GUILTY NJ - Khalil Wallace, 19, Woodbine, 20 Sept 2011

I lean toward drugs being the motive/motivation behind Khalil's disappearance.

I can empathize with his family when they say he wasn't running from the law at the time he went missing, but these charges seem really, really serious to me. I think it most likely he was made to disappear by someone who either had knowledge of or was concerned that he may turn State's Witness. A less likely scenario would be that he voluntarily disappeared to avoid standing trial- either being handed a lengthy prison sentence, or being pressured to give up someone higher on the food chain in exchange for leniency.

Being charged with Distribution is more serious than Possession. Usually, the difference between a Possession charge and an Intent to Distribute charge comes down to the "weight" (or amoutn) of drug(s) the suspect had on him. The larger the amount, the more likely the person was planning to distribute, as opposed to having it on hand for personal use.

None of the articles I read state Khalil was charged with Intent to Distribute- but rather, they say he was charged with Distribution. To charge Distribution, one must be able to prove the defendant intended to distribute the drugs. Either the person was physically seen selling the product, or they sold it to an under-cover officer.

Finally, setting his bond at $50,000 seems excessive if he was merely in possession of a little marijuana. Considering we're talking about a 19 year old kid, popular, etc... whatever the circumstances are, the charges are extremely serious, and way beyond what you'd expect if he'd simply been caught with a couple of joints on him during a wild night out with friends.

JMO

I agree with you Cmac. 50,000 is a BIG bond. If I had to guess, he was "fronted" (meaning he did not pay in advance) the drugs. When he was arrested, they were confiscated by LE (car too). That meant he still owed the money, and that's why he rode a bike.

And, I would bet about 20 bucks that the van he was last seen in was stolen; hence, they burned it to rid it of evidence and took off.

And, that's why his mom feels like they will come after the family if their names are made public.

It's such a shame. I'm thinking college was the market/driving force in terms of a money lure with drugs. He just had a baby. College is expensive. He made a bad choice. UGH. It's so very sad. :(

I can't imagine someone in good enough physical condition to be a star in two sports doing any kind of hard drug - which leads me to wonder if the drug charge is for pot, perhaps? Not exactly associated with lots of violence, which you'd expect to find with dealing harder stuff like heroin, coke, etc. I suppose if he owed someone a lot of money, his disappearance could be related to that??

I've known talented athletes who do cocaine. It's not that uncommon. There have also been big time college players who have been busted for selling it. There was a big story here in Alabama a few years ago where a linebacker for the Univ of Alabama got arrested for selling coke.

I feel for Khalil's family and hope they get answers. Associating with rough people when there is a lot of money involved (if he was somehow involved in drug dealing) is not a good path to be travelling.

http://www.nj.com/cumberland/index.ssf/2011/09/burnt_van_and_cell_phone_found.html

Published: Wednesday, September 28, 2011, 8:59 PM
Updated: Thursday, September 29, 2011, 11:00 AM
By Stephen Smith/ The News of Cumberland County

WOODBINE — The aunt of missing Woodbine man Khalil Wallace said she was told by the State Police that they found the burnt-out shell of the van they believe he was last seen getting into.

She also said a woman had found Wallace’s cellular phone in the Germantown section of Philadelphia.

I've been looking all over for new updates, but can't find any sadly. The latest FB entry on his missing page alluded to the fact that "the streets have been talking," but I'm not real sure what that means. I guess the family is getting some info. in some form or fashion, but still hold out hope.

I'm from Philly and parts of Germantown are very "rough"...the parts where you would find a burned out van. A lot of crime and drug activity. I worry this won't turn out well......

I'm from Philly and parts of Germantown are very "rough"...the parts where you would find a burned out van. A lot of crime and drug activity. I worry this won't turn out well......

The body of Khalil Wallace, a former Millville High School football star missing since Sept. 20, has been found in a Cumberland County lake, State Police confirmed in a news release.
Police said the body was recovered in a lake near Dragston Road in Downe Township. The body was identified through fingerprints and the death has been ruled a homicide.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/breaking/former-millville-high-football-star-khalil-wallace-confirmed-dead/article_ba1d04ec-f0d2-11e0-b183-001cc4c002e0.html

Rest in Peace, Khalil.

:rose:

So sad to hear this. Now his beautiful little girl will grow up without her Daddy. His many friends have lost someone they all seem to love, and another mother is without her son.

So young, and so promising. I'm so tired of reading about young people dying. Not that it's any better when the victim is older, of course, but theres something so terribly WRONG about young people who are full of life and health being cut down when they hav so much living still to do.

Rest in peace Khalil. I'm sure your mom and family will help keep you alive in love and memory for your little one.

What a sad ending to a promising life. Prayers for peace for his family, especially his mom and little girl.

Very sad but I hope there is justice.

without accusing the two in custody of anything, when I read that a 19 y.o. kid, charged with distribution but was otherwise had no prior involvement with the cops, winds up murdered, my first impression is that someone higher up on the distribution chain feared the kid would talk to save his skin.

not saying that happened here, but that's what comes to mind when I read a scenario like this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back