AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one of the things that makes me wonder if she does know/suspect more than she is saying publicly. I hope she has been fully forthcoming with LE.

I believe she and her boyfriend Edgar rent a room a few blocks away. I’m not sure what he does for work only that he is undocumented and was working in Philly the day Dulce disappeared.

It is my recollection from media accounts – and I could be wrong – that Noema has a room in a building very near her parents, not a full apartment. Possibly next door to her parents. She may only have very basic resources and rely on family support for some food and rent money, even though she's not under the same roof. She may also qualify for some assistance. The entire family seems to be living on next to nothing since both of her parents were laid off after Dulce's disappearance. One misfortune after another.

It's possible her parents thought it would be good for her developmentally to experience living 'on her own', even if she was still financially dependent on them or the state, since her living at home led to frequent disagreements according to her. (Hardly an uncommon dynamic between parents and teenagers under the same roof!) Trying to launch a child who has made such missteps as multiple teen pregnancies and involvement in drugs can't be easy, whether or not there's a MH or developmental component to her issues. They may have felt, or been advised, that baby steps toward some independence and responsibility were better than allowing her to remain at home totally dependent, without being enrolled in school, and influencing her younger sister and her own children 24/7. It would be good to know if Noema's made any attempts to work full- or part-time, or otherwise occupy her time constructively with education or counseling or ....?

I believe she and her boyfriend Edgar rent a room a few blocks away. I’m not sure what he does for work only that he is undocumented and was working in Philly the day Dulce disappeared.

Okay thanks for that info. I didn't realize she was living with Edgar, nor that their place was more than steps away from her parents' home.

She and Edgar could be living on his earnings, as meager as they would be for an undocumented laborer.

That's one of the things that makes me wonder if she does know/suspect more than she is saying publicly. I hope she has been fully forthcoming with LE.

It is my recollection from media accounts – and I could be wrong – that Noema has a room in a building very near her parents, not a full apartment. Possibly next door to her parents. She may only have very basic resources and rely on family support for some food and rent money, even though she's not under the same roof. She may also qualify for some assistance. The entire family seems to be living on next to nothing since both of her parents were laid off after Dulce's disappearance. One misfortune after another.

It's possible her parents thought it would be good for her developmentally to experience living 'on her own', even if she was still financially dependent on them or the state, since her living at home led to frequent disagreements according to her. (Hardly an uncommon dynamic between parents and teenagers under the same roof!) Trying to launch a child who has made such missteps as multiple teen pregnancies and involvement in drugs can't be easy, whether or not there's a MH or developmental component to her issues. They may have felt, or been advised, that baby steps toward some independence and responsibility were better than allowing her to remain at home totally dependent, without being enrolled in school, and influencing her younger sister and her own children 24/7. It would be good to know if Noema's made any attempts to work full- or part-time, or otherwise occupy her time constructively with education or counseling or ....?
You make some good points as far as parents encouraging independence and responsibility goes but in this case it seems that the lesson didn't really accomplish the goal. But I agree that Noema's parents probably did the best they could and sometimes it just takes a few more years of growing up. I've seen kids turn around once they hit their 20's. IMO the best thing the grandparents have done is love and support Noema and her kids. That counts for a lot. A hell of a lot.

And to be clear I wasn't implying anything nefarious in asking where Noema's money comes from since it's likely her parents help out. It was more about her doing something constructive with her time, stuff that would help her to mature. And honestly, it doesn't sound like much fun to just sit around all day, especially at 19.

But back to Dulce... IMO a stranger looking for a child to grab was going to do it no matter what. It was risky because there were people around but he did it anyway. If it wasn't Dulce then it would have been someone else's child. Cripes, look at Adam Walsh - taken in a Sears store. These sickos will have what they want, risk or no.

I guess the surprising information is that mother says there were four females playing basketball. Previously it was reported there were roughly two dozen people playing basketball (I envision those as males as presumably did other people).

And the best I can gather from the story mother was telling, is that some man might have waved to the child and the child run toward that guy. That kind of goes against the stranger theory. Of course who knows how accurate that is.

I thought during the interview that Noema said she wanted to take Dulce with her when she moved out with Manuel’s father but her parents didn’t think she was able to take care of her.
I guess her living with Manuel's father didn't last long because Manuel also ended up living with grandparents.

I guess the surprising information is that mother says there were four females playing basketball. Previously it was reported there were roughly two dozen people playing basketball (I envision those as males as presumably did other people).
Okay, that's weird; early reports definitely report information from LE saying:
Police said roughly two dozen people were playing basketball nearby when the girl disappeared. None of the players said they saw anyone abduct the girl.
Cops search for 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez last seen at NJ playground
https://nypost.com/2019/09/17/cops-...ulce-maria-alavez-last-seen-at-nj-playground/
Police say as many as two dozen people may have been in the area around the time of the girl’s disappearance at the basketball courts next to the playground.
Police believe 5-year-old subject of Amber Alert may have been lured from playground
What the heck?? I'd like to know if Dr. Phil did all his research and if so did he ask about the discrepancies? Argh, 2 hours+ until the show comes on for me.

And the best I can gather from the story mother was telling, is that some man might have waved to the child and the child run toward that guy. That kind of goes against the stranger theory. Of course who knows how accurate that is.
It was a truly bizarre interview with Dr Phil, I have to say. It was like he was trying to pull eye teeth trying to get information from Noema. And even just trying to connect logical dots was laborious- like when he pointed out that if Noema and Dulce didn’t know any black men, then how could the black man supposedly seen walking have been someone she knew (Noema maintained it was probably someone Dulce knew). Painful and a bit baffling for me to watch the interview at times.

So much still doesn’t make sense. Does little brother talk or not, why were there 2 dozen people playing basketball at first and now only 4 girls, if it was a black man reported seen then why does Noema think her ex might have taken her (assuming the ex is not black because Noema said she didn’t know any black men).

MOO.

Why would she think "old friend" might have taken Dulce? She supposedly rejected this old friend, but why would he want the child? None of it makes any sense to me.

Same here. Just what I said. I think there may possibly be a great deal more to this story. The whole family situation and background is complicated, with different children and different fathers and different living spaces, besides anything else.

Alavez-Perez says a young girl at Bridgeton City Park’s basketball court told her she’d seen Dulce run in the direction of those buildings as an African American man passed behind, and then that girl saw the red van that Dulce was allegedly led into.

“What could he have said that could make your daughter leave her brother behind, and run towards him?” Dr. Phil asked.

“I’m not sure,” Alavez-Perez responded flatly.

“How many African-American men do you know that your daughter would know?”

“No one.”

“How many black males do you know?” he asked Alavez-Perez, who responded that she “really didn’t have friends — black males.”

Alavez-Perez said she was never given the results from her polygraph, in which she was asked point blank whether she facilitated Dulce’s disappearance or tried to sell her, both of which she denied during the test and when Dr. Phil asked.
Young mother of missing New Jersey girl Dulce Alavez denies involvement in 5-year-old’s disappearance

"Is she that way all the time?" he asked Rodriguez.

"I want to believe she cries at night. I want to believe she's strong. I want to say she's strong for the public, for herself," she said.

"You think she may know more about what took place than she's telling?" Dr. Phil asked.

"Yes," Rodriguez said.

"Why?"

"She seems too calm," Rodriguez replied. "I feel like she knows that the child is OK. She's missing her but I feel like she knows that the child is OK."

Rodriguez also said she's never seen Noema "freaking out" and she saw her cry just once.

"She's told me they're upset because she might know something," Rodriguez said.
Startling Revelations In Amber Alert Probe For 5-Year-Old NJ Girl

"Is she that way all the time?" he asked Rodriguez.

"I want to believe she cries at night. I want to believe she's strong. I want to say she's strong for the public, for herself," she said.

"You think she may know more about what took place than she's telling?" Dr. Phil asked.

"Yes," Rodriguez said.

"Why?"

"She seems too calm," Rodriguez replied. "I feel like she knows that the child is OK. She's missing her but I feel like she knows that the child is OK."

Rodriguez also said she's never seen Noema "freaking out" and she saw her cry just once.

"She's told me they're upset because she might know something," Rodriguez said.
Startling Revelations In Amber Alert Probe For 5-Year-Old NJ Girl

I do not like the sound of this woman at all!!,she has no idea of what is normal for Noema,she has only known her since her daughter has been gone so how would she know if she is acting "right" or not?.
I personally dont think Noema knows anything,I think she has told mistruths because she knows she screwed up and doesnt want to get in trouble(like a younger child or teenager would),and I think maybe as others have said she is slightly challenged and possibly doesnt grasp the seriousness of a missing child in the same way others do(hope this makes sense?).

Well if Noema has issues with anxiety/depression (it has been reported she dealt with depression in the past, and Dulce going missing likely would make that worse), and she is prescribed meds, they could produce that sort of emotion numbing effect. But I have no clue what Noema knows or doesn't know. The theory about an "old friend" is truly bizarre, because she hasn't mentioned a thing as to why this "old friend" would want the child.

I totally agree. My mother is a foster carer and we see our fair share of mothers for all different reasons, drugs , domestic etc. But all the mums have a love for their children and if they dont they still Express emotions (even bad ones).
However sometime there is the odd mother who is just, I don't know how to put it, they're not on drugs, they're not abusive or nasty to children, they come across as an able adult but the mothers bond, that fierce love and a determination to have your baby by your side at all times , is just missing.

These are the mothers that when they say goodbye after a short weekly contact with the child, will simply tell us (the carers) goodbye and not even lean into, or say goodbye to their child. They would just go as if it was any other thing. It's very strange, it's like the maternal instinct is missing.

Again, not bad people, not bad to their child , just emotionally detached. These babies always end up with other family members or adopted because the mother was just not capable of making adult choices.
How very sad, for a mother not to have a maternal instinct. Even if the mother is not raising her child she did give birth to the child. I have never meet someone so emotionless. I feel really bad for her. I think she is missing her daughter, but doesn't know how to express it.Sad.

100% agree with this post.

MOO: I do not think a language barrier is involved in how she is coming across. I also do not think past trauma is the reason she is coming across the way she is (although I do think there has certainly been some degree of past traumas- as would seem obvious from a 14 yr old pregnancy, 3 kids before age 20, and history of drug use).

I think there are learning difficulties, and/or emotional delays, and intellectual delays with Noema. And that is said with respect. It could very well be part of why she was not given custody of Dulce.

It has been really hard for me to get past how “suspect” her behavior has seemed, but I’ve come to strongly believe she is not involved, but rather intellectually challenged. Again, said respectfully.

MOO.
DBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members