NJ NJ - Patricia Jane Wagner, 26, Jersey City, 20 October 1972

Jersey Girl Vanishes Without A Trace - The Patricia Jane Wagner Story - Synova Ink

Some more background info. Not sure how accurate this is.

She goes out for coffee with a long-time friend and never returns, and strangely, he doesn’t either. Investigators believe he met with foul play as well. What happened to Patricia Wagner and her unnamed friend?

Patricia Jane Wagner, 26 was last seen going out for coffee with a g named Dennis. Neither would return. Investigators believe they met with foul play, but very little information is available on this case. I have spoken with family members, browsed through hundreds of Jane Doe files, and scoured newspaper archives and I still came up with nothing. It’s as if this woman disappeared from the human record. If it weren’t for her family, this poor woman would have been long forgotten.

October 20, 1972, was the last time Patricia was seen leaving her home on Rutgers Avenue in Jersey City. The address of her destination is unknown. There are so many unanswered questions in this case, but we believe someone knows what happened to this beautiful young woman. Although I am not at liberty to release his last name, Dennis was never seen again either.

Patricia is 5′ 3″ tall, weighs approximately 120lbs, has brown hair, and has blue eyes. No one is sure about the clothes she was wearing at the time.

According to the NJSP website, New Jersey has 237 unidentified persons listed on their database, and after reading every one of them, I found two possibilities. The first one is less likely, but I will start with it.

On May 16, 1986, a skull was found only eight miles from Jersey City in North Bergen. The estimated death was 1985 or earlier, and the estimated birthdate is from 1937-1956. The NIC# is U212789648 and Case # J5241. Unfortunately, that’s all the information on that one. The date of death makes me unsure, but the location and the estimated birth year are close enough to warrant further investigation. Patricia’s birthdate was July 17, 1946, so it definitely falls within the same timeframe.

The second Jane Doe I found was a little more promising. She was found on May 17, 1974, in the river near the north tip of the Burlington Island. The island is a 300-acre spot of land in the Delaware River between Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The estimated height, death, and age all line up close to that of Patrica Wagner. In fact, they line up so well I sent an email to the investigator to check out Patty’s case. Patricia’s cousin is waiting on the DNA to come back, and then we’ll know for sure. Sadly, there’s no word on Dennis, and he doesn’t seem to have a NAMUS page. If he does, I couldn’t find it. His family has their own investigators on the case and asked that I not disclose his details. The police do not believe he was involved in the disappearance of Patricia.

What happened to this woman? Her sons were raised without their mother, and her parents went to their graves, not knowing what happened to Patty. One armchair sleuth commented on Facebook and mentioned the convicted killer, Robert Zarinski. He was a known killer in the area and could have up to ten murders to his name. He was sentenced to life in prison in 1975 for the murder of Rosemary Calandriello and was suspected in several other homicides. Could Patty have met this predator along the way? If so, where is Dennis? Did something else happen to them?

If you have any information on this case, please contact the New Jersey State Police at 609-882-2000.

UPDATE!

Patricia Jane Wagner – The Charley Project

Patricia Jane Wagner
wagner_patricia.jpg
wagner_patricia2.jpg

Wagner, circa 1972

Missing Since: 10/20/1972
Missing From: Jersey City, New Jersey
Classification: Endangered Missing
Sex: Female
Race: White
Date of Birth: 07/19/1946 (73)
Height: 5’3”
Weight: 120 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Wagner's ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance

Wagner was last seen in Jersey City, New Jersey on October 20, 1972. She went out that day on a coffee date with a man who has only been publicly identified by his first name, Dennis. She never returned home after her date and has never been heard from again. She didn't take many personal belongings with her, and left behind her two small children.

Dennis also disappeared after his date with Wagner, and never picked up his last paycheck. This led people to speculate he and Wagner had run away together. Her family, however, believed foul play was involved; they said she wouldn't have abandoned her children, and Dennis had a reputation for violence.

Dennis's whereabouts were unknown for decades after Wagner's disappearance. In 2020, he was located live and well in Florida, but he refused to discuss Wagner's disappearance with her family.

Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency

New Jersey State Police 609-882-2000

UPDATE!

Patricia Jane Wagner
wagner_patricia.jpg
wagner_patricia2.jpg

Wagner, circa 1972

Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Wagner's ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance

Wagner was last seen in Jersey City, New Jersey on October 20, 1972. She went out that day on a coffee date with a man who has only been publicly identified by his first name, Dennis. She never returned home after her date and has never been heard from again. She didn't take many personal belongings with her, and left behind her two small children.

Dennis also disappeared after his date with Wagner, and never picked up his last paycheck. This led people to speculate he and Wagner had run away together. Her family, however, believed foul play was involved; they said she wouldn't have abandoned her children, and Dennis had a reputation for violence.

Dennis's whereabouts were unknown for decades after Wagner's disappearance. In 2020, he was located live and well in Florida, but he refused to discuss Wagner's disappearance with her family.

Investigating Agency

What about discussing it with LE? How does this work? Shouldn't LE pay him a visit?:confused:o_O

What about discussing it with LE? How does this work? Shouldn't LE pay him a visit?:confused:o_O
My thoughts exactly! Seems like LE would be knocking down his door! His whereabouts are unknown for almost 50 years, along with the whereabouts of a 26 year old woman...he’s eventually found live and well...then refuses to talk to the woman’s family about her?!

I’d say he knows something. Maybe foul play was involved or maybe the two ran away together and lived happily until she passed away sometime between then and now (I doubt that). Either way, he’s not making himself look innocent by any means and I hope her family is pushing LE to get involved!

There is only one possible Patricia (Patty) found, who possible would fit our Patricia, after all my research for possible missing women called Patricia and beyond. Searched for a possible match for this UID for so long....and then news about Patricia Wagner missing. Stats would match...The story match? I'm not sure off, still nothing on what happened to Patricia Wagner when she disappeared. "Patty" Jane Doe had two tattoos Patty and Huera...Poblems....how? That I can't rime with Patricia Wagner. Als "Patty" Jane Doe Od-ed....I brought this Jane Doe under the attention of the advocates of Patricia Wagner...I don't have to know if they did something with it...just was the thing I had to do when I heard about Patricia Wagner missing still hoping "my" Jane "Patty" Doe would be a match, bringing her home. CA - CA - Los Angeles Co., WhtFem UP4456, 20-30, drug overdose, maybe name 'Patty', Dec'75

Published today.

Nearly 50 years later, disappearance of New Jersey woman still a mystery

Snips:
Eileen, who spoke to Dateline on behalf of the family, said Patty’s son, Kenny, who was five years old at the time, recalls begging his mother not to leave.

“She had promised to take him to McDonald’s the next day,” Eileen explained. “It was their thing. But he told me that he had a gut feeling that night. He said he knew she wasn’t coming home.”

He was right. When Patty didn’t return home the next morning, her mother became worried and called the police. Eileen added that Patty’s date, Dennis, had also been reported missing by his family at that time.

“From what I understand, the police initially thought she had just run off with this Dennis guy,” Eileen said. “But the family knew better.”

With the help of Patty’s sons, she obtained Patty’s birth certificate and added her to the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs). She added that CODIS also now has both her and Kenny’s DNA.

In early 2020, Eileen said that through her web sleuthing, she located a man she believes to be the Dennis Patty was going to meet the day she disappeared. She told Dateline that Dennis had been living in Florida, and that he refused to discuss Patty’s disappearance with her family. She said she passed the information to investigators with the New Jersey State Police. Attempts by Dateline to reach Dennis at the number Eileen provided were unsuccessful.

UPDATE!

Patricia Jane Wagner
wagner_patricia.jpg
wagner_patricia2.jpg

Wagner, circa 1972

Details of Disappearance

Investigating Agency

I have been looking at the Patricia Jane Wagner case. I found a UP1489, found in 1990, only an hour and a half away from where Patricia was reported missing. They are not listed as exclusions, I sent email to detective today asking if she could be checked as the UP was found with similar gold hoop earrings. Wondering if Patricia was wearing faux pearl necklace when she went to go on her date. Up was wearing faux pearl necklace also. This is only my second post on Webslueths so hopefully I have uploaded things correctly.
Patricia Jane Wagner The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

UP1489 The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210206-134937_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210206-134937_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20210206-134913_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210206-134913_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20210206-133635_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210206-133635_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 17
UPDATE!

Patricia Jane Wagner
wagner_patricia.jpg
wagner_patricia2.jpg

Wagner, circa 1972

Details of Disappearance

Investigating Agency

I have been looking at the Patricia Jane Wagner case. I found a UP1489, found in 1990, only an hour and a half away from where Patricia was reported missing. They are not listed as exclusions, I sent email to detective today asking if she could be checked as the UP was found with similar gold hoop earrings. Wondering if Patricia was wearing faux pearl necklace when she went to go on her date. Up was wearing faux pearl necklace also. This is only my second post on Webslueths so hopefully I have uploaded things correctly.
Patricia Jane Wagner The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

This is a sketch of her. Photos are following. Believe me when I tell you, we are starting from scratch!!!
I have been researching this case and I have sent 3 emails out today to detectives and forensics detectives that are in charge of the two cases I would like them to compare. Patricia is not listed as an exclusion to the UP (unidentified person) that I think it is worth them looking into. Here is Patricia's Namus link and also the link to the UP1489 that I think is worth a look. Their noses are very similar as well as only an hour and a half apart in distance. Also the gold hoop earrings.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210206-133635_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210206-133635_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20210206-134913_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210206-134913_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20210206-134937_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210206-134937_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 6

Welcome @MKind You did a good job with your post and uploads.

You did great in posting this! It looks like a good potential match. Thanks for taking the time to submit the two! Hopefully you hear something back :)

Thank you all so so much!
Congrats on your websleuthing on finding Dennis. I know his last name was never released to the public but it seems he is the key as to what happened to Patty? Is there anything you can tell us about when your family called him. Did he answer? Did he acknowledge knowing Patty? Have investigators contacted him? Seems odd his last name was never released considering from what I read he too was reported missing.

Quick Entry #12 : What Happened To Patricia Jane Wagner? - CrimeBlogger1983
Dennis Lester Cach is the man who Patty had a coffee date with the day she went missing. He is still alive living in Florida and has been uncooperative with the investigation. Dennis Lester Cach is the key to this mystery. Police should interview him and his family members. His picture from back then is in the link above.

Posted today in New Jersey Unsolved Facebook page - there are additional photos.

Facebook Groups

My Cousin is still missing. I'm getting frustrated! In 2 days it would have been her 75 Birthday. She's been missing since she was 26. Please share. All we want is closure and her remains so she can be buried with her name. And justice if it's not too late! PLEASE SHARE!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back