AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that watching this vigil play out was one of the saddest things I've seen in a good long while on so many levels.

WHERE IS LE and the PROSECUTOR?

It appears that LE and the Prosecutor have simply vanished into thin air and I hope this is not the case?

Is anyone tweeting or contacting on FB the Gov. of NJ or the AG who IMO created the mess on the issue of non documented people in the first place?

Missing cases are tough for LE and this case has been challenging from the get go IMO due to the community issues in place, but I find it hard to believe that LE has zero and that the family aren't getting support from the Prosecutors office to hold a simple vigil on public property so that others can attend?

Is there someone from the Prosecutors Office that is tasked to be a Family Liaison person and to assist with issues such as posting flyers and vigils? The idea that the Family was allegedly told that they needed a permit or lights turned on etc. is IMO nuts given the overall situation that is going on.

IMO the Family need help and IDK if the Prosecutors Office or some other agent within the City of Bridgeton can assist here but this is honestly heartbreaking to watch as the local government seems absolutely tone deaf to the community issues that are playing out in front of their eyes? Perhaps there is a religious organisation in town that can assist the family? IDK, grasping for ideas here but it seems like the family needs help and guidance.

MOO
Important questions fitz. Someone in authority needs to answer them.

...efforts are underway to get new K-9 and dive teams ... Bridgeton and the police have approved a start by the search teams once the family signs off. The plan is to have the dive team search all 31 miles of the nearby Cohansey River and other nearby waterways surrounding Bridgeton City Park.

Filoon said the team is going to search “as if it was Day One.”
bbm

‘We still have the faith’: 2 months after Dulce vanished, still seeking answers

What on earth would the family be signing off?

I am not sure of NJ laws regarding SAR. In PA a member of local government must contact SAR and officially request a search. In most cases it is relayed through emergency dispatch. There is a ton of work behind the scenes for a SAR mission and requires an experienced incident command team to coordinate everything from food and water to porta potty's to support the searchers. Sometimes "Second Alarmers", Red Cross or Salvation Army support these operations. In missions I have been on, there have been more team members in incident command than actual trained searchers. It is no small undertaking, even in a limited search area.

I keep going back to the google earth view of the park. An actor planning a child abduction would need to know that area like the back of their hand or have researched the egress points to know the fastest way to exit the area with a child and not be seen. Planning and research. One wrong turn and you could be trapped against the river with no escape depending on the reaction time of LE. The actor would most likely not know how fast LE would be called and their response time. Only the locals would know if someone new had been lurking around the park in the days preceding the abduction. Were there any 911 calls (trial run) to the park in the weeks proceeding the abduction that the abduction may have used to gauge response time? Where could the abductor have staged a car? Scholastic Street/Mayor Aitkin Drive and Burt Drive could have the abductor running right into responding LE. Hiding in any of the outbuildings for the park, schools or sports fields has it's own risks were a good hasty search have been mounted immediately.

Just my 2 cents here but it's not surprising that Dulce's story has been slowly slipping away. Unlike other cases this may actually be a stranger abduction so there are no suspects to focus on. And the Bridgeton Hispanic community appears to be reluctant to come forward due to immigration issues. LE has no new leads so where exactly should they focus searches?

Without a local reporter willing to dog the case and keep posting stories (think Deorr Kunz and reporter Nate Eaton for example) and LE staying quiet there's nothing to report on. And as for social media attacking the family, well we've been seeing more and more of that in recent cases and IMO there's not a lot that can be done to stop the rumor mill.

Often there's a reason such as a parent or caregiver being named a suspect but sadly IMO anonymous posters on FB and other social media don't seem to understand the difference between a suspect and an innocent family. Maybe it's because people need to focus their anger and frustration on someone, anyone or maybe people are just cruel and unthinking. I don't know.

In my experience following cases LE rarely keeps the family in the loop of what's being done to find their loved one but I have seen exceptions. Dulce's case is not one of those exceptions. Bridgeton LE may be following suggestions from the FBI or maybe they are inexperienced; in a perfect situation they would stress that the family is cooperating and give us updates once a week. But that's not happening here.

All we can do is continue to support Dulce's family on this thread until something breaks. If this is a stranger abduction it could be years before she is found (think Isabel Celis) and until then her case will sit in Limbo along with Myra Lewis, Rondreiz Phillips, Leonna Wright and all the other little innocents that have yet to be found. I do believe this case will crack but I don't know when.

All MOO.
You make me wanna cry when you mention Myra, Deorr, Isabel, etc. wtf is wrong with anyone that’s involved in these cases?

I keep going back to the google earth view of the park. An actor planning a child abduction would need to know that area like the back of their hand or have researched the egress points to know the fastest way to exit the area with a child and not be seen. Planning and research. One wrong turn and you could be trapped against the river with no escape depending on the reaction time of LE. The actor would most likely not know how fast LE would be called and their response time. Only the locals would know if someone new had been lurking around the park in the days preceding the abduction. Were there any 911 calls (trial run) to the park in the weeks proceeding the abduction that the abduction may have used to gauge response time? Where could the abductor have staged a car? Scholastic Street/Mayor Aitkin Drive and Burt Drive could have the abductor running right into responding LE. Hiding in any of the outbuildings for the park, schools or sports fields has it's own risks were a good hasty search have been mounted immediately.
Agreed and I have stated that all along. It is an area that someone had to be familiar with. Even knowing it's there in the first place as it's not necessarily a place out-of-towners visit (often), except for the Cohanzick Zoo of course. And, I'm not sure how many folks who don't live in the surrounding area do that. Ironically, my sister-in-law posted pics from that zoo just last week as she was visiting with 2 of her grandkids. She lives in Salem, which I would consider the surrounding area - enough to know about the zoo, how to get there, etc.

If someone parked on Mayor Aiken Drive, he would have to carry or walk with Dulce through the wooded trails to access it. And, I don't believe there are any actual parking spots along that road, as it is the main thoroughfare cutting across the park from north to south. If there was a vehicle involved, my guess would be behind the building where her brother pointed, with easy access to putting Dulce in the vehicle quickly and driving out past the basketball court. JMO, of course.

Last edited:
Agreed and I have stated that all along. It is an area that someone had to be familiar with. Even knowing it's there in the first place as it's not necessarily a place out-of-towners visit (often), except for the Cohanzick Zoo of course. And, I'm not sure how many folks who don't live in the surrounding area do that. Ironically, my sister-in-law posted pics from that zoo just last week as she was visiting with 2 of her grandkids. She lives in Salem, which I would consider the surrounding area - enough to know about the zoo, how to get there, etc.

If someone parked on Mayor Aiken Drive, he would have to carry or walk with Dulce through the wooded trails to access it. And, I don't believe there are any actual parking spots along that road, as it is the main thoroughfare cutting across the park from north to south. If there was a vehicle involved, my guess would be behind the building where her brother pointed, with easy access to putting Dulce in the vehicle quickly and driving out past the basketball court. JMO, of course.

If you follow Babe Ruth to where it intersects with Scholastic, you can see what looks to be an unimproved power line access road that takes you all the way out to W Park Drive. It's a heck of a long hike while trying to carry or walk with a small child, but it's the best egress route on foot to take if the actor does not have a car (or has it parked elsewhere) and has a low risk of detection. Edited to add that right across W Park Drive there is a parking lot on sunset lake.

If you follow Babe Ruth to where it intersects with Scholastic, you can see what looks to be an unimproved power line access road that takes you all the way out to W Park Drive. It's a heck of a long hike while trying to carry or walk with a small child, but it's the best egress route on foot to take if the actor does not have a car (or has it parked elsewhere) and has a low risk of detection. Edited to add that right across W Park Drive there is a parking lot on sunset lake.
Sunset Lake is also a bit of a walk. And you have to pass the zoo, unless there are wooded trails I’m not aware of. The lake area and the zoo are the only places there I’ve ever visited. Though, there used to be a nice restaurant at the southern end entrance where we often dined with friends. Many moons ago.

Sunset Lake is also a bit of a walk. And you have to pass the zoo, unless there are wooded trails I’m not aware of. The lake area and the zoo are the only places there I’ve ever visited. Though, there used to be a nice restaurant at the southern end entrance where we often dined with friends. Many moons ago.

This is why I like the power line right of way. It goes through the woods and were the actor to hear a vehicle coming up it, it would have been easy to jump off into the woods and hide before seen.

Just one possible scenario. I wonder if the right of way was checked for any fresh human and vehicle tracks as well as pushed down vegetation on either side.

This is why I like the power line right of way. It goes through the woods and were the actor to hear a vehicle coming up it, it would have been easy to jump off into the woods and hide before seen.

Just one possible scenario. I wonder if the right of way was checked for any fresh human and vehicle tracks as well as pushed down vegetation on either side.
I do see your point. That's still a long haul to drag or carry a 5 year old along. And Park Drive to the north is a fairly busy street. They would have to cross that in order to get to the lot near Sunset Lake. I'm not feeling it. Better to have a vehicle closer to the playground. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awb1903