NJ NJ - Danielle Lopez, 37, went camping in Wharton State Forest, car found in Penn State Forest, 13 Apr 2024

Although a lot of the older WaWa's have been replaced with larger "gas station" WaWa's, the WaWa on Route 72 (by the Route 70 / 72 circle) is one of the older, small WaWa's with only one entrance/exit into the store so the surveillance image posted by the NJ State Police could only be from this one door. There is parking in front, on the right side and left front. To the right and behind the WaWa is a small open area, then lots and lots of woods. To the left is Woodland Discount Liquors and Billy Boy's Tavern. Going south on Route 72 there is also a gas station and a pizza place, then not much except for a few small businesses (mostly run out of homes) until you get to the New Lisbon Developmental Center (1.1 miles from the WaWa).

(From the State website: New Lisbon Developmental Center, founded in 1914, is located in New Lisbon, Burlington County on a 1,896-acre tract of land on the edge of the New Jersey Pinelands. It became a state training institution in 1916 and has provided a comprehensive system of care for women and men with intellectual and developmental disabilities since 1977.)

I was out this way today and stopped in to get some lunch and, with it being a holiday weekend with good weather today there was a lot of activity with bikes (bicycles & motorcycles), canoes, kayaks, etc. It made me hopeful that with all of the people out there enjoying this beautiful area this weekend that someone might come across something. I just hope that a lot of people know about Danielle and will keep there eyes open just in case they notice something that could be important.

I'm not sure where on Lost Lane her car was found, but Lost Lane is a fairly long (dirt) road. I'll try to post some pictures later this evening, but I am headed out to the marina for a bit.
Is there a campground near where her car was found?

Is there a campground near where her car was found?
I don’t know because I don’t know exactly where her car was found. But lots of people camp there outside of actual campgrounds. Reasons could be to avoid campground fees and/or wanting privacy (for a variety of reasons - from innocent to playful to romantic to nefarious and everything in between.

Here’s a little info for anyone that is not from the area that may be interested in doing some research.

The area where Danielle is alleged to have gone missing - and where her car was found - is officially known as Woodland Twp, Burlington County. It is more commonly known as Chatsworth.

The Zip Code is predominantly 08088, though parts of the Twp are 08015 and 08019. The Zip Code 08088 is the Vincentown Post Office, however there is no legal Municipality of Vincentown. Vincentown was/is the “Village” portion of Southampton. If you see a reference to “Vincentown”, it most likely is referring to anything within the 08088 Zip Code - NOT the actual Vincentown “Village”.
The 08088 “Vincentown” Zip Code actually encompasses Shamong, Southampton (“Vincentown”), Tabernacle & Woodland (Chatsworth).
I know Chatsworth. I grew up in the Pine Barrens in Burlington County, nearWharton state Forrest, it is a racist area. It is defiantly easy to get lost out there.
Between Vincentown and Chatsworth, there is another Wawa, and a State mental hospital. There is a gas station and a Bar on hwy 72. I used to camp Near New Greanta, I think the town was called tuckerton? I know there are many camp grounds and I pray she is found.

SO much loss for this mother. My heart aches for her. I'm glad she's got some support but I'm sure it'll never be enough to absolve the pain of losing all three children. Sending lots of love and positive thoughts her way.

From the article:
Lopez is Quackenbush’s only surviving child. Her eldest son Michael died by suicide in 2015, followed 10 months later by her younger son Michael, a Marine who had returned from Afghanistan, in a vehicle incident in Florida.

“That's been a lot,” Quackenbush says. “And then Danielle, shortly after that, lost her grandfather who she had been living with in Delran at the time. She lost him to COVID, and her father a month later.”

..snipped

Quackenbush says that she joined an organization called the Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) after the death of her son Michael. “I have been able to be a peer mentor to many other moms who have lost multiple children,” she says. “So over the years, I've given back to that organization by being a peer mentor. Now I'm in need, and TAPS is wrapping themselves around me with all the support that they can offer.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaneJane