sure to lock my door now, even if just walking around the parking lot right outside. I truly detest this "man" for what he did to that innocent girl and the sense of safety he stole from everyone around town.

May Carolyn RIP and her family get justice and any kind of closure they possibly can.

Just checking in.

I so intensely dislike this man who snuffed out a young life and rising star who will never marry, never have a child while he and his worthless arse exists still.. He is leaving his wife and child without a husband and father but at least they are alive. What is such a sicko even stalking Carolyn for, he had a family! Of course, it could have been work related as well. I know there is no answer, the type never makes sense but I still will always ask why??

Anyhow, just bumping as well.

Jmo.

I’ve been trying to get caught up on all the latest points but I just wanted to remind everyone that it was pouring rain the day Carolyn was murdered. I distinctly remembered that it rained hard all day which makes his story about working on his car even weirder.

I previously posted what a former co-worker said about him, that he was smart but manipulative and a liar and he vandalized his co-workers cars. I hope the police are talking with his coworkers from previous jobs.

Interestingly enough I came in contact with one of his coworkers from about 5 years ago who was shocked when he heard the news- said Saal was a quiet professional guy.

I’ve been trying to get caught up on all the latest points but I just wanted to remind everyone that it was pouring rain the day Carolyn was murdered. I distinctly remembered that it rained hard all day which makes his story about working on his car even weirder.

Interestingly enough I came in contact with one of his coworkers from about 5 years ago who was shocked when he heard the news- said Saal was a quiet professional guy.

You know the old saying about the quiet ones...

Having followed this from the beginning, I don't recall hearing it was pouring rain that day. That is interesting.

I agree with the part about what they say about the quiet ones... I do not know if it is always true but I have encountered it in my life... Beware of the quiet ones...

Jmo.

I also remember rain that day but I wasn’t positive of the time frame. I do remember a few rainy days during that time period. I actually went back to see what the weather was like on that day.

Attachments

• 65A5A4FF-19C6-456C-B8D6-99C3D84954AC.png
    65A5A4FF-19C6-456C-B8D6-99C3D84954AC.png
    246 KB · Views: 34

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members