NJ NJ - Teaneck, Windsor Rd, WhtMale 30-45, UP1615, clear nail polish, may be musician, Nov'78

Agree. But id be hesistant to put him into a TG or TV or Drag background or maybe showbusiness just based on that. Not enough further evidence. Id love to see a picture of his clothing. Cannot find it anywhere.
Oh sorry, I wasn't saying wearing bikini cut underwear makes him a woman. Just that it doesn't seem like a common choice for most men. I wonder if that little detail could spark something in someone's memory, like an old partner.

I'm trying to research the musical goings-on at the time. His permed hair makes me think he could have had a recent concert or an upcoming one. I'm also looking at guitar instructors and came across a man named Brian advertising in the days leading up to this man's death. The last ad I can find is November 16. Prior to these instruction ads, he sold a Les Paul recording guitar in 1975. I have his phone number and first name but can't seem to find any more info.

That is an intereeting rabbithole, foe sure. I cant read the ads because it is subscription based.

But would an active guitarist and guitar teacher not be missed by his students and bands/concert project colleagues? I mean you have a lesson scheduled and he is not there? And all his other students report the same?

That is an intereeting rabbithole, foe sure. I cant read the ads because it is subscription based.

But would an active guitarist and guitar teacher not be missed by his students and bands/concert project colleagues? I mean you have a lesson scheduled and he is not there? And all his other students report the same?
There's a way around the subscription but it's a little messy. If you click on "show article text (OCR)" you can read the text. That's what I do...so if someone is subscribed and I'm missing something, please let me know!!

It seems like a lot of the Does who have been identified were known to be unreliable, so when they disappeared, no one thought anything bad had happened to them. Maybe he was a jerk to his band/orchestra mates and taught sporadically?

I checked for the number in all of New Jersey's newspapers. The same number (with no area code) was also advertising guitar lessons in a Patterson newspaper in October 1978. In the 70s and 2004, the same number was advertising vehicles, but I can't tell if it's actually all the same person because of the lack of area code. I found the full number of the car dealer in a few posts from 04 and the name associated is not Brian.

I play guitar myself and I think he was a professional finger style guitarist. Gibson Les Paul's aren't really made for fingerstyle.
I agree he most likely played classical music, but if he was in something like a jazz band that mixes classical instruments with electric, he could have switched off.

William Patterson College hosted a weekly jazz concert in 1978...

Last edited:
"Teaneck corpse a mob victim? By John Koster Staff Writer An unidentified man whose scantily clothed body was discovered Wednesday in Teaneck might have been the victim of an organized-crime murder, sources close to the investigation said yesterday. The sources said the manner in which the man was bound his hands tied behind his back and his feet tied together indicated a professional's" work. The man, who was dressed in a white T-shirt, purple briefs, and calf-length socks, was discovered ina fetal position. The sources said the man apparently had been in the trunk of a car before being dumped in a leaf-mulching area of Windsor Park, near the Bergenfieid border. An autopsy performed late Wednesday failed to determine the cause of death. There was no visible marks of violence on the corpse. The source said they doubted that the man died of a drug overdose. Instead, they said, wet towels discovered near ' the body indicated that the man may have been drowned or suffocated. The body a 5-f oot-2 white male with black hair, 35 to 45 years old was discovered by Teaneck municipal workers bulldozing stacks of leaves in the mulching area. They said the corpse, had not been there the previous day. -The autopsy determined that the man had been dead about 24 hours. The Bergen County prosecutor's office has ordered toxicological tests, and' fingerprints have been sent to the state police laboratory in Trenton and to Rockland County authorities for possible identification."
The Record from Hackensack, New Jersey on November 17, 1978 · 23

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freedomfinders
Back