AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each group was given the same scenario at a mock command center. Two dummies were placed in the woods and the teams headed out in groups to try to find them.

“We have a drill of two missing people that walked away from their mother. We do have a suspicious male who was seen in the woods at the time the children went missing and the mom calls the police department 15 minutes after they initially go missing,” Pandya says of the exercise.

In the scenario, the two children have autism and are nonverbal – making it a specialized and unique situation for the first responders.

“They’re scared of loud noises so we can’t be running through the woods looking for them. screaming and yelling because they’re going to go further and further from us,” Pandya says.

Berlin Police Lt. TJ Varano says that training exercises like this are imperative.

“I think it’s important for our officers to get just something that’s out of the box, unique training. That it’s just something new that we’ve never done before, just to have that on your tool belt when you arrive on the scene like this,” he says.

Camden County authorities conduct missing persons drill

No, and if he was really serious about fighting for custody I would think he would establish paternity right away. That's all he needs to file, at least for visitation. Imo
That's assuming he has any legal right to be in US, I presume. How would he file for visitation if he doesn't have a legal right to be in US?

I think joint custody is "unofficial" but officially her parents have custody. Children don't live with their mother, and mother neither works nor goes to school, so not even sure what her means of support are. So I don't think she would be awarded custody without having a job or other means of support. But her parents obviously let her to spend time with her children.
Right, but there is no such legal term as official or unofficial so what I meant is that she is likely using that term to mean sole, primary, or physical custody.

They may have joint custody and her parents have physical custody.

Imo

So according to the girls brother, a man called out and waved his finger to Dulce, and she ran up to him? If so then surely the man is known to her if she felt comfortable enough to run up to him?

That's assuming he has any legal right to be in US, I presume. How would he file for visitation if he doesn't have a legal right to be in US?
I thought we already determined that we don't know his status.

All I'm saying is if he was really serious there are steps he could take.
He did say that he intended to fight for custody. We don't know what his intentions are or how he plans to go about it.

He may have threatened to fight for custody in the heat of the moment and never intends to do anything, especially if he is not in any position to do so.

IMO

I thought we already determined that we don't know his status.

All I'm saying is if he was really serious there are steps he could take.
He did say that he intended to fight for custody. We don't know what his intentions are or how he plans to go about it.

He may have threatened to fight for custody in the heat of the moment and never intends to do anything.

IMO
What has been reported is that he is from Mexico, is currently living there, and studying there. So based on this I am making a guess on what his status is.

No, and if he was really serious about fighting for custody I would think he would establish paternity right away. That's all he needs to file, at least for visitation. Imo
We don’t even know if this is true; that the bio Dad stated he was going to fight for custody.

I think either Dulce was absconded to Mexico, or she was intentionally disposed of. By whom, and why, of course is the question.

Amateur opinion and speculation

We don’t even know if this is true; that the bio Dad stated he was going to fight for custody.

I think either Dulce was absconded to Mexico, or she was intentionally disposed of. By whom, and why, of course is the question.

Yes, I thought about that too. She may have said that he wanted to fight for custody as a way to take the attention off of herself, after all the terrible things people have said about her.
Or maybe he just mentioned that he would like custody and it was taken out of context.

I doubt she is in Mexico, but I'm sure LE will investigate thoroughly in order to clear him.

Although the best case scenario would be that she is alive and well with a relative.

Imo

Yes, I thought about that too. She may have said that he wanted to fight for custody as a way to take the attention off of herself, after all the terrible things people have said about her.
Or maybe he just mentioned that he would like custody and it was taken out of context.

I doubt she is in Mexico, but I'm sure LE will investigate thoroughly in order to clear him.

Although the best case scenario would be that she is alive and well with a relative.

Imo
Everything about this is hinky

.The primary conclusion of the study was that child abductions perpetrated by strangers rarely occur. However, when they do occur, the results can be tragic.
  • in 76 percent of the murders of an abducted child, the child was murdered within 3 hours of the abduction;
  • in 89 percent of the cases, the missing child died within 24 hours of disappearing;
  • in nearly 60 percent of the cases, more than 2 hours passed between the time someone realized the child was missing and the time police were notified; and
  • the primary motive for the abductor was sexual assault.
OIG Audit Report 09-08

.The primary conclusion of the study was that child abductions perpetrated by strangers rarely occur. However, when they do occur, the results can be tragic.
  • in 76 percent of the murders of an abducted child, the child was murdered within 3 hours of the abduction;
  • in 89 percent of the cases, the missing child died within 24 hours of disappearing;
  • in nearly 60 percent of the cases, more than 2 hours passed between the time someone realized the child was missing and the time police were notified; and
  • the primary motive for the abductor was sexual assault.
OIG Audit Report 09-08
Yes, despite our impressions, stranger abductions are very rare. Very. We should remember that with our speculations and theories. Likely a known individual.

Thirty years ago, 110 children nationwide were reportedly abducted by a stranger annually. That number nationwide now is estimated at 20 to 30 children annually, he said.

The same story is told through Federal Bureau of Investigation statistics, which reveals that fewer than 1 percent of missing child reports involve abductions by strangers, a statistic that’s held steady for years.

“One is the description of the person who is doing it, the method they are using to abduct the child, and any vehicle description that may be important,” he explained. “

Attempted abductions by strangers, while rare, are most likely to occur when a child is walking alone, either taking a short-cut, walking in an alley by themselves, or going to and from school, Lowery said.

“Stereotypical abductions” aren’t as prevalent anymore, but predators are still known to approach children to ask them for help to find their “lost puppy,” or they ask youth for “directions,” Lowery said.

The biggest difference between attempted abductions and child luring is contact. Attempted abductions involve a face-to-face encounter, and luring involves using tactics such as engaging juveniles in online chat rooms or contacting them on social media. Law enforcement refer to it as “technology-facilitated abduction.”

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2019/07/attempted-abductions-by-strangers-is-very-rare-expert.html
That's strange...I have an article that states It's much higher than 20-30 stranger abductions per year...
"On average, fewer than 350 people under the age of 21 have been abducted by strangers in the United States per year since 2010, the FBI says. From 2010 through 2017, the most recent data available, the number has ranged from a low of 303 in 2016 to a high of 384 in 2011 with no clear directional trend."
www.reuters.com/article/us-wisconsin-missinggirl-data-idUSKCN1P52BJ

The family of little Dulce told Eyewitness News there is now a $65,000 reward being offered for information that leads to the whereabouts of the 5-year-old.

“Since she hasn’t been here it’s been a lot quieter in the house. She’s usually running around the house. She’s the one who makes the most noise out of all of the kids in the house,” Perez said.

“Some people in this community are likely undocumented and that poses very particular challenges to law enforcement conducting these types of investigations and trying to get information from the community — from people in the community who might be witnesses to something or might have information becomes a real challenge because those people, particularly undocumented immigrants, are very fearful of any potential contact with law enforcement,” Klaver said.

Perez says the FBI has interviewed Dulce’s father, who is in college in Mexico.

“I told him that I was pregnant by him and he didn’t believe me until my daughter was one month and he saw that my daughter had his face,” Perez said.

Missing 5-Year-Old Dulce Maria Alavez Placed On FBI's Most Wanted List

The family of little Dulce told Eyewitness News there is now a $65,000 reward being offered for information that leads to the whereabouts of the 5-year-old.

“Since she hasn’t been here it’s been a lot quieter in the house. She’s usually running around the house. She’s the one who makes the most noise out of all of the kids in the house,” Perez said.

“Some people in this community are likely undocumented and that poses very particular challenges to law enforcement conducting these types of investigations and trying to get information from the community — from people in the community who might be witnesses to something or might have information becomes a real challenge because those people, particularly undocumented immigrants, are very fearful of any potential contact with law enforcement,” Klaver said.

Perez says the FBI has interviewed Dulce’s father, who is in college in Mexico.

“I told him that I was pregnant by him and he didn’t believe me until my daughter was one month and he saw that my daughter had his face,” Perez said.

Missing 5-Year-Old Dulce Maria Alavez Placed On FBI's Most Wanted List
Ohhhh...how intuitive!

Everything about this is hinky

Yes, especially since we have not heard much of anything since Saturday.

But the FBI are involved so I'm hoping it's because they are so busy following up on leads and they just don't have anything solid yet.

I think a few days ago they said they had interviewed about 75 people, so maybe they have done more by now.

There is probably a lot more surveillance footage to view, and we never know what that is going to reveal. There has to be some evidence out there.

I remember in the Mollie Tibbett's case it was the footage from a residence security camera that finally led to the suspect. In so many cases it turns out to be something that was captured on camera that leads them to the perp.

How well planned could this crime have been? There must have been mistakes made, especially if this was a spontaneous kidnapping. Most criminals do not seem to plan very well.

I wonder if they are still searching in the park. I think they need to check out some of those roads around the park that lead to remote areas.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member