NJ NJ - Stacey Grater, 36, Pemberton Township, 18 Feb 2006

They just found a Body today in the woods near Stacy's House. They are not releasing any details about the body, sex, etc, but it is very close to Stacy's house

EDIT UPDATE: I heard from an inside source that thinks this Body is likely the remains of Stacy

Do you know if the remains were buried?

Praying for her loved ones. I'm not sure where the remains were found in relation to areas searched.

Human remains discovered in Pemberton Twp. woods
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 1:15 pm | Updated: 6:32 am, Thu Apr 2, 2015.

By David Levinsky Staff writer

PEMBERTON TOWNSHIP — Human remains were discovered Tuesday afternoon in the Brendan T. Byrne State Forest and the New Jersey State Police are investigating to identify them and determine a cause of death.

The remains were found by a hunter about 1:40 p.m. in a wooded area near Whitesbog Road, state police spokesman Jeff Flynn said Wednesday.

An investigation to determine the cause of death and the identity of the body is underway by the state police’s major crimes unit and a forensic anthropologist.

Flynn could not specify the age or sex of the remains or how long they are suspected to have been in the location.

Sorry, I don't know anything more

Sorry, I don't know anything more

Let us know if you hear anything else. I haven't had much online time lately.
According to her NamUs Profile; there are dentals available so it should not take long to identify the remains if they're Stacey. I sent her NamUs case worker Pam an email with a link to the article to let her know.

Did anyone do a screen shot of the article? It's not available on Burlington County Times any more. They make articles available for 24 hours then you have to pay to read it.
Paid Subscription Required - The content you are attempting to view is more than 24 hours old.

Human remains found in state forest in Pemberton Township By Kevin Shea | Times of Trenton on April 01, 2015 at 9:51 PM, updated April 02, 2015 at 10:00 AM

PEMBERTON TOWNSHIP — Human remains found in the Brendan T. Byrne State Forest Tuesday afternoon are being tested by a state police forensic anthropologist to determine their identity, authorities said.

The remains were found by a hunter around 1:40 p.m. Tuesday in a wooded area near Whites Bogs Road, State Police Sgt. Jeff Flynn said.

Its been confirmed by her sister that Stacey has been found deceased. Thankful identification was quick; praying they get answers.

Yeah, it was confirmed today. Hope they get answers

Yeah, it was confirmed today. Hope they get answers

Have you seen it confirmed in print? I've been out all afternoon. Last I looked about 11am (EST) there was nothing online & her NamUs profile was still up. I had kept Pam in the loop since the 1st article & sent her an email last night too

Have you seen it confirmed in print? I've been out all afternoon. Last I looked about 11am (EST) there was nothing online & her NamUs profile was still up. I had kept Pam in the loop since the 1st article & sent her an email last night too

Yes, it's official, it's her but no further details are known

I hunt in the same section of woods she vanished from, and I am actually puzzled by the mention of a hunter finding her body, since just about every hunting season around our Town goes from September to February. I have to actually look up the game laws here to see what hunting season is in right now. Maybe some sort of water fowl or Coyote, the only things I can think of.

It's also important to point out, much of the woods around the section she vanished in is dense and thick, and only has a few large open spots around lakes. If her Body was located in one of these large open areas, I suspect it would have been found long before now, which means, I think her body was likely in a dense or covered spot. Also, the area she vanished in is frequented by dog walkers, hikers, bikers, fisherman, and hunters

I hunt in the same section of woods she vanished from, and I am actually puzzled by the mention of a hunter finding her body, since just about every hunting season around our Town goes from September to February. I have to actually look up the game laws here to see what hunting season is in right now. Maybe some sort of water fowl or Coyote, the only things I can think of.

It's also important to point out, much of the woods around the section she vanished in is dense and thick, and only has a few large open spots around lakes. If her Body was located in one of these large open areas, I suspect it would have been found long before now, which means, I think her body was likely in a dense or covered spot. Also, the area she vanished in is frequented by dog walkers, hikers, bikers, fisherman, and hunters

That's the same question I have. What were they hunting? IMO; it's probably someone walking in the woods. I think that with all of the rain we've had; her remains became unburied. This is assuming she was buried.

Are you FB friends with her missing profile?

http://www.burlingtoncountytimes.co...cle_4462f19b-4642-5103-81d3-46ee7e1af750.html

I'll repost the story since its only free for a few days.

Update: New Jersey State Police have identified the remains as those of Stacey Grater, a Pemberton Township woman who went missing in 2006. They are investigating the circumstances of her disappearance.
PEMBERTON TOWNSHIP — Human remains were discovered Tuesday afternoon in the Brendan T. Byrne State Forest and the New Jersey State Police are investigating to identify them and determine a cause of death.
The remains were found by a hunter about 1:40 p.m. in a wooded area near Whitesbog Road, state police spokesman Jeff Flynn said Wednesday.
An investigation to determine the cause of death and the identity of the body is underway by the state police’s major crimes unit and a forensic anthropologist.
Flynn could not specify the age or sex of the remains or how long they are suspected to have been in the location.
At least one open Burlington County missing-person case originated near the location where the remains were located.
Township resident Stacey Grater has been missing since Feb. 18, 2006. She was 36 years old when she last was seen riding a bicycle from her home in Whitesbog Village to the Country Lakes Wawa on Lakehurst Road.
The case was labeled a suspicious disappearance after Grater failed to make contact with friends and family and made no withdrawals from her bank account.

[h=1][/h]View Edit History
[h=3]New Jersey State Police[/h]
Human Remains Identified as Woman Reported Missing in 2006

Detectives Investigate Circumstances Surrounding Disappearance

Human remains discovered by hunters in a wooded area off of White Bogs Road, Pemberton Township, have been identified as Stacey Grater, 36, of Pemberton Township, who went missing February 18, 2006.

On Monday, March 31, at approximately 1:40 p.m., Pemberton Township Police Department was contacted by a hunter who located possible human remains in a wooded area. Members of the New Jersey State Police Major Crime Unit,
Troop "C" Criminal Investigation Office, Crime Scene Investigations Central Unit, and the Missing Persons and Child
Exploitation Unit responded to the scene. The remains were excavated and taken to the Burlington County Medical Examiner's Office for identification.

The details and circumstances surrounding the disappearance are currently under investigation.

Anyone with information about the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of Stacey Lynn Grater is asked to contact Red Lion Station at (609) 859-2282. Anonymous tips welcome.

Please like and share!

View Edit History
New Jersey State Police

Human remains discovered by hunters in a wooded area off of White Bogs Road, Pemberton Township, have been identified as Stacey Grater, 36, of Pemberton Township, who went missing February 18, 2006.

On Monday, March 31, at approximately 1:40 p.m., Pemberton Township Police Department was contacted by a hunter who located possible human remains in a wooded area. Members of the New Jersey State Police Major Crime Unit,
Troop "C" Criminal Investigation Office, Crime Scene Investigations Central Unit, and the Missing Persons and Child
Exploitation Unit responded to the scene. The remains were excavated and taken to the Burlington County Medical Examiner's Office for identification.

The details and circumstances surrounding the disappearance are currently under investigation.

Anyone with information about the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of Stacey Lynn Grater is asked to contact Red Lion Station at (609) 859-2282. Anonymous tips welcome.

Please like and share!

It's interesting, although she died in Pemberton Twp, Pemberton Twp police are NOT handling the case, but rather the State Police are(which in my opinion is a good thing).

Here is the correct link for your post

New Jersey State Police FB page -

Please like and share!

#StaceyLynnGrater
Like · Comment · Share · April 3 · Edited

According to her NamUs profile Pemberton & State are investigating. Hope Pemberton gave the case up! Pam is waiting to hear from Donna Fontana for confirmation. Donna is the case manager on Stacey's profile

Investigating Agency
Title Detective Christopher Bartleson
Phone 609-894-3304
Case number M105622909-NCIC
Date reported March 01, 2006
Jurisdiction Local
Agency Pemberton Township Police Department - Browns Mills NJ 08015

Jurisdiction State
Agency NJSP Missing Persons Unit - Trenton NJ
Phone 800-709-7090
Comments - currently assisting the local police in Stacey's case.

Is there any similarities to Stacey Graters case and Molly Lynch case where bodies were discovered dumped with 7-8 miles apart?

Is there any similarities to Stacey Graters case and Molly Lynch case where bodies were discovered dumped with 7-8 miles apart?

I doubt it.
Missing Bucks woman murdered, left in N.J. woods Last updated: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 9:47 PM
A body found in Burlington County, N.J., woods last summer was identified today by authorities as a young woman from Bucks County missing almost a year.

Molly Lynch, 22, of the Levittown section in Falls Township, was reported missing by family last April. The Burlington County Prosecutor's Office did not say how she died, but that her death has been ruled "homicide by unspecified means."

According to her NamUs profile Pemberton & State are investigating. Hope Pemberton gave the case up! Pam is waiting to hear from Donna Fontana for confirmation. Donna is the case manager on Stacey's profile

Pam just emailed me that she has permission to pull Stacey's profile.
NamUs - Permission Error - Case Access Denied - The case you are trying to view is restricted to authorized persons ONLY.

sad ending, but at least her sister knows where she is now and she can be laid to rest.

should this title be changed to "found deceased"?

That's the same question I have. What were they hunting? IMO; it's probably someone walking in the woods. I think that with all of the rain we've had; her remains became unburied. This is assuming she was buried.

Are you FB friends with her missing profile?

I think I can answer that Rose. Ruffed grouse is in season until the last day of February.th.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back