UNSOLVED NJ - Male body found on bank of Marmora marina, 24 Mar 2018

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
UPPER TOWNSHIP — State Police said Thursday a man's body found Saturday at the All Seasons Marina has not yet been identified, due to the body's level of decomposition.

An autopsy has been completed, Lt. Ted Schafer said.

The body was recovered Saturday afternoon on the shore of the marina in the 500 block of Roosevelt Boulevard in the Marmora section of the township.

Sgt. Lawrence Peele said police were notified about 3:15 p.m. by a person who saw the body on the shore.
Police said later Sunday the body was a male, but the age was not available.
http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/...cle_9f80ce8f-2a33-51c2-bca4-61f5f6847ef0.html

not very likely that this person is one of the two lost at sea 40 miles off the coast in my opinion. prevailing winds are north westerly this time of year or in general, though tidal flow and current are also factors in where those two end up. besides that, it seem unlikely that a body drifted in on the tide and ended up behind the barrier islands or in the back bays and creeks.

much more likely that this person entered the water in the back bays, creeks or rivers and drifted out towards the location where they were found by the marina. there may not be a ton of access points up tide or current from the location, but there are certainly bridges, boat ramps other locations where this person could have entered the water. or from a boat.

i also wasn't able to find much about missing person daniell melleby online

not very likely that this person is one of the two lost at sea 40 miles off the coast in my opinion. prevailing winds are north westerly this time of year or in general, though tidal flow and current are also factors in where those two end up. besides that, it seem unlikely that a body drifted in on the tide and ended up behind the barrier islands or in the back bays and creeks.

much more likely that this person entered the water in the back bays, creeks or rivers and drifted out towards the location where they were found by the marina. there may not be a ton of access points up tide or current from the location, but there are certainly bridges, boat ramps other locations where this person could have entered the water. or from a boat.
Did the very bad late Feb/early March storm strike that area? Strong onshore winds pushed debris pretty far inland around MA and NH, though we don't have many barrier islands.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Did the very bad late Feb/early March storm strike that area? Strong onshore winds pushed debris pretty far inland around MA and NH, though we don't have many barrier islands.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

the march 2nd storm, which was the one with heavier winds i think, struck on the full moon, which would indeed produce very high tides and flooding.

the link no longer works. I never heard about this foot.. did they ever match a body to this foot?

yes, thanks to CCJD for answering this with the link.

i'm thinking if the body found in march 2018 was intact enough to ID as a male, it went into the water within no more than a few weeks to a month. i could be wrong on the known decay rates, but water would speed decomp for sure. thats not to say the 2017 missing person had to enter the water at that time, but if they did, i don't think this would be a likely match.

has anyone heard anymore about the located person in the orignal post?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back