AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Maria Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, 16 Sept 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amber Alert Issued For Missing 5-Year-Old Dulce Maria Alavez, Last Seen At Bridgeton City Park Monday

Police say they are searching for a light-skinned, possibly Hispanic, man who is approximately 5-foot-6 to 5-foot-8 in height with a thin build. Police say the man has no facial hair and has acne on his face.
Police say the suspect led Dulce from the playground to a red van with a sliding door and tinted windows. Dulce was seated in the back seat by the man, who drove.

Amber Alert Issued For Missing 5-Year-Old Dulce Maria Alavez, Last Seen At Bridgeton City Park Monday

Well that latest announcement definitely isn't good. Great that they seem to have a very good description (even his shoes!) Was there video of this or a very perceptive eyewitness?

Good question.
I strongly support AA guidelines but I sure am sorry it took so long to issue this one.
Please come home safe, Dulce!

I’m wondering if this is info from CCTV. Why so late for the Amber alert though? I guess it could’ve taken some time to check out videos. So much precious time lost though. Wait, so Dulce was seated in back seat next to the male? So we have more than one suspect? MOO

I hope they mean RED, not maroon red, or faded maroon that looks kind of red. Only minivans in my search that came/come in true red are dodge ( and chrysler- made by dodge) caravans, ( town & country- chrysler). Of course, a delivery type van could be painted red. Maroon is a whole other ballgame-

edited to add- Ford makes a red delivery van. econoline

Last edited:
I’m wondering if this is info from CCTV. Why so late for the Amber alert though? I guess it could’ve taken some time to check out videos. So much precious time lost though. Wait, so Dulce was seated in back seat next to the male? So we have more than one suspect? MOO

The wording is indeed weird;
"Dulce was seated in the back seat by the man, who drove"

I think they mean he placed her in the back seat then drove off. (Perhaps they were trying to emphasize that he didn't just drive by, open the door and she ran in but that he physically put her in the backseat????)

That is very specific. I don’t know if I think that’s good or bad.
Same. Wondering if the criminal investigation was bc it was someone known to the mom. I stated earlier in thread, BF/Ex spouse, etc; Would be a reason Dulce went but if he is known wouldn’t they have a name? Ugh I hope she’s ok. MOO

Ugh my heart is POUNDING! I’m hopeful it was caught on a camera somewhere, that would be so much more solid than a stranger watching this take place... why would they remember every single detail?
I wonder if said man’s van was parked in the direction of where the 3yo indicated...
This is terrible terrible news

The wording is indeed weird;
"Dulce was seated in the back seat by the man, who drove"

I think they mean he placed her in the back seat then drove off. (Perhaps they were trying to emphasize that he didn't just drive by, open the door and she ran in but that he physically put her in the backseat????)
It is odd wording, but I think they meant he put her there.

Same. Wondering if the criminal investigation was bc it was someone known to the mom. I stated earlier in thread, BF/Ex spouse, etc; Would be a reason Dulce went but if he is known wouldn’t they have a name? Ugh I hope she’s ok. MOO

in one of the earlier articles posted by a member, they were looking into threats to the family of this happening

My husband is 1st generation and almost 40. He learned english in grade school. He still says floor where I would say ground and honestly I gave up correcting it. I wouldn't suspect this as being facetious. English can just be tricky when not your 1st language. Heck, English can be tricky when it IS your first language lol.
bbm
On a hunch, I looked up "Translate English to Spanish" on google, and put in the English word "ground" and it came back in Spanish, "suelo." I then did the same with the English word, "floor," and it came back with "suelo." Interesting.
Now this is google and that's just one site with that service. There must be first-language Spanish speakers or professors or instructors out there somewhere...

Now reported she has been abducted. Light skinned Hispanic male, 5'6"-5'8" led Dulce to a red mini van.

Action News 6ABC Philly Amber alert announced.

Sorry for repetition. I posted before reading all messages her.

bbm
On a hunch, I looked up "Translate English to Spanish" on google, and put in the English word "ground" and it came back in Spanish, "suelo." I then did the same with the English word, "floor," and it came back with "suelo." Interesting.
Now this is google and that's just one site with that service. There must be first-language Spanish speakers or professors or instructors out there somewhere...

I do not speak Spanish *fluently* but having lived on the US/Mexico border my entire life I can tell you 100% that it's the norm for Spanish speakers to call whatever is under our feet the 'floor' rather than the 'ground'.

Police say they are searching for a light-skinned, possibly Hispanic, man who is approximately 5-foot-6 to 5-foot-8 in height with a thin build. Police say the man has no facial hair and has acne on his face.
Police say the suspect led Dulce from the playground to a red van with a sliding door and tinted windows. Dulce was seated in the back seat by the man, who drove.

FWIW, the above said he drove. So he could not have been seated in the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288