AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #2

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Sep 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beekarina

Beekarina Well-Known Member

2. otto

otto Verified Expert

Different buildings.

upload_2019-9-22_14-35-36.png

3. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Not really. If you put the playground central, the parking lot is to the left (north) and the buildings are to the right (south).

Subiechik21, Jim_M, cass523 and 2 others like this.
  4. Rosiebones

Rosiebones Well-Known Member

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Have any MSM sources reported that the man then got into the driver's seat and drove away? Or do the accounts stop at putting her in the back seat?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2019
  5. Dreptate1103

Dreptate1103 Active Member

As far as I read it just talks about putting her in the back seat . I could be mistaken. Just a thought .

6. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Suspect put Dulce in the back seat and then drove off with her. I was just looking and found several articles (already posted here) stating that.

Here's one:

Police Reveal Details on Possible Suspect After 5-Year-Old Girl Disappears from New Jersey Playground

" The suspect allegedly lured the young girl from the playground and into a red van with a sliding side door and tinted windows, police said, NBC Philadelphia reported.

Dulce was placed in the back seat of the vehicle by the suspect, who then drove away at around 4:20 p.m., police said."

7. Angleterre

Angleterre Well-Known Member

But how do you know that she didn’t do that? Just because we have not been told that by LE, doesn’t mean that it didn’t happen
    JMOO

8. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

I was responding to a post that stated it was hard for people sometimes to ask for help. Just asking a question is not really much of an imposition. Maybe she did, correct. If there was someone there to ask.

9. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Well-Known Member

Hmmm. I've been searching for a map of City Park that includes the restrooms. Has anyone had any luck with that? Have we identified those little buildings to the rear of the basketball courts? TIA

10. SeattleStew

I can't help but wonder if the abduction of Dulce happened inside the restroom with her little brother? From the video of the convenience store Dulce is attentive to him. Maybe when Mom says her little boy said his ice cream was knocked to the floor, he was referring to the restroom? It would make sense since none of the basketball players saw the abduction take place, but they had seen the kids playing.

11. SeattleStew

We probably don't know this, but wouldn't dropped ice cream leave some kind of imprint?

12. Angleterre

Angleterre Well-Known Member

I agree that it can happen really quickly and in the blink of an eye... Slightly OT but we had a case in a Supermarket chain store whereby a mum was food and grocery shopping with her children. As she did so, the children were playing in the food isles
    Where she shopped, and she noticed one of her girls was no longer in the isle. Fortunately, before she even went looking around for her daughter, she sent the older daughter, a teenager, to immediately run and tell security , whilst she, mum, searched the food isles.
    This Supermarket chains policy was ‘immediate lockdown ‘ and all exits/entrances were closed automatically and locked.
    In these few short minutes, her daughter was thankfully located, however, she was in the restrooms in the company of two Eastern European women and they had already undressed her in no time and put her in boys clothes and hacked off her long hair to short and put a hat on her!!!
    Unbelievable how quickly it all happened because if the ‘lockdown ‘ hadn’t occurred so quickly and immediately, the little girl would have been walked out of the store with the women and nobody would have given a second glance !

13. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

I agree with you here. I have had a thought about a school employee, janitor or cafeteria worker? Someone that may cross paths with Dulce and even know that she likes to go to that park.
    Does anyone know if these might be kids from the high school? If so, you’d think if it was someone from their school they would recognize him.
    I gotta disagree. Many Hispanics are some of the most polite men I have ever met. They are polite like this in my experience. Giving space to the family and waiting patiently is what I see him doing. It’s also not uncommon to see them in long sleeves in heat at all.

Importantly, this man does NOT have acne.

This video was compiled from the stores CCTV. We may not be getting the whole picture of what he was doing in the store, purchase wise, because he is not who we are supposed to be focusing on. Additionally, I’m sure the LE would have looked at everyone in that store and video.

14. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

Interesting food for thought; if witnesses actually saw the man put Dulce in the backseat (as opposed to the front seat) then IMO they got a pretty good view of him.

And how did they see that if the van/SUV was parked behind a building?

I believe this is correct - there's a link upthread to a video showing where the mother's car was parked by the white building and not in the actual parking lot. So how did the witnesses see him from the basketball court? All I can think of is maybe the van wasn't completely hidden by the buildings or else maybe there were other witnesses besides the basketball players.

Ugh, so many possibilities here, it's frustrating. It's pretty brazen of the guy to grab a child in sight of other people in the first place. He must have known Dulce's mother was somewhere nearby. If he knew she was in the car and not somewhere on the playground or basketball court then he had to have been watching for a bit. It gives me the creeps!

All MOO and speculation.

15. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

Utterly terrifying! Honestly thought these reports were kind of modern day legends. Scares me to know they are real :(

16. photographer4

photographer4 Well-Known Member

I was wondering if someone knocked her brother's ice cream to the floor as a means to distract him so Dulce could be taken away? He looks at his ice cream, freaks out about that and when he looks up, she's on her way away with someone? Or... someone knocked it to the ground and then told Dulce to follow them to get her brother a new one?

17. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

"Updates from authorities were scant over the weekend, and there was no apparent physical search underway in the park following a massive aerial and ground search on Friday.

Noema Alavez Perez, 19, said she’s closely monitoring every social media tip as authorities continue investigating her daughter’s disappearance.

“She was sweet,” Alavez Perez said in a phone call Sunday. “She was nice, caring.”

Emptiness sets in for Dulce’s family as Amber Alert search for lost 5-year-old continues

18. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

You know, honestly, these two children were alone on the playground. Unless someone noticed them run from Mom's car in the parking lot, who would really know for sure the suspect was doing anything wrong. He's an adult, Dulce seemingly went compliantly, and he placed her in the back seat like he should (though a 5 year old is supposed to be in a carseat) and drove off. No one realized anything was out of the ordinary until later.

Also, he may have been parked along Burt St, closer to the trees in view of the basketball court. No one has said the van was parked directly behind the buildings. It would be visible from there. JMO

19. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

Find it slightly odd there were no more searches in the park. Unless it's fairly straightforward to search. Anyone local help with some insight please?

20. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Sounds like they did a massive search and found nothing. So why would they continue looking, especially considering the theory is that a man in a van took her?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.