NJ NJ - Danielle Lopez, 37, went camping in Wharton State Forest, car found in Penn State Forest, 13 Apr 2024

Both the New Jersey State Police Missing Person’s Unit and its Human Trafficking Unit are assisting in the search

Map shows location of Wawa on Route 72 in Vincentown and Lost Lane Road in Woodland

Map shows location of Wawa on Route 72 in Vincentown and Lost Lane Road in Woodland

State Police Sgt. Jeffrey Lebron said the investigation into Lopez' disappearance is active and would not answer additional questions

Lost Lane Road runs through a significant potion of the forest, with much of the roadway adjacent to the Breeches Branch tributary.

Authorities have said Lopez went missing "under suspicious circumstances," said a Facebook post from a woman identifying herself as Lopez' mother.

"Danielle was sweet, creative, and loving," wrote Sue Quackenbush of West Chester, Pa. "She was a wonderful daughter and a vibrant light in my life,"

Quackenbush noted Lopez was the sole survivor of her three children.

"I'm asking for prayers from the community as we once again navigate an incredibly painful situation," she said.

She also requested prayers for first responders and expressed appreciation for "all those who are working tirelessly to find my daughter."

Quackenbush added she would not comment beyond the post.

"I ask that you respect my need to grieve and mourn this difficult loss," she said.

Here’s a little info for anyone that is not from the area that may be interested in doing some research.

The area where Danielle is alleged to have gone missing - and where her car was found - is officially known as Woodland Twp, Burlington County. It is more commonly known as Chatsworth.

The Zip Code is predominantly 08088, though parts of the Twp are 08015 and 08019. The Zip Code 08088 is the Vincentown Post Office, however there is no legal Municipality of Vincentown. Vincentown was/is the “Village” portion of Southampton. If you see a reference to “Vincentown”, it most likely is referring to anything within the 08088 Zip Code - NOT the actual Vincentown “Village”.
The 08088 “Vincentown” Zip Code actually encompasses Shamong, Southampton (“Vincentown”), Tabernacle & Woodland (Chatsworth).

I’m familiar with the area and live near the mom.I feel absolutely horrible for the mom because she’s already lost 2 adult children and Danielle is her only child living.

There’s no way I would be camping in that area alone (or with my New Jersian husband for that matter). Parts of rural southern New Jersey are just scary.

"I just don’t know how to organize it. I don’t have a person who can help," the hurting mother sad in an emotional phone call with Daily Voice.

"Everyone’s life is a New York minute so when I have permission I just get in the car."

On Memorial Day Weekend, Quackenbush finds herself alone. Helpless. Distraught.

Alone.

"They have led me to believe it's reasonable to assume we are searching for remains. Quite possibly, there was someone else with her at that store. They can't tell me everything but I've been out there hanging flowers, hanging flyers."

Danielle was last seen making a purchase at the Wawa on Route 72 in Vincentown on April 12. On May 22, her 2008 2-door blue Hyundai Accent was found disabled on Lost Lane Road in Penn State Forest, Woodland Township.

"When I realized she wasn’t answering her calls any longer I reported her missing," Quackenbush said. "I was able to go into my Wawa app and see she had made a purchase of coffee and gave that information to the state police."
Danielle Lopez with brothers Eric, left, and Michael (with glasses).

"She struggled since the loss of her brothers but she sounded good, she was doing good, and she looked good walking out of that Wawa," her mother said.
Missing Willingboro Woman Is Last Surviving Child Of PA Mom In Desperate Need Of Search Help :(

I live in the County and would love to help if the NJ State Police were to indicate that a search would be OK. I realize a search could probably be done anyway, but I feel it’s important to have the “blessing” of the police so that potential clues/evidence aren’t compromised. I know a lot of horse people and ATV people that may also be willing to help if a search were allowed.

I know it is not the police’s responsibility to keep the public apprised of details, but I wonder -
1. WAS someone with her at WaWa (it almost looks like she was smiling as if she saw someone outside that she knew.
2. Was there a note left that may indicate she was depressed/suicidal - especially since she and the family seemed to have been through so much heartbreak.
3. Did the position of the driver’s seat indicate she may have been driving or was it adjusted for someone of a different height?

I live in the County and would love to help if the NJ State Police were to indicate that a search would be OK. I realize a search could probably be done anyway, but I feel it’s important to have the “blessing” of the police so that potential clues/evidence aren’t compromised. I know a lot of horse people and ATV people that may also be willing to help if a search were allowed.

I know it is not the police’s responsibility to keep the public apprised of details, but I wonder -
1. WAS someone with her at WaWa (it almost looks like she was smiling as if she saw someone outside that she knew.
2. Was there a note left that may indicate she was depressed/suicidal - especially since she and the family seemed to have been through so much heartbreak.
3. Did the position of the driver’s seat indicate she may have been driving or was it adjusted for someone of a different height?
I think we aren’t being told details. LE has reason to believe Danielle is not alive. Surely whoever it was she was reacting too is on another camera view? There is a reason we’re not being shown more.

Lopez's disappearance leaves Quackenbush on the brink of losing all three of her children, and she posted an emotional appeal for help on Facebook earlier this week speaking of the latest "unimaginable" heartbreak to strike her family.

Danielle’s 2008 blue Hyundai Accent was found "disabled" about 13 miles away on Lost Lane Road in Penn State Forest, Woodland Township, according to The New Jersey State Police, who posted an appeal for her whereabouts on Wednesday.

"The reason I used my daughter in the past tense in my statement is because police have reason to believe that harm has come of her," she said, adding that police hadn’t provided her with any more details.

Although a lot of the older WaWa's have been replaced with larger "gas station" WaWa's, the WaWa on Route 72 (by the Route 70 / 72 circle) is one of the older, small WaWa's with only one entrance/exit into the store so the surveillance image posted by the NJ State Police could only be from this one door. There is parking in front, on the right side and left front. To the right and behind the WaWa is a small open area, then lots and lots of woods. To the left is Woodland Discount Liquors and Billy Boy's Tavern. Going south on Route 72 there is also a gas station and a pizza place, then not much except for a few small businesses (mostly run out of homes) until you get to the New Lisbon Developmental Center (1.1 miles from the WaWa).

(From the State website: New Lisbon Developmental Center, founded in 1914, is located in New Lisbon, Burlington County on a 1,896-acre tract of land on the edge of the New Jersey Pinelands. It became a state training institution in 1916 and has provided a comprehensive system of care for women and men with intellectual and developmental disabilities since 1977.)

I was out this way today and stopped in to get some lunch and, with it being a holiday weekend with good weather today there was a lot of activity with bikes (bicycles & motorcycles), canoes, kayaks, etc. It made me hopeful that with all of the people out there enjoying this beautiful area this weekend that someone might come across something. I just hope that a lot of people know about Danielle and will keep there eyes open just in case they notice something that could be important.

I'm not sure where on Lost Lane her car was found, but Lost Lane is a fairly long (dirt) road. I'll try to post some pictures later this evening, but I am headed out to the marina for a bit.

Although a lot of the older WaWa's have been replaced with larger "gas station" WaWa's, the WaWa on Route 72 (by the Route 70 / 72 circle) is one of the older, small WaWa's with only one entrance/exit into the store so the surveillance image posted by the NJ State Police could only be from this one door. There is parking in front, on the right side and left front. To the right and behind the WaWa is a small open area, then lots and lots of woods. To the left is Woodland Discount Liquors and Billy Boy's Tavern. Going south on Route 72 there is also a gas station and a pizza place, then not much except for a few small businesses (mostly run out of homes) until you get to the New Lisbon Developmental Center (1.1 miles from the WaWa).

(From the State website: New Lisbon Developmental Center, founded in 1914, is located in New Lisbon, Burlington County on a 1,896-acre tract of land on the edge of the New Jersey Pinelands. It became a state training institution in 1916 and has provided a comprehensive system of care for women and men with intellectual and developmental disabilities since 1977.)

I was out this way today and stopped in to get some lunch and, with it being a holiday weekend with good weather today there was a lot of activity with bikes (bicycles & motorcycles), canoes, kayaks, etc. It made me hopeful that with all of the people out there enjoying this beautiful area this weekend that someone might come across something. I just hope that a lot of people know about Danielle and will keep there eyes open just in case they notice something that could be important.

I'm not sure where on Lost Lane her car was found, but Lost Lane is a fairly long (dirt) road. I'll try to post some pictures later this evening, but I am headed out to the marina for a bit.

Please don't go there ALONE....

WaWa Location, Store Entrance View

WaWa Store Aerial View

Lost Lane Road - Car Found Location

Thank you @Angelcat13 for the boots on the ground information, very helpful! Some things I wish we knew -
  • Was Danielle planning to camp alone?
  • Had she camped at WSF before, did she indicate where she was planning to camp?
  • How was the car "disabled"? Flat tire, wrecked? Found on the road, off the road?
  • Was her cell, purse, camping gear or anything else found in the car?
  • Last seen at Wawa around 9:10 AM on April 13th. Did she leave with someone, or did someone follow her in another car?
  • Car found "disabled" about 13 miles away on Lost Lane Road, her Mom said this is near a campground?

thanks for the better description of the wawa.. top used to the bigger ones.

WaWa Location, Store Entrance View

WaWa Store Aerial View

Lost Lane Road - Car Found Location

Thank you @Angelcat13 for the boots on the ground information, very helpful! Some things I wish we knew -
  • Was Danielle planning to camp alone?
  • Had she camped at WSF before, did she indicate where she was planning to camp?
  • How was the car "disabled"? Flat tire, wrecked? Found on the road, off the road?
  • Was her cell, purse, camping gear or anything else found in the car?
  • Last seen at Wawa around 9:10 AM on April 13th. Did she leave with someone, or did someone follow her in another car?
  • Car found "disabled" about 13 miles away on Lost Lane Road, her Mom said this is near a campground?
Love all of your questions!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11
Back