NJ NJ - Highlands, 26 Bay Ave, WhtMale 18-50, UP12281, washed ashore Dec'13

Wow, interesting connection, musicaljoke.

Here they are side by side:

View attachment 68441

There is definitely a strong resemblance. The big difference is that the UID is said to be in his 20s and Boudreau was 43. Let me see what else I can dig up.
I agree they look a lot alike. Do you think that it's possible that being in the water that long could possibly over hydrate his skin and make him appear younger? This with the bloating that normally occurs could be it? I really don't know much about what a decaying body would be like. But I think this could very well be the same man.

Police are calling it a composite sketch, so probably he was in the water for a while and decomposition had occurred.

Its the eyes for me. The eye sockets line up perfectly. Bittersweet for this family. Though I would be relieved that I knew where my loved one was resting in peace.

Musicaljoke, why don't you call it in? I definitely see the resemblance in the eyes.

Thanks for the encouragement. I've called it in to both NamUs and the RCMP. I'll keep you posted if I ever hear back from either side of the border.

Thanks for the encouragement. I've called it in to both NamUs and the RCMP. I'll keep you posted if I ever hear back from either side of the border.

GREAT work, musicaljoke!! I think this seems very likely, especially because this man went missing from Canada but the UID was found in the states so they wouldn't necessarily match up through a database right? (I don't think they make international connections...)

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Both sides of the border replied and said that they would look into it. It's a longshot, I suppose ... but those eyes!

Yeah, it is absolutely worth ruling out if nothing else! Great connection! I'm definitely going to keep checking in.

I'm vaguely familiar with the general area that the body washed up (have visited a German restaurant on the water for Oktoberfest) and there is a quite high elevated roadway/bridge right there. I have to wonder if it was a jumper.

Possible. He has a bit the same look as the Chechen immigrants around here. Or plain ol' Italian stallion.

http://www.capebretonpost.com/News/...ays-Landry-shattered-lives-with-his-actions/1

There is a picture of Boudreau's sister at the link. She almost looks more like the UID than Philip. I really hope that this UID brings them closure. But it seems hardly possible that the UID could be Philip.

"She spoke about the difficulty of knowing that her brother’s body had been discarded like “old bait,” and the hope whenever the phone rings that it will be a call saying that his remains had been found so that the family could have some closure."

I'm strumming my fingers on my desk, waiting to hear back from LE. But, since Boudreau apparently doesn't have a Missing Person file, this could take a while. In the meantime, it's probably a good idea to keep looking for other possible matches.

I sent a message to the NJ LE asking if Boudreau had been ruled out, and I received a polite reply that the Nova Scotia LE has been informed but that details are not available for the public.

I expect that means there is an active investigation ongoing and that Boudreau has not been ruled out yet. So we will have to wait longer.

Quite similar appearance, but it seems odd he would have been hanging around Staten Island undetected for 12 years before drowning.

Who says he was hanging around Staten Island for 12 years? There's no indication how long this body was in the water before it washed ashore. It's not even a full skeleton.
Quite similar appearance, but it seems odd he would have been hanging around Staten Island undetected for 12 years before drowning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back