NJ NJ - Danielle Lopez, 37, went camping in Wharton State Forest, car found in Penn State Forest, 13 Apr 2024

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Danielle Lopez

State Police are asking for the public’s help as they try to find a 37-year-old New Jersey woman missing for more than a month after she told her family she planned to go camping in a state forest.

Danielle Lopez was last seen shortly after 9 a.m. April 13 leaving the Wawa on Route 72 in the Vincentown section of Southampton in Burlington County, State Police said.

Police later found her 2008 2-door blue Hyundai Accent disabled on Lost Lane Road in Penn State Forest, Woodland Township.

She spoke with her family a day earlier, telling them she planned to go camping in Wharton State Forest, the state’s largest forest at more than 124,000 acres spanning three counties

From NJ.com in the OP (and other sources), there's this sentence:
She is known to frequent Brendan T. Byrne State Forest as well as Pemberton Township and Willingboro.

Wonder if there is more to this than meets the eye.

I grew up in this area and my mother still lives in a house against the Wharton Forest. There are tons of unmarked dirt roads all thru the area some wide enough for a car and some just for an atv. They go on for miles. You will find all sort of creepy things out there like burned out cars, homeless people, and it's so desolate. Did anyone ever see sopranos episode out there?

I grew up in this area and my mother still lives in a house against the Wharton Forest. There are tons of unmarked dirt roads all thru the area some wide enough for a car and some just for an atv. They go on for miles. You will find all sort of creepy things out there like burned out cars, homeless people, and it's so desolate. Did anyone ever see sopranos episode out there?
I had the same thought. I grew up north of there but did some canoeing in the Pine Barrens on the various rivers/creeks at times. I understand that some of the ATVers don't adhere to the trails and create quite a wreck of the natural environment, plus leaving trash behind after their parties. Wonder if she came across someone she thought could help her but who had other intentions. It's odd that there isn't much online about her disappearance at all, other than the few short articles posted above. Can anyone find any social media missing persons pages? I've looked to no avail.

Her family is posting on FB
I only found her mom as far as family, but did find some friends posting. This is the missing woman's FB, which uses a different name, but the pictures are her and she is tagged with her full name on other pages that lead to this profile. She had to put her dog down 8 weeks ago. :(

Edited for clarification.

Last edited:
*Wait! What? Is her mother posting her daughter is dead?
Authorities have said Lopez went missing "under suspicious circumstances," said a Facebook post from a woman identifying herself as Lopez' mother.

"Danielle was sweet, creative, and loving," wrote Sue Quackenbush of West Chester, Pa. "She was a wonderful daughter and a vibrant light in my life,"

Quackenbush noted Lopez was the sole survivor of her three children.

"I'm asking for prayers from the community as we once again navigate an incredibly painful situation," she said.

She also requested prayers for first responders and expressed appreciation for "all those who are working tirelessly to find my daughter."

Quackenbush added she would not comment beyond the post.

"I ask that you respect my need to grieve and mourn this difficult loss," she said.

*Wait! What? Is her mother posting her daughter is dead?
Authorities have said Lopez went missing "under suspicious circumstances," said a Facebook post from a woman identifying herself as Lopez' mother.

"Danielle was sweet, creative, and loving," wrote Sue Quackenbush of West Chester, Pa. "She was a wonderful daughter and a vibrant light in my life,"

Quackenbush noted Lopez was the sole survivor of her three children.

"I'm asking for prayers from the community as we once again navigate an incredibly painful situation," she said.

She also requested prayers for first responders and expressed appreciation for "all those who are working tirelessly to find my daughter."

Quackenbush added she would not comment beyond the post.

"I ask that you respect my need to grieve and mourn this difficult loss," she said.
I saw that on her page as well, and it is so very sad. I wonder if the “disabled” state of her car was such that they feel a crime took place. That is, was it burned? Or perhaps since so much time has passed her mom feels she’d never run off so something awful must have happened.

Not the type of vehicle to go into The Pines with as it can get pretty rough out there - deep sand, puddles, old pits, etc. I have a 4-wheel truck and came close to getting stuck one day on my way back from Wildwood. Two guys on the way out as I was going in warned me about some really deep puddles and said they’d be back in 15 minutes in case I got stuck. Fortunately I didn’t, but not everyone who offers help is good.

My daughter used to play out that way (4-wheeling, “redneck water-skiing”, etc) with a lot of her friends and she said Spring Hill isn’t much of a party spot since there was a fire there (accidentally started by partiers with a bonfire) and a teen was killed when the car he was a passenger in hit a tree (separate events).

There have been numerous complaints from people that live out that way about sketchy people that go out there with ATVs. I am in no way against ATVs and/or enjoying remote areas - this is a great area to enjoy a beautiful and unique environment - but not everyone that goes out there is good/trustworthy.

A lot of people would be surprised to know that gang activity is not limited to cities and bad things can lurk even in beautiful places.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DirtyV53
Back