NJ NJ - Charlotte Loomis, 14, Eatontown, 1 Sept 1972

My mother had 6 children with Burton. Gayle died before Burton. Then she married his brother Ashley and had 3 more children. Divorced him and married my dad, had 3 more children. My father had 2 from a previous marriage. I was the one that created the doe network post and worked with the NCMEC, NJ state police and the local police.
The record keeping in the 70's was ridiculous for aviation and police.
I believe they have done all they could with 40+ years missing. Short of getting all remains in labs DNA tested, we may never know what happened to her. I started this Journey to give my mother some closure to no avail

My mother had 6 children with Burton. Gayle died before Burton. Then she married his brother Ashley and had 3 more children. Divorced him and married my dad, had 3 more children. My father had 2 from a previous marriage. I was the one that created the doe network post and worked with the NCMEC, NJ state police and the local police.
The record keeping in the 70's was ridiculous for aviation and police.
I believe they have done all they could with 40+ years missing. Short of getting all remains in labs DNA tested, we may never know what happened to her. I started this Journey to give my mother some closure to no avail
I'm so sorry your family has never gotten any answers. Praying someday those answers will come.

Bumping for Charlotte.

She was only 14, a child. I would certainly hope IF her family thought she ran away they would be heartbroken and trying to find her and not blame a 14-year-old for whatever she was thinking, feeling, or doing but instead just desperately wish they could find and help her.

If my 14-year-old ran away I'd be filled with fear and guilt and not blame him or her.

Too bad we don't have old newspaper articles anout her disappearance, quoting her family, etc. The truth about what happened and whether her family handled it appropriately seems all rumor at this point. IMO.

It's also strange that they list her SS# on the website. You think they'd want to keep that private in case somebody might try to use it for nefarious purposes. I wonder, too, what the family situation was.
Look and see when the social was issued …. This is my family and I have stories, I was always told the social was issues after she went missing, I could go on and on …. I have submitted my dna several years ago and that I believe is how some doe’s have been ruled out. This has always been something that was not talked about but my mother was LaNette and we were loving in Germany at the time

Bumping for Charlotte.

She was only 14, a child. I would certainly hope IF her family thought she ran away they would be heartbroken and trying to find her and not blame a 14-year-old for whatever she was thinking, feeling, or doing but instead just desperately wish they could find and help her.

If my 14-year-old ran away I'd be filled with fear and guilt and not blame him or her.

Too bad we don't have old newspaper articles anout her disappearance, quoting her family, etc. The truth about what happened and whether her family handled it appropriately seems all rumor at this point. IMO.

the family (my family) did not handle it appropriately and I can tell you that is not a rumor!

Look and see when the social was issued …. This is my family and I have stories, I was always told the social was issues after she went missing, I could go on and on …. I have submitted my dna several years ago and that I believe is how some doe’s have been ruled out. This has always been something that was not talked about but my mother was LaNette and we were loving in Germany at the time

Do you have any gut feelings about what happened to Charlotte?

Oh I have gut feelings and I have always said I have murders, embezzlers and drug/alcohol addicts in my family. I was even told once that she wasn’t reported missing so the family got more state aid (this I don’t have proof of)

This must be so difficult for you to have to live with.

Do you think that Charlotte ever got on that flight?

MOD NOTE:

Websleuths welcomes new members who have joined to discuss this puzzling case. Websleuths is fact-based, and does not allow info to be posted as fact unless it is substantiated by a link to an MSM article or LE statement that states it as such. Otherwise it is considered a rumor and a violation of TOS. Such posts are subject to removal.

If a member has a personal history and knowledge of the subjects of this case or any other, they may apply to become a Verified Insider here at Websleuths. That process is explained here:
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Sincerely,
ElementalLaura
Websleuths Moderator

Charlotte's case has been on my mind a lot lately for some reason. Here's something odd I came across.

I had mentioned awhile back that someone on Ancestry had posted an inquiry about Charlotte, saying she was last seen at Fort Lee in VA in 1974. I assumed this person was confused. Now I'm not so sure.

Thomas Fryday and Carole Loomis were married 4/19/1971 in Norfolk VA.

Charlotte vanished on 9/1/1972

I can place Thomas and Carole in Norfolk, VA in Nov-Dec 1972. (Newspapers.com has an article from November stating Thomas was promoted to Marine Sgt. in Norfolk, VA. A Dec. article mentions Mr & Mrs Thomas Fryday, of Norfolk, visiting people. (That would have been Thomas and Carole)

Thomas's family was in Louisiana, he is also mentioned there several times in high school sports in the newspaper in the late 1960's. So he didn't have family in VA.

It appears that Charlotte was only recently reported missing by siblings - maybe because the original was lost or maybe she was never reported missing back then) so is it at all possible that Charlotte visited Carole in Virginia and not NJ?

If not, Thomas and Carole were back in VA just a couple months after Charlotte disappeared.

If this is true, there could be a chance that perhaps Charlotte is the El Dorado Jane Doe who was possibly born out of wedlock?! I mean, charlottes mom got around... ya know? Maybe that’s why her mom never seemed to care? It’s worth mentioning that Eldorado Jane doe was allegedly in Virginia, Louisiana, Florida, Texas, and the east coast! A lot of weird anomalies??
El Dorado Jane Doe (1991)

And also! El dorado does father has been linked to DNA apparently his name was Ashton but he is deceased. They think Jane doe was born out of wedlock. Nobody on her fathers side knew who she was but agreed there was a resemblance. Hmmmm could EdJD’s mother been married too and had a fling with Ashton wood? Perhaps that could be charlottes mom?

Hmm....there are some facial similarities. I can see a resemblance to the one photo of Charlotte.

A few things though: there is DNA for both, right?

Also EDJD was almost 6ft tall, and Charlotte was only 5ft 2 at 14. While not impossible for her to have grown, I think it would be unusual for an older teen girl to shoot up like that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back