GUILTY NJ - Carolyn Byington, 26, killed inside her home, Plainsboro, 10 June 2019 *Arrest* #2

I think the car repair lies are odd, yet revealing. The lie about taking the car to the repair shop during his lunch hour was probably just an impulse excuse at the last minute, because he had to explain why he was late back to work. He thinks he's clever by contacting his father, the mechanic, to tie up his story - "yes, my son did say he had trouble with his car." But it was a silly lie, because it was so easy to check.

Then when he's finally challenged on it, he says he was "embarrassed" to admit he was working on his own car. His father - the man who is consolidating his excuse - is a mechanic. He doesn't mind asking his father to help bail him out of trouble, but at the same time, he has disdain for his father's job.
It says a lot about his character and attitude to others, especially those close to him. He probably has a history of telling stupid lies and congratulating himself that his loved ones are not clever enough to see the truth, when they probably choose to close their eyes to his lies. He's in for a shock now that people won't be so willing to take what he says on face value.

So many good posts on this thread.

I agree with you. For example, I think that the things he said at work about the license plate is weird-- yet I must confess that I am a license plate curious person. I have a facility for numbers and letters (not mathy) and the arrangements on plates. I could recognize the license plates of my co-workers who park in my lot after a couple of weeks of walking by the cars. (I am the only person of my age that still does the license plate game on trips because I like to see who is from where.) I would also recognize close matches to my co-worker's plates if I saw them on the highway. It isn't pathological but rather a thing that just trips in my brain. I have noticed license plates that are 2 numbers or letters off of mine with a recognition that that car and mine were registered in close time proximity. But, I am not a murderer or felon of any kind.

This guy's behaviors are odd and, more likely than not, he has committed this horrendous crime. But, we all have little oddities that make us unique.

Yes but we aren't all suspects of major crimes.

I mean it's his oddities coupled with his other statements, coupled with his DNA, coupled with......

I don't think we can analyze evidence in a vacuum. Once we have to keep finding excuses for every issues that points to a person, we are failing to see the forest for the trees, IMO. You know what I mean?

I don't know how to find his reddit posts, otherwise I would read them when I have time. I know what you mean about being surprised that his posts seemed normal and in some he almost sounded kind and he appeared respectful of women. Even though I tried to teach myself a lot about sociopaths many years ago, I still get surprised that they can appear so nice, so normal, even helpful sometimes. But then they have this whole other narcissistic, and sometimes evil side. If you read the ultra romantic way he proposed to his wife, he put so much thought and care into it. It's like he had two personalities and his hidden one exploded in rage.

Just want to say I know how unbelievable it must seem that his posts seemed the way they did. It really is so hard to believe.

Not all murderers are sociopaths. That's where we fail at profiling. Obsessive stalkers are different, for example.

I think it's usually not that black and white.

I agree it is strange that he would talk about it. Just as strange as asking coworkers about the circumstantial evidence. He seems a bit paranoid in his apparent guilt. My thought is he was perhaps trying to claim he saw her alive, by saying he saw her specific car. JMO
bbm
Hmmm. Yes, he does seem a bit paranoid, saying the bit about circumstantial evidence (what was he thinking when he said that?!), and then the thing about the license tag). A prosecutor will be happy to have those little tidbits in his bag of tricks, especially the bit about circ. evidence. SMH.

Do we have a map in this case? Their job, her house, his house, Hunter's Glen in general, the place he claims he worked on his car at, etc.?
Great thought! A map is a wonderful thing for me -- it really brings another real dimension to what we're discussing and makes things more clear. I need all the help I can get. :confused::D

Great thought! A map is a wonderful thing for me -- it really brings another real dimension to what we're discussing and makes things more clear. I need all the help I can get. :confused::D

Me too. If no one does it I can try but I know others are talented at it. I don't know what I'm doing.

Do we have a map in this case? Their job, her house, his house, Hunter's Glen in general, the place he claims he worked on his car at, etc.?

Just google a map of Princeton Meadows( Hunters Glen is in Princeton Meadows which is part of Plainsboro) then scroll over to the left to Route One South and down to Carnegie Center where he worked. You can see how close they are to each other. Approximately 5 miles.

His house is over an hour away.

Little odd coincidence, according to what I’ve read, his wife and Carolyn both studied anthropology... .

That is interesting and at the same time a little creepy. Food for thought for sure.

Welcome!

Just google a map of Princeton Meadows( Hunters Glen is in Princeton Meadows which is part of Plainsboro) then scroll over to the left to Route One South and down to Carnegie Center where he worked. You can see how close they are to each other. Approximately 5 miles.

His house is over an hour away.

To help with a rough sense of direction:

Engine Group, 902 Carnegie center, Princeton, off Route 1 just south of Princeton.

To Carolyn’s at 5212 Hunters Glen Place, Plainsboro, NJ. North on route 1, 3 miles, then east 3 miles on Scudders Mill rd.

From Engine Group to where KS worked on his car. South 1 mile on Canal Pointe which runs parallel to route 1.

This is a random thought. What if she had car trouble sometime maybe weeks or months before her murder (possible helped out by him). She cold have handed him her keys thinking nothing of it. He could have had a copy made for her house.

This is a random thought. What if she had car trouble sometime maybe weeks or months before her murder (possible helped out by him). She cold have handed him her keys thinking nothing of it. He could have had a copy made for her house.

Good thought.

She was single and on her own away from parents, etc. He may have been known to fix cars on the side or offered for his father to do so on some occasion if she did not have a mechanic she trusted or did not know where to take it or have the money for a big repair...

He said he did not want his boss to know "he fixed his own car" but I take that with a grain of salt. It would be an easy way, as a trustworthy (gag) married man, to help women or a single co-worker with car trouble and get "near" them...

And the KEYS are a great point, who do you hand your ring of keys to...? Your mechanic, someone driving your car offering to check out what is wrong by driving it, etc....

Jmo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600
Back