AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Maria Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, 16 Sept 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think her age plus her culture combined can explain away a lot of her comments and behaviors that people are suggesting as being deceitful. My husband is mexican and from my own personal experience emotions and even responses to physical pain are displayed ... differently. Perhaps what we consider a normal reaction to grief and pain is considered a sign of weakness in another culture. In a situation where you have completely lost control of everything, regaining control of your emotions and responses may be the only thing holding you together. JMO

ETA: plus, there are often grammatical mistakes when someone is not speaking their common language. If Spanish is her first language and English 2nd, then maybe that is the culprit. Idk.

My goodness...THIS is what I was looking for!!!! THANK YOU!!

I am anglo, but have lived on the US/Mexico border for a ton of years. I've certainly always been aware of cultural and language differences as I've had many friends who were Mexican, some even living in Mexico.

Those differences hit me like a ton of bricks after our Wal-Mart massacre on August 3rd. Their culture is FAR less likely to seek mental health help after a trauma or tragedy. Those emotions are supposed to be withheld publicly and kept within the family. I've read a lot about this. It does seem that *some* see it as a sign of weakness.

It has made me sad to read comments lately regarding our shooting. It's been 6 and a half weeks...comments saying GET OVER IT. Already.

I don't want anyone to misunderstand my point...I am not at all bashing a culture different than mine...but it IS different and that's the point. I also feel that things are being misconstrued due to simple differences. You said it better than I am, ManicMuggle83!

My goodness...THIS is what I was looking for!!!! THANK YOU!!

I am anglo, but have lived on the US/Mexico border for a ton of years. I've certainly always been aware of cultural and language differences as I've had many friends who were Mexican, some even living in Mexico.

Those differences hit me like a ton of bricks after our Wal-Mart massacre on August 3rd. Their culture is FAR less likely to seek mental health help after a trauma or tragedy. Those emotions are supposed to be withheld publicly and kept within the family. I've read a lot about this. It does seem that *some* see it as a sign of weakness.

It has made me sad to read comments lately regarding our shooting. It's been 6 and a half weeks...comments saying GET OVER IT. Already.

I don't want anyone to misunderstand my point...I am not at all bashing a culture different than mine...but it IS different and that's the point. I also feel that things are being misconstrued due to simple differences. You said it better than I am, ManicMuggle83!
This.....

call me crazy but I'm not seeing anything unusual about this video. Mom's paying for ice cream, kids are being kids, she knew ( could hear) exactly where they were. I don't see a problem in this video. ( I did love Dulce carrying her brother to keep close to mom) IMO

The FBI has joined in on the search for a 5-year-old girl believed to have been abducted from a park in Cumberland County.
Police were back at the park Wednesday looking at surveillance video and visiting the areas of the park that they believe Alavez was on Monday.

They say that they hope that anyone who was at the park on Monday contacts them so that they can ask them some questions about what they may have seen. Police say that they will interview as many people as they can and that they are looking at all leads – including family members.
The car that belongs to Alavez’s mother was towed from the park Tuesday for the investigation.
Authorities add that Alavez's father lives in Mexico and is not a factor in the investigation.
FBI joins the search for girl believed to be abducted from Bridgeton park

No news other than the FBI getting involved. Hopefully something will break soon.

Excuse my ramblings, just thinking through this a bit.

One thing that sticks out to me is, if the three year old did see a person, which I don’t believe has been confirmed (though we do know he was having a rough ice cream day). If it was an adult family member/relation the little guy most likely would have recognized them one can assume. (You can’t get much of anything past my just turned 3 yo nephew). Though MA may have just been too busy looking at his disaster of an ice cream to have seen anything else, I do mean this seriously, I would certainly be distracted by fallen treat.
On the other hand, him being upset and going to his mom at least made them aware of the situation that much sooner.

Also, it’s actually great that the person was wearing a virtual highlighter of an outfit, once that was found out I think many others could possibly have helped with the description when asked again given just that bit of information.

Also, and this just my opinion, since they don’t have a lead. The little one seemingly vanished they just would not be running a proper investigation if they didn’t look at family. so personally, I am not reading into them not being ruled out too much. It just like when an adult goes missing and they look at their loved ones.

But it is unfortunate that what looked like a sweet little family outing turned into a nightmare. One last opinion, all three children look well cared for, and she is a mom who did make time to do things like take her little ones to the park. A local park, possibly familiar, and she really was just 30 yards away, spending time with her little sis, who, at 8, is either doing her homework as some mentioned, or on any electronic device available :). It just doesn’t read like a parent did it to me, all just my opinion.
Hoping for Dulce

Edited by me for grammar

Hints of Shannon Matthews (UK case) luckily she was found safely. If this was orchestrated surely there would be an appeal for a huge reward by now though, which is what happened in the Shannon Matthews case
Jmo

I completely disagree. This can be done safely and might be one of the only ways a mom can get a few minutes to herself. I did it myself when my kids were younger. I was still watching them, eyes on them, ears listening, the whole time, but I could sit in a few minutes of relative quiet while they burned off some energy.

Obviously it depends on how far the play area is from the vehicle and other circumstances, but it’s not fair to say this should never be done .

But you could see and hear your kids in the playground/

In this case, a 3 yr old and a 5 yr old were going off , out of sight of their mom, in a very crowded, large park. Not an ideal way to take care of 2 very young kids. JMO

ADMIN NOTE:

We need to remind members that it has been specifically stated that LE does not consider the mother to be a person of interest.

Websleuths is victim friendly, and blaming her in any way or making derogatory statements are not considered victim friendly.

Post accordingly or your posts will be removed and you may experience a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

Who is saying "God" in the video of Dulce carrying her brother? Does anybody else hear this? I think everybody should not only look for a red van this morning while outside driving or walking, but please think of anyone that you know who fits the description, orange sneakers.....Big clue to me.

Tragically, I think this is going to be a random, predator opportunity situation. I think these two young kids were alone, and it became obvious to someone sick, that they were not being supervised closely. :(

And they took advantage of the vulnerable situation in the worst way. JMO

Even if you are driving to work and you see something that makes your hair stand on end, do not doubt yourself. Get a license plate number at the minimum. Please help find her. We have seen abductions where they keep the child for quite a while. I am glad that this Amber alert is wide spread. Look for the red van. Try not to get distracted by all the other things going on during your drive. Police cannot be everywhere on highways, they have to respond to calls. Keep Looking Please.

Police Believe Missing 5-Year-Old Dulce Maria Alavez Lured Away From Bridgeton Playground By Man

Police Believe Missing 5-Year-Old Dulce Maria Alavez Lured Away From Bridgeton Playground By Man

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Investigators are stepping up the search for missing 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez after she vanished from a Bridgeton park on Monday afternoon. Police say they now believe she was lured away from a playground after conducting more interviews with people in the park.

Police say as many as two dozen people may have been hanging out around the time of the girl’s disappearance at the basketball courts next to the playground.

After tracking down some of those bystanders for thorough interviews, police were able to get a description for a possible kidnapper and his vehicle.

They now believe a man in a minivan took the little girl. They don’t know if he’s familiar to her or a complete stranger.

“The officers were cognizant enough to take names down of the individuals that were here but we couldn’t really conduct full interviews of those suspects and once more police came, the witnesses started to wander off. We were able to locate those witnesses through the department body cams and MVRs and we were able to relocate those witnesses and we’re still continuing to locate witnesses,” Bridgeton Police Chief Michael Gaimari said.

The suspect is described as a light-skinned, possibly Hispanic, man, standing 5-foot-6 to 5-foot-8 with a thin build. He has no facial hair but he does have acne.

Police say he was last seen wearing orange sneakers, red pants and a black shirt. He was driving a red van with a sliding door and tinted windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo