NJ NJ - Margaret Fox, 14, Burlington, 24 June 1974

Maggie’s parents hopefully saw their daughter again after they left this world and arrived in the undiscovered country from whose boorn no traveler returns.

Wasn’t John Marshall the name of the Supreme Court Chief Justice who was famously ignored by president Jackson during the Trail of Tears?

i think Maggie’s kidnapper had a encyclopaedia…

JUL 2, 2021
Inside The FBI: Missing Children's Cases
(Margaret's case is discussed beginning at about the 5:08 mark)

From the transcript, available at Inside the FBI: Missing Children's Cases — FBI:

[...]

Not long after her disappearance, ransom notes arrived at the Fox family’s house, and an anonymous caller claiming to have Margaret in his custody demanded $10,000 in exchange for her safe return home.

We’re gonna play that audio for you.

Man’s voice on recording: $10,000 might be a lot of bread, but your daughter’s life is the buttered topping.

Grover: According to Special Agent Bradley Zartman—who is working on Margaret’s case 47 years later—investigators traced the foreboding phone call to a local A&P supermarket. However, the caller’s identity remains unknown to this day.

[...]

Bradley Zartman: So while it’s been 47 years, we're not gonna stop looking for her, we’re not gonna stop trying to understand what may have happened. And while it may get harder and harder each year, I'm hoping with new inventions in forensic science and those sort of things, maybe we can reanalyze, keep poring through the case, and figure out some new avenues in order to pursue what may have happened.

[...]

Zartman:
Literally every day, if not year, the people that were alive and in the area at that time are no longer here. We lose people, and, you know, along with them, we could lose witnesses, we could lose facts, we could lose that evidence. So, just as the chief said, every little bit of information that someone has, no matter how minute or far-fetched it might seem, we’ll look into it.

[...]

Exclusions include the only one Doe Unidentified that someone named in this thread. Anyone have any ideas for Does that might be a match? I'm not finding many on NAMUS, of course, but many sites aren't linked. Here's NJ's Doe list: Unidentified Persons - Deceased by County | New Jersey State Police

I'm less concerned about who may have killed her than finding her remains, because it could lead to the killer.

The voice on the released clip sounds relatively young, and the accent does not (to me, at least) seem like a NY, NJ type. (The way he says "daughter" ) Super creepy and sad....

edited: Random, but the tone of it/accent sounds like someone I know from Pennsylvania. It is 100% not them, as they would have been a toddler then.

Could be a Philly/Italian accent? South Jersey is basically a Philly suburb. I wonder if some of the accent is forced/exaggerated to conceal his true accent? I don’t know.

Incompetence, mistakes and oversight by others sent Maggie into the night. Everything that could go wrong in protecting a vulnerable young girl, did.

Hi there,
Were you able to find the ad at the library?
Sorry, not yet. My husband passed away suddenly in late January and I’ve been dealing with that. The library was closed for awhile due to COVID but is now open— but with restrictions to the microfiche. You have to make an appt for research only. The librarian said restrictions may be easing soon so I’ll check in next few weeks.

Are you insinuating jack houseman may have had something to do with Margaret's disappearance? While the stories are hauntingly similar, Jack Houseman was in jail at the time of Margaret's disappearance and wasn't released until July 25, 1974.

God Bless You dear Maggie
So let’s remember that other people also received these babysitting offers so here’s the classified ads section with all phone numbers in tact so couldn’t we do some digging and see whose numbers those were requesting babysitting services?

Attachments

• 5614CEBF-C596-4360-910C-9BDB77AB36FD.png
    5614CEBF-C596-4360-910C-9BDB77AB36FD.png
    427.5 KB · Views: 27
  • C4B3CFC6-A073-4F18-B9ED-A2089957212E.png
    C4B3CFC6-A073-4F18-B9ED-A2089957212E.png
    427.5 KB · Views: 20
The successful acquisition of Maggie will have undoubtedly encouraged John Marshall to continue. But he doesn’t seem to have become so overconfident that he started making mistakes that would have got him caught.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back