NJ NJ - Galloway Twp, WhtFem 12-18, UP5221, watch w/ wide leather band, Dec'71

It is possible someone's last seen date is inaccurate, especially if it has been several years since they've gone missing.

Today I read through CL's thread and agree we need to hear for sure this UID isn't her.

first thing that comes to my mind is a victim of the late Robert Zarinsky, but I would think that the missing girls would have been at the top of the list for possible matches.

Robert Zarinsky - Wikipedia

yes or Edward Howard Bell just bc of age and hair color of the UID. Though Edward preferred to murder in pairs (disgusting I know) and his killings were mostly in TX. He did travel a bit though.

Irene Lanora LaRosa – The Charley Project

Irene LaRosa had some differing missing dates. One missing date was months prior to this UID being found and one missing date was AFTER the body was discovered. Irene was not reported missing until 2016. Connecticut is not very far from NJ and if the UID is Irene would explain why she was staying in a hotel.

My apologies if she has been listed here already. The vitals are extremely close. I could not see her on the most recently provided exclusions someone kindly provided here in the forum.

Irene Lanora LaRosa
  • irene_lanora_larosa_1.jpg
Irene, circa 1971

• Missing Since03/01/1971
  • Missing FromEllington, Connecticut
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceWhite
  • Date of Birth04/10/1953 (68)
  • Age17 years old
  • Height and Weight5'3, 110 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair.
Details of Disappearance
Irene was last seen in Ellington, Connecticut sometime in March 1971. She walked away from her home and has never been heard from again.

Irene was not reported missing until 2016, decades after her disappearance. She grew up in a Catholic orphanage, the Our Lady of Rose Hill in New Britain, Connecticut. Few details are available in her case.
Investigating Agency
Source Information

Irene was apparently related to the infamous Bob LaRosa. She disappeared not long after telling a friend Bob was molesting her :( Apparently Bob’s wife Susan who he allegedly murdered - what is believed to be her remains were found in a wooded area like our UID. She was killed by blunt force trauma to the head a few years after Irene’s disappearance.

Who Is Bob LaRosa, Whose Connections To An Unsolved Murder Are Investigated In 'Paper Ghosts'? | Oxygen Official Site

IF this UID is Irene it might be the evidence needed to convict Bob! As the other missing victims of his were never found.

I’m a busy mom with “baby brains” rn so I’m
Not going to send in Irene as a potential
Match as I’m not as connected as some of you to Dustin at Namus or other sources and I stink at communicating info rn lol. If anyone could help In this respect I would greatly appreciate. Again given this hasn’t already been figured out and done already. :blush:

Last edited:
Also, she was found right off the Garden State Parkway so could have come from NY, CT, MA, etc but dumped there and the key in her pocket could have been planted there as a clue by a perp. If it was planted, then maybe the perp was serial?

bingo. What I’m thinking now.

Last post but important:

Wondering now that I’m looking closer why the investigating agency for Irene is the Galloway Township Police when she did not go missing from there, but coincidentally this UID was found in Galloway Township area?

investigators claim to not have an ID on the UID or clue who she is, but could they be with holding info? Or are they having issues IDing her like lack of DNA samples to test?

Anyone know why UP5221 has been removed from NamUS website? It was a case I was tracking and I submitted a tip for but now I can no longer see it.

@Caring1 1 could you post the list of NamUs exclusions for this Jane Doe? I would appreciate :)

12 Missing Person Exclusions:

MP32285
Robin
Graham
11/14/1970
Los Angeles
CA

MP21165
Janet
Kramer
01/01/1971
Kandiyohi