GUILTY NJ - Patricia Belizaire, 24, murdered, North Brunswick, 21 Feb 2010

Are there lots of stores in that area that sell Rocawear children's clothing? In the town I live in and the surrounding towns there aren't many but thats probably different up north.

I agree with the poster that felt that a man must of left her, a mother would want her found by a woman as oposed to a male. I truely hope that the answer will lead this beautiful little girl in the arms of family that love and miss her real soon.

I was thinking about this as I went to bed last night.
If she was found in the mens room I think that indicates a man left her at this location.

A woman I think for low visibility and just natural instinct would leave her in the women's room where she would be found by a woman most likely.

A man would need to ask for the mens room key (leaving her in the car for this portion, or going in as someone was coming out).

I have a very bad feeling for the mother who obviously hasn't been reported missing yet. The only thing I can figure out is that maybe this was a carjacking gone wrong, or an attack on the mother followed by a stolen car, and he didn't realize there was a toddler in the car?

They must have something on surveillance cameras.
There has to be something.......

Camera reportedly were not working. (How many times does this happen?) This gas station was a small one with outside bathrooms. Often those are not locked as they should be, so entry might not be that difficult.

Did anyone see the pictures of the bathroom? Very small. Only a toilet and a sink.

Police field calls, but tot remains a mystery
Police say girl can't identify herself

A day after a child was found locked inside a Newark gas station restroom alone and crying, police had received dozens of calls from throughout the region from people offering tips on her identity.

Newark investigators have also contacted police departments as far as Florida, yet officials do not know who she is or her family's whereabouts.

The child, who appears to be 2 years old, has spoken, but has not said enough to identify herself.

"She hasn't been able to give us that information yet," said Joseph Smack, spokesman for the Division of Family Services.

The girl slept through the night at her foster home, where there are two children near her age.

"She seems to be adjusting," Smack said. "But of course we are still actively looking for any family members, anybody who can recognize her and provide us with more information."

The service station's proximity to I-95 is fueling speculation that the child may not be from Delaware.

"I don't think they're thinking she's definitely local," Newark police spokesman Cpl. Paul Keld said, adding that they have received calls from New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Maryland. "There's a lot of attention being put out there and people are responding."

Since the DiGirolamo case, Delaware has passed legislation making child abandonment a felony punishable by up to five years in prison for abandoning children younger than 14 and up to three years in prison for older children.

Delaware has a "safe haven law," which allows someone to legally relinquish a newborn at an emergency room, but it does not apply in this case because the girl is more than 14 days old and was not handed directly to an employee.

Anyone with information about the child should call Newark police at 366-7111.

More at:
http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20100223/NEWS01/2230341

Camera reportedly were not working. (How many times does this happen?) This gas station was a small one with outside bathrooms. Often those are not locked as they should be, so entry might not be that difficult.

Did anyone see the pictures of the bathroom? Very small. Only a toilet and a sink.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...code_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAgQ8gEwAA

According to the google view there are several other business in the area. Someone's cameras have to be working. There is a small grocery store, a restaurant, and a McDonalds.

I was saying to my DH last night that this little sweetie could be from anywhere. Mom on a road trip to see a friend, on her way home, several days drive, stops at gas station, somebody shoves the little girl into the restroom, takes off with mom. Nobody knows they're missing yet because people who know them think they're still on the road home.

Just a scenario I was thinking of for why nobody knows this little girl is missing.

If there's a similar scenario in play here, hopefully soon someone will realize something is wrong and start calling LE and they can make the connection.

How well connected are all the missing child and missing person databases across states? I realized I really don't know if there's one central database yet for the whole U.S. that LE can check. And I'm afraid there's not :-(

The pictures of this poor little girl are just heartbreaking. How could no one recognize her? I have only seen her case on the local news, I really hope something is on the National news soon. Some fear her family may have been killed or they are in danger. She does not appear to be abused or mistreated.

More at link:

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=7292651

I'm thinking a grandmother or relative will identify the little girl, that something happened to her mother, but even if her mother deliberately left her, IMO a woman just wouldn't abandon a female child in a men's restroom - too much of a chance of a molester. In fact, I don't think a woman would leave a child at a gas station restroom at all - just not a female choice.

She looks so very sad and scared. I hope there are some answers and a happy resolution soon!

It's sad that she was left, but I'm noticing that for one: She's wearing a semi-expensive winter jacket and looks well kept. Also, at least (thank the good Lord) that she was left and not killed and stuffed in a container or whatever other horrendous things that could have happened. Another thing, and this is what bothers me....the parents or whoever is responsible for her will probably get their butts reamed for abandoning her (not saying they shouldn't be punished to some extent) but it probably won't be taken in to consideration that the little girl has obviously been taken care of up to this point and that her life was spared. Nobody knows the whole story behind this yet, including myself, but I'm trying to look at this from a positive aspect.

This is a gas station - are there no video cameras?

I agree with you. The gas attendant cannot remember anything about the person he gave the key to? Was there only one working bathroom that both male and female patrons used or where there separate bathrooms? Surely he should remember if it were a female that he gave a male bathroom key to if there were separate bathrooms!

Poor sweet baby, she must have been so scared!

im sorry, but if the gas attendent says he didnt give the key to anyone with a child (assuming he's not lying) then something far more sinister then child abandonment is going on here.

I just got to thinking: I wonder if this is an instance of human trafficing. If she was left in that mens room by a man, to be picked up by another man (who just didn't show?).

I know TJ Maxx and Marshalls by me sells this brand, and I am guessing most Macy's stores have it too. It is a designer brand developed by Jay-Z.

Most gas station bathrooms are not heated, I wonder how long she was in there. Even though she had a coat on, whomever put her in there must have expected she would have been found fairly quickly. (I hope)

Are there lots of stores in that area that sell Rocawear children's clothing? In the town I live in and the surrounding towns there aren't many but thats probably different up north.

This Shell station is right off I-95, which IS a toll road. I really think they should be looking at the toll cameras for that entrance to I-95. If they have a time frame that the child was put into the bathroom, they may be able to narrow it down, particularly if there is an empty car seat in the vehicle. I am guessing, however, that they only have one camera and it is set on the driver, not license plates?
Edit: I do not see toll boothes at the entrance, however. Anyone local live that that can tell us how they pay the polls at that entrace?

Somewhat O/T: The Shell station better get that camera fixed; they are basically putting up a flashing sign to criminals to come rob them, as they have no working camera. :rolleyes:

I was hoping by now this baby had been ID'd
It's possible that she wasn't with her mother, maybe some other type of caregiver, babysitter, older relative, father etc.

Somewhat OT but I think it's criminal for gas stations to not have good working security cameras! These places are dangerous!

VB

Keep checking in here to see if this beautiful baby girl has been identified yet.

I'm sure the caretakers and detectives are doing as much as they can to find out her identity, and making sure she is being taken care of and comforted.

I wish this little baby would be able to say her first name, that would be a start. My heart breaks seeing how sad and frightened she was in the photos.

Said prayers for her before bed last night. :praying:

It amazes me that no one has recognized this little girl yet and come forward. Granted, not everyone watches the news, but not a single person has missed her yet???

Do posters think this gas station was a random pick? Since this is a city station and would be rather busy, it would appear the person(s) who left the little girl knew she would be quickly found.

What if she's not identified within 6 months, then is adopted within a year, then relatives come forward. An adoption could be filled with problems.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back