NJ - Multiple Deaths in Mansion Fire, Monmouth County, Colts Neck, 20 Nov 2018 *Arrest*

I’m not surprised about the 2020 trial estimate. So many trials I’ve followed have taken two years or more to get going. I’m glad the prosecutor made that clear. But calling professional women “girls”? :eek: Sigh. I’m sure he meant it as a sign of affection for the “guys and girls” but it bugs me just the same. I won’t hold it against him though. He’s done a good job. :)

I think he meant it as a sign of affection too, he goes on to explain it further and talks about procedures, why the trial may not begin until 2020. Also PC and detention

(Snipped)

IMO, PC set fire to the dining room (usually the furthest from the garage and the living/sleeping areas) and the corner of the garage, so that "someone" saw. if you were mob, would you approach a home that was already surrounded by fire/police/ambulance?

and at precisely 5:00am? still dark, and knowing you can get your wife/kids out...

(Snipped)

(trying to ignite healthy debate, not snark) ;)

RSBM

I realize that this was shared as your own opinion of where the fires were located that PC allegedly sat at his own residence. I ran across this information and thought this article may be of help.

Caniero allegedly started two fires at his home at 27 Tilton Drive in Ocean twp. at 5:01 a.m. Tuesday. One fire was started in the rear of the home and second a smaller fire was started at the attached garage door.
Brother's Lawyer In Colts Neck Murders: 'He's Devastated'

Colts Neck killings spur calls for death penalty in N.J.

Following the grisly deaths of a family in Colts Next last month, lawmakers in a mostly rural swath of northwest New Jersey are calling for the reinstatement of the death penalty in the state.

“The gruesome murder of the Caneiro family is proof that we must reinstate the death penalty," state Sen. Steven Oroho and Assemblymen Parker Space and Harold Wirths, all Republicans from District 24, said in a statement.

Snip

Calling this the “most brutal” case in his career, Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni said last week that he would approve this as a capital punishment case, if it was an option in New Jersey.

Colts Neck killings spur calls for death penalty in N.J.

Following the grisly deaths of a family in Colts Next last month, lawmakers in a mostly rural swath of northwest New Jersey are calling for the reinstatement of the death penalty in the state.

“The gruesome murder of the Caneiro family is proof that we must reinstate the death penalty," state Sen. Steven Oroho and Assemblymen Parker Space and Harold Wirths, all Republicans from District 24, said in a statement.

Snip

Calling this the “most brutal” case in his career, Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni said last week that he would approve this as a capital punishment case, if it was an option in New Jersey.

I can understand why the prosecutor wishes the death penalty was still on the table as an option.

Unfortunately many close family members have completely wiped out other close multiple family members in every state at some point in time.

ID devotes many shows that involve cases just like this one so it shows how often it does tragically happen.

In the states who does have the death penalty these kind of defendants like Paul quite often are given the ultimate punishment by their juries. It is the ultimate betrayal.

I think the reason the DA wishes he has the death penalty as an option for the jury is the evidence he has seen and what's been collected at the murder scene is horrendous especially the way the children and their mother were slaughtered. I think all three were horrible overkills.

Imo it shows rage and petty resentment against Keith and all of his family.

Jmo

Colts Neck murders: Paul Caneiro was 'never the same' after 2012 car crash, friend says

question...in this and many other articles why are none of their family/friends/neighbors specifically asked not to be named?

rare in these cases. most want their "moment of fame"...this is a rhetorical question obviously...

In the linked article, a close friend is named and a neighbor isn’t. It sounds like PC has been through a horrible experience and is finally recovering after six years.

Quoting the article:

Paul Caneiro, 51, suffered injuries to his head, body, limbs and nervous system in the November 2012 crash at the intersection of Springwood Avenue and Memorial Drive, according to a lawsuit his attorney filed related to the crash.

Caneiro was heading east on Springwood Avenue less than a quarter mile from the businesses he helped run in the center of Asbury Park when his vehicle collided with another vehicle traveling north on Memorial Drive, according to a civil complaint filed in state Superior Court in Monmouth County.

Family friend Demetris Potamianos said Caneiro required "surgery after surgery after surgery" on his neck, back and shoulders in the years following the accident. He said the recovery took a physical and emotional toll on Caneiro and he was "never the same."

“He was somebody who was taking care of his family, he’s full of life, he’s full of activity, travel and then all of the sudden, he’s immobilized," Potamianos said. "You have to go through surgery and you have to take medication, you’re not allowed to travel, you’re in pain — I mean emotionally definitely at some point it gets to you,” he said.

A neighbor of Caneiro's who spoke to the Asbury Park Press and asked not to be named also said Caneiro "wasn't the same" after the accident, which left him with a limp and back problems.

But recently Caneiro was on the road to recovery, Potamianos said, and was even cleared by doctors to take a trip to Europe after the upcoming holiday season.

Colts Neck murders: Paul Caneiro was 'never the same' after 2012 car crash, friend says

question...in this and many other articles why are none of their family/friends/neighbors specifically asked not to be named?

rare in these cases. most want their "moment of fame"...this is a rhetorical question obviously...

Because they don’t want to be associated with this disgusting crime. You’re apparently local so you obviously know that people here love to gossip and talk *advertiser censored*, but they don’t want to be known as the ones who spread the word. “You didn’t hear it from me but...”

In the linked article, a close friend is named and a neighbor isn’t. It sounds like PC has been through a horrible experience and is finally recovering after six years.

Quoting the article:

Paul Caneiro, 51, suffered injuries to his head, body, limbs and nervous system in the November 2012 crash at the intersection of Springwood Avenue and Memorial Drive, according to a lawsuit his attorney filed related to the crash.

Caneiro was heading east on Springwood Avenue less than a quarter mile from the businesses he helped run in the center of Asbury Park when his vehicle collided with another vehicle traveling north on Memorial Drive, according to a civil complaint filed in state Superior Court in Monmouth County.

Family friend Demetris Potamianos said Caneiro required "surgery after surgery after surgery" on his neck, back and shoulders in the years following the accident. He said the recovery took a physical and emotional toll on Caneiro and he was "never the same."

“He was somebody who was taking care of his family, he’s full of life, he’s full of activity, travel and then all of the sudden, he’s immobilized," Potamianos said. "You have to go through surgery and you have to take medication, you’re not allowed to travel, you’re in pain — I mean emotionally definitely at some point it gets to you,” he said.

A neighbor of Caneiro's who spoke to the Asbury Park Press and asked not to be named also said Caneiro "wasn't the same" after the accident, which left him with a limp and back problems.

But recently Caneiro was on the road to recovery, Potamianos said, and was even cleared by doctors to take a trip to Europe after the upcoming holiday season.
It doesn't take any physical strength to fire a gun. But does a person with this level of described physical impairment following an accident seem like someone who would be capable of the stabbing violence of 3 persons? I know they may have been asleep, and the mom was also shot, but stabbing seems so physically aggressive.

The accident left him with a permanent limp and back problems, he's in his 50s, out of shape and a bit overweight.

I cannot wrap my head around how he overcame them all, how did he chase his brother to the yard, why didn't the wife wake up, why couldn't the wiggly 11 year old boy scamper away?

It doesn't take any physical strength to fire a gun. But does a person with this level of described physical impairment following an accident seem like someone who would be capable of the stabbing violence of 3 persons? I know they may have been asleep, and the mom was also shot, but stabbing seems so physically aggressive.

The accident left him with a permanent limp and back problems, he's in his 50s, out of shape and a bit overweight.

I cannot wrap my head around how he overcame them all, how did he chase his brother to the yard, why didn't the wife wake up, why couldn't the wiggly 11 year old boy scamper away?

It’s true that PC suffers from physical impairment, but after numerous surgeries he’s been cleared by his doctor to travel to Europe, so he has enough strength for that. I don’t think his injuries would have prevented him from committing this crime. We don’t know that PC “chased” his brother to the yard. KC may have come outside and been ambushed. He could have used a silencer to avoid waking anyone. One well-placed stab, and no “wiggly” boy is going to be able to “scamper away.”
JMO

"You have to go through surgery and you have to take medication, you’re not allowed to travel, you’re in pain — I mean emotionally definitely at some point it gets to you,” he said.

Talk about rationalization! How are those incredibly common experiences in any way related to his killing his brother and his family? He should have been grateful he was alive and getting better. The friend sounds just as entitled and resentful as his friend.

Former Colleague Says Paul Canerio Threatened Him At Previous Job

The network cut out.

"I decided to say something to him. I made this joke out of it: I walked into the office where he was examining some blueprints and I asked him when the 'notwork' would be back on," he said.

Paul became enraged.

"He picked up a screwdriver off a table and said something like, 'You know, you could have a fatal accident back here,' while slowly moving the screwdriver up and down," he recalled. "It wasn't a stabbing motion. It was just clear he wanted me to see the screwdriver."

Bostrom said he was "pretty scared" at the time; they were alone together in the office, which was under construction at the time, and it was dark.

Bostrom said he immediately just left the office. Patch contacted his boss at the time, and he confirmed the entire account. That man, 55, who also lives in the Chicago area, asked not to have his name printed, or his company's name, because they are still in operation and IT contracts for major banks are an essential part of their business.

But he corroborated Bostrom's story.

Last edited:
Colts Neck murders: Paul Caneiro was set to control much of the family's fortune

Control of much of the murdered Caneiro family's fortune would have gone to Paul Caneiro, the man accused of killing his brother, sister-in-law and their young children, under the terms of the family’s will, the Asbury Park Press has learned.

The 2006 will named Paul Caneiro, 51, as the executor of the Caneiro estate if his brother, Keith, and his wife Jennifer, both died. Moreover, if there were no wife or children to inherit Keith Caneiro’s fortune, Paul Caneiro would have sole control over a number of significant trust funds.

The will, filed in probate court Thursday, had been contested by Jennifer Caneiro’s mother. As a result, Paul Caneiro, who is in the Monmouth County Jail charged with four counts of murder, two counts of aggravated arson and other offenses, has been removed as executor of the estate, according to a probate court notice. Cesar Caneiro, Paul and Keith's father, has been named executor.

More...

Colts Neck murders: Paul Caneiro was set to control much of the family's fortune

Control of much of the murdered Caneiro family's fortune would have gone to Paul Caneiro, the man accused of killing his brother, sister-in-law and their young children, under the terms of the family’s will, the Asbury Park Press has learned.

The 2006 will named Paul Caneiro, 51, as the executor of the Caneiro estate if his brother, Keith, and his wife Jennifer, both died. Moreover, if there were no wife or children to inherit Keith Caneiro’s fortune, Paul Caneiro would have sole control over a number of significant trust funds.

The will, filed in probate court Thursday, had been contested by Jennifer Caneiro’s mother. As a result, Paul Caneiro, who is in the Monmouth County Jail charged with four counts of murder, two counts of aggravated arson and other offenses, has been removed as executor of the estate, according to a probate court notice. Cesar Caneiro, Paul and Keith's father, has been named executor.

More...

Okay...this is the motive I suggested a few days ago and it almost always is...money/power.

It’s true that PC suffers from physical impairment, but after numerous surgeries he’s been cleared by his doctor to travel to Europe, so he has enough strength for that. I don’t think his injuries would have prevented him from committing this crime. We don’t know that PC “chased” his brother to the yard. KC may have come outside and been ambushed. He could have used a silencer to avoid waking anyone. One well-placed stab, and no “wiggly” boy is going to be able to “scamper away.”
JMO

I posted earlier a witness said KC was wearing a hood with a gunshot wound in the back. IMO sounds most likely KC was lured out (pulled up hood to keep out pre-dawn chill) & ambushed (shot from behind).

<modsnip - remove quoted post and response to it >

Quoting....

But Natelson said there were no signs Ecostar was struggling.

“I wasn’t aware of any pressures or amounts of money that were sitting in an account,” he said, stressing that he was not privy to the inner financial workings of the company.

“It was no gold mine. We were growing our revenue and investing in additional expenses . . . It was a growing business that like any growing business has cash flow pressures, but nothing serious … no business-threatening pressures.”

Neither brother was intimately involved in operating the nine-employee company, which has been up and running since Paul’s arrest the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, Natelson said.

The youngest Caneiro brother, Corey, 44, who was close to both older brothers, has been “carrying out administrative details” for the business, Natelson said.

“Our instructions are to operate as usual,” he added.

Keith oversaw the tech company, Square One, the brothers co-owned — and which shares the same second floor space as Ecostar— and he rarely came into the office, Natelson noted.

“Three and a half years ago, it seemed they were both more involved in both businesses, and over time, Paul became more the brother handling the pest control and Keith became the brother more involved in the technology business,” Natelson said. “I don’t think I’ve seen Keith probably in a year.”
https://nypost.com/2018/12/01/accused-mansion-killer-was-usual-self-a-day-later-employee/

He is mentioned briefly in this article as the business manager of EcoStar.
A Family Murdered, a Brother in Jail and a Deepening Mystery in New Jersey

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you lilibet!!! that's not actually the article i'm referring to but very grateful for your research...:)

“I wasn’t aware of any pressures or amounts of money that were sitting in an account,” he said, stressing that he was not privy to the inner financial workings of the company.

“It was no gold mine. We were growing our revenue and investing in additional expenses . . . It was a growing business that like any growing business has cash flow pressures, but nothing serious … no business-threatening pressures.”

quoted from lilibet's post. how can a business manager not know "inner financial workings" yet say they were growing and investing? really? and how can PC's lawyer say publicly, on MSM, that he has no idea the business his client is in??? c'mom!!! am i beating my head against a brick wall?

don't answer that. nevermind.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa