Identified! NJ - Knowlton, 'Tiger Lady', WhtFem 17-19, UP1593, tiger tatt on calf, Oct'91 - Wendy Louise Baker

Apearn,

Did you turn in Diana Martinez as a possible match? IIRC, LE can start the ball rolling on collecting a DNA sample and photo.

Apearn,

Did you turn in Diana Martinez as a possible match? IIRC, LE can start the ball rolling on collecting a DNA sample and photo.

No. Without at least a pic I'm a bit shy about that.

Go ahead with that if you'd like.

I've got to say, the Grateful Dead link sounds like wild speculation at best. I've known a few Deadheads and they're all about the skull logo, the skeletons, and the dancing bears. Ditto that it looks more Asian-style, anyway. My feeling is that she just really liked tigers.

I think she really liked tigers too. Probably decorated her room with stuffed tigers, posters on the wall, etc.

The Dead fans I know can tell you exactly where they were and what they were doing when they heard that Jerry had died.

i have not read through this thread or princess doe's thread in a while, and i don't recall if anyone has ever called attention to it before, but i've always felt that these two unidentified persons were located in close enough proximity that there is a fairly significant chance they could be related.

granted, there is around 10 years separating the discovery of the bodies, but there is only about 7 miles on a major roadway between the two locations. both victims are believed to be in their teens at the times of their deaths, both are still unknown, and this is really not a very populated area of the state to begin with.

i haven't really filtered through the details of each looking for any other similarities, but i think there is enough on the surface to warrant a closer look. here is princess doe's thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...stown-Princess-Doe-WhtFem-36UFNJ-14-18-Jul-82

does anyone have any thoughts, or has anyone looked into these cases with this in mind?

SBM - or to cover scars. I'd suggest searching for missing women fitting this description but substituting the tattoo info for a scar on the same calf and see if anything pops up. JMO

ETA - whoops, now that I've read the whole thread I see this has been touched on already.

In reading this post and looking at the tattoo it made me think. Could she have had another tattoo under this and the tiger could actually be a cover up tattoo. Usually larger tattoos with lots of black are covering something smaller underneath. I was looking at the tiger and it looks like there is a green blue shape in its body but I cannot really tell.

Also Tattoos were legalized in NYC until 1997, so when she got it done (that is if she got it done in NYC) there would not have been many shops like there are now.

Police release new sketch of 'Tiger Lady,' still unidentified 23 years after her body was found

Attachments

• screenshot-2014-11-14-095506png-3e0b4d0036ea830c[1].png
    screenshot-2014-11-14-095506png-3e0b4d0036ea830c[1].png
    124.6 KB · Views: 41
In reading this post and looking at the tattoo it made me think. Could she have had another tattoo under this and the tiger could actually be a cover up tattoo. Usually larger tattoos with lots of black are covering something smaller underneath. I was looking at the tiger and it looks like there is a green blue shape in its body but I cannot really tell.

Also Tattoos were legalized in NYC until 1997, so when she got it done (that is if she got it done in NYC) there would not have been many shops like there are now.

Police release new sketch of 'Tiger Lady,' still unidentified 23 years after her body was found

We'll never know if it's a cover up because we only have a drawing of her tattoo; they were popular back then

I am roughly the same age as the UID. Tattoos on young women were not viewed the same way back then. As a middle-class teen if I got a tattoo I would have had to hide it from my parents and school community. Only 'bad girls' got tattoos, they were associated with drugs, bikies and running with the wrong crowd. I'm not sure what it indicates about this UID's life or family connections but it certainly seems she was a non-conformist.

Here's the current NAMUS list of exclusions.

One of the most interesting things about this list is that there are several people who are old enough to be Tiger Girl's mother. Rosemary Calandriello was 17 when she went missing in 1969, for instance.

MP303 Mary Badaracco 08/20/1984 Fairfield CT

MP5909 Rosemary Calandriello 08/25/1969 Monmouth NJ

MP19657 Ann Fulton 04/23/1971 Somerset NJ

MP4585 Lorraine Herbster 03/09/1979 Burlington NJ

MP10654 Julie Johnson 03/01/1991 Howard IN

MP19060 Theresa Kawash 07/04/1982 Bergen NJ

MP3914 Bonita Krummel 01/23/1991 Burlington NJ

MP12045 Ann Lubrano 11/14/1989 Kings NY

MP8253 Deborah McCall 11/05/1979 DuPage IL

MP5755 Kathleen Meyers 10/16/1988 New Castle DE

MP10961 Barbara Miller 07/01/1989 Northumberland PA

MP12750 Frances Morales 04/01/1990 Cumberland NJ

MP2911 Dawn Mozino 05/22/1989 Delaware PA

MP13012 Maria Reyes 03/19/1976 Passaic NJ

MP39445 Yeda Rosenthal 02/22/1991 Camden NJ

MP1241 Betty Smith 10/01/1991 Mercer NJ

MP2956 Karen Spencer 12/29/1989 Clermont OH

MP22192 Helen Wagner 02/28/1984 Hudson NJ

MP6787 Darci Warde 04/24/1990 King WA

MP6974 Heide Wilbur 02/09/1991 Rutland VT

MP4592 Karen Zendrosky 10/22/1979 Mercer NJ

Page 1 / 1 1

© 2019 NamUs 2.0 Privacy Act Statement DOJ Privacy Policy

I am roughly the same age as the UID. Tattoos on young women were not viewed the same way back then. As a middle-class teen if I got a tattoo I would have had to hide it from my parents and school community. Only 'bad girls' got tattoos, they were associated with drugs, bikies and running with the wrong crowd. I'm not sure what it indicates about this UID's life or family connections but it certainly seems she was a non-conformist.

also, 4 piercings in the left ear, not real common then either. almost certainly, she would have stood out and been known if she was a local.

also, 4 piercings in the left ear, not real common then either. almost certainly, she would have stood out and been known if she was a local.

Not so in Jersey. I have 5 holes in my left ear that were done before 91. I know that because a guy I was seeing punched me in the left side of my head bending all the post earrings I had in March 91.

I also have 6 tattoos from back then as did other women that rode motorcycles, or rode on the back.

Not so in Jersey. I have 5 holes in my left ear that were done before 91. I know that because a guy I was seeing punched me in the left side of my head bending all the post earrings I had in March 91.

I also have 6 tattoos from back then as did other women that rode motorcycles, or rode on the back.

certainly not all of new jersey, but i really do think you would have stuck out to the locals in rural blairstown in '91, at least a bit. sorry to hear how you remember that fact and time, i hope that "guy" got what he deserved.

that said, i do remember a house/farm on route 94, between blairstown and fredon, that actually had an excotic big cat as a pet. i don't remember if it was a tiger or a lion, but it was one of those species. and i don't remember the timeframe any better than mid/late 70s to early 80s.

I remember that happening. They blamed it on the tiger lady, but most locals think that tiger came from 6 flags.

Oddly, I found at least six other tiger sanctuaries in New Jersey. And that led me to poke around some more until I uncovered this information: America Has a Tiger Problem And No One’s Sure How to Solve It | Science | Smithsonian Apparently there are between 5,000 and 10,000 tigers in captivity in the US, ranging from circuses and zoos to cages at roadside truck stops to backyard cages. Other big cats have similar problems. So @da fino is probably right about remembering a lion or tiger kept on Rte 94.

Oddly, I found at least six other tiger sanctuaries in New Jersey. And that led me to poke around some more until I uncovered this information: America Has a Tiger Problem And No One’s Sure How to Solve It | Science | Smithsonian Apparently there are between 5,000 and 10,000 tigers in captivity in the US, ranging from circuses and zoos to cages at roadside truck stops to backyard cages. Other big cats have similar problems. So @da fino is probably right about remembering a lion or tiger kept on Rte 94.

not to sound snarky, but i know i'm right. i'm 100% sure it was a tiger or lion, i just don't remember which. i grew up in a nearby town and traveled the route semi-regularly. i was a kid, and this was a highlight for me. i can even point to the building on google maps, i looked it up after posting to see if the building was still there. it is.

not to sound snarky, but i know i'm right. i'm 100% sure it was a tiger or lion, i just don't remember which. i grew up in a nearby town and traveled the route semi-regularly. i was a kid, and this was a highlight for me. i can even point to the building on google maps, i looked it up after posting to see if the building was still there. it is.

Oops, my bad and my apologies. I misread it as you not being sure the animal was there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abcdowpp1
Back