Found Deceased NJ - Daniel Connone, 23, veh & book bag found, Blairstown Twp, 16 Oct 2021

I could be misremembering the backpack as I could not find it in any of the articles, it might have been another missing person case that I read that on and thought it was this one. Sorry for the confusion.
Oh I hope that he still has his backpack!!! Then, he might just be taking some time for himself in the woods. The Appalachian Trail is also accessible in this area and people are very kind to the hikers in this area.

Looking up the event at the Minor League Stadium, it is not a drive thru event like others. It is a 45 minute walk thru event. The video they post shows flashing lights. Could this have brought on any altered state?

Wasn't there a situation years ago where flashing lights on a TV show caused epilepsy in some people?
You're talking about what is known as photosensitive epilepsy. Around 1 in 100 people have epilepsy and of these, around 3% have photosensitive epilepsy. This is when seizures are triggered by certain rates of flashing lights or contrasting light and dark patterns. It's most common in children and more rare after the age of 20. It generally triggers a seizure though in some persons who don't have epilepsy but are just sensitive to the strobe effects of lights it may make them feel unwell until the source of light is removed. If he'd been at a function with such lights that caused a seizure that would likely be known as he would have been around others. If just sensitive, he'd have likely felt better after leaving the area. Photosensitivity and Seizures

From an earlier post, the dogs lost his scent around Our Lady Queen of Peace Church, which is a couple miles northwest of Skylands Stadium. Apparently the grass was freshly cut and that's where the dogs lost his scent. The green line on the map shows the Sussex Branch trail which he was apparently following. It runs parallel to 206. If he kept going he would of ended up in the middle of Branchville. Additionally Police received possible leads into the Frankford and Augusta areas.

Hope he is found safe soon.

Skylands Stadium to Our Lady Queen of Peace R.C. Church - Google Maps

Wasn't there a situation years ago where flashing lights on a TV show caused epilepsy in some people?
Yes. It was a children's show. And the children weren't otherwise epileptic, as I understand it.

There was also a highway in England a couple decades ago. They planted a bunch of narrow, tall trees in the median, an exacting distance apart. Once the trees reached a certain size, people on that highway started having seizures although they didn't have a history of epilepsy. It was determined that when the sun was behind the trees, and a car got up to the speed limit, it caused a flashing of light at just the right cadence to cause seizures. So they took out the trees.

He appears to have a rather lengthy, relatively minor, offense record, if this docket summary is his. His name is Daniel Cannone, and I tried to link the docket sheets here, but wasn't able to do so. They can be accessed by typing, "NJ docket sheets," in the search bar and going to the Municipal court pages; there are two pages total. Don't bother with the criminal docket; I already checked, and he is not listed there (besides, you need to disable pop ups to do so, so it'll be a waste of time.)

What is interesting is that on the municipal court dockets, two cases under his name are noted as having been "recalled." I am not exactly sure what this means in the legal sense, but I do wonder if there may have been some court-related delays due to Covid, hence, they are catching up now on past cases. Could he have run away to avoid a legal matter?

He was carrying a backpack when his image was seen on a Ring doorbell camera.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

upload_2022-2-14_19-33-44.png

Circumstances of Disappearance
Blairstown Police is actively investigating a missing person from our area. Daniel A. Cannone, 23 years of age has not been seen since the early morning of 10/16/21.

Investigation has yielded possible leads into the Frankford and Augusta area of Sussex County.

Daniel's vehicle was found at the Skylands Stadium parking lot. The Skylands Stadium holds a "Jack o Lantern Experience '' on the weekends.

We are asking for the public's assistance. If you or anyone you know attended this event on the weeknd of 10/16/21 -10/17/21, and observed anything suspicious or a possible sighting of Daniel and/or his vehicle please contact Blairstown Police Department or your local Law Enforcement Agency.

Further investigation revealed that a possible sighting of a male party matching Daniel's description was seen running from the parking lot of Double S Smokehouse located 124 US 206 Augusta NJ.

Several K9 search and rescue efforts were conducted in the area of his last seen location which subsequently lead the investigation to the area of Our Lady Queen of Peace R.C. Church, located at 209 US 206, Branchville NJ. Due to factoring conditions of the area, Daniel's scent was lost.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back