NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death

arielilane

Justice for Liz Barraza
Reaction score
Website
www.whokilledlizbarraza.com

MONROE TOWNSHIP MAN INDICTED FOR MURDER AND ENDANGERING THE WELFARE OF A CHILD

Ocean County Prosecutor Bradley D. Billhimer announced that on July 19, 2022, Christopher Gregor, 30, of Monroe Township, was indicted by a Grand Jury sitting in Ocean County on the charge of Murder in violation of N.J.S.A. 2C:11-3a(1), in connection with the death of a six-year-old male on April 2, 2021, at Southern Ocean Medical Center in the Manahawkin section of Stafford Township. Gregor was also indicted on the charge of Endangering the Welfare of a Child in violation of N.J.S.A. 2C:24-4a(2), in connection with events that occurred on March 20, 2021 in Barnegat Township.
More at above link...

A New Jersey man accused of dropping his son off at the hospital covered in bruises before fleeing the state has been charged with first-degree murder, prosecutors announced this week.

Christopher Gregor, 29, is accused of beating 6-year-old Corey Micciolo to death on April 2, 2021.

These charges come in the wake of the Ocean County Medical Examiner determining that Corey died as a result of “blunt force injuries with cardiac and live contusions with acute inflammation and sepsis.”

“On March 3, 2022, the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office received a report from the State’s expert witness which indicated that [Corey] died as a result of blunt force impact of the chest and abdomen, and determined the manner of the child’s death to be a homicide,” Ocean County Prosecutors said in a press release after Gregor’s arrest. “An extensive investigation conducted by the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office Major Crime Unit, Barnegat Township Police Department, and Ocean County Sheriff’s Office Crime Scene Investigation Unit revealed that [Corey] was in the custody of Gregor at the time he sustained his life-ending injuries and that Gregor is the individual responsible for the child’s death.”

More at link ...
Mar 10th, 2022, 2:34 pm

Warning... treadmill video is included and is horrific to see. Can't believe someone would do that to a child. Haven't watched the full video. It's too difficult for me to watch at this time. Poor Corey :(

Video is 5+ minutes

DAILY TRIAL UPDATES

DAY 2 – 5/1/24

• Breanna Micciolo returned to the stand. During re-cross, the defense tried to attack her credibility by talking about ways she could have spent money raised from a page.
  • Juror #3 was dismissed after a sidebar, but the judge did not elaborate as to why.
  • Corey’s first-grade teacher testified that she noticed bruises on Corey and that the child had a change of demeanor in school.
    • During cross-examination, the defense tried to say that the bruises didn’t appear until Corey returned from his mother’s home.
  • Pediatrician Dr. Nancy Deacon, who saw Corey Micciolo for an ’emergency appointment’ in 2021, testified to the child’s injuries and what he told her happened.
    • Things became heated during cross-examination when the defense accused Deacon of changing her testimony between a pretrial hearing and trial. The court reporter read back testimony to reveal the only difference was linguistic: the term “prodded” or “pressed.”

DAY 1 – 4/30/24

• In their opening statement, the prosecution said they would present evidence showing Corey Micciolo was murdered by his father; specifically, that the six-year-old boy died as a result of physical abuse sustained while under Gregor’s sole care after Breanna Micciolo dropped him off at Gregor’s Barnegat townhome on April 2, 2021
  • Defense attorney Mario Gallucci painted Gregor as a responsible father trying his best to care for his son amid ongoing hostilities between Gregor and the boy’s mother, Breanna Micciolo
    • Gallucci tried to brace jurors for surveillance footage jurors they would see Tuesday afternoon showing Gregor increasing the treadmill’s speed and forcing Corey back onto treadmill after falling over several times
    • Gallucci told jurors Corey Micciolo died of natural causes, citing defense expert witness Michael Baden, M.D.

I believe the Defendant did not want to pay child support so obtained custody & took his anger against the mother out on Cory. Pure evil. Grateful there were cameras in the gym or may be unknown who caused the later injuries. I also was unable to watch the treadmill video. The defendant looks like he is acting and trying to appear sad at all times. Not easy to watch. I'm guessing sepsis caused from all his life threatening injuries. So sad.

The defense attorney is well known on Long Island, the defense likely has deep pockets to afford him.

I don't understand why the child's statement "I had to run fast because my dad said I was too fat" was NOT allowed in front of the jury. The judge seems a little too much down with the defense which worries me. Sometimes I don't know if I'm hearing the judge or the defense attorney talking!!!!

There is a LOT of loud laughter that is audible from the jury room... which is so unprofessional and inappropriate.

Eta (just finished watching today's testimonies.)-
The pediatrician who examined him, her testimony was heartbreaking. Interesting that so much of what she would have wanted to say was inadmissible!

Also, the death of the child from sepsis is not being disputed. The defense says that it was sepsis due to Pneumonia, not related to any trauma. It'll be interesting what doctor the defense will pay to say Pneumonia would have been possible despite the fact that trauma...and laceration of his LIVER would be a huge cause of something as deadly as.... sepsis.

Last edited:
TODAY IS COREY'S BIRTHDAY.
cake emoji, presents emoji, hugs emoji x a million.

He would have been TEN. A big double digit age... I think of all the kids in my life and how much of a big deal it was.

Hoping justice will be served and his killer is brought to justice. Family Court and CPS needs an overhaul (MOO).

Last edited:
So sad! That video is absolutely awful to watch. *only my opinion* I really hope that child protective services faces serious consequences as well. Too often they cite antiquated or CYA “policy” and then a child goes back to an abusive home. Reading about how many agencies were involved in arresting this “man” major kudos to the ocean county PD and prosecutors office for not giving up. I’ll be keeping this victim and his mom in my prayers.

Trigger warning!!!!

Trigger warning..... these are the stills from the video that seem to show CHRISTOPHER BITING THE TOP OF COREY'S HEAD as he picks him up after he sped up the treadmill (NOT meant for any children's use).

He picks up his own son like he's a sack of flour, BITES his head, and throws him back on the treadmill.

It's horrifying, how does he defend such actions? Is he gonna double down?

From his behaviour and the texts he has sent, CG comes across as an unstable/ narcissistic / control freak . He rants about petty things like taking away her parenting hours if she is stuck in traffic.... mom lives in terror of him taking away more parenting time, so she ends up making an emergency doctor's appointment at 515PM!

Mom was trying to play by the rules of family court. And CG exploited her for every bit of it. I see my own custody situation in her experience, albeit a decade ago, and mom was so young and didn't have lawyers and other support so she could stand her ground on this.

Attachments

• 20240501_205504.jpg
    20240501_205504.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 20240501_205428.jpg
    20240501_205428.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
The father was biting his son in the head while forcing him to run on the speeding treadmill. (Screengrab from courttv.com)

The assistant prosecutor said Corey died as a result of blunt-force trauma. He had contusions all over his body, and his heart and liver were lacerated, she said.

Micciolo took the witness stand and told the jury she noticed bruises on her child in late March of that year.

"He had a bruise on his forehead,'' she testified. "It was very odd-shaped. It looked like an impression. He had one on his chest. It looked like a scrape.''

Christine Lento, an assistant Ocean County prosecutor, asked Micciolo why she filed an emergent application for sole custody of her son.

"I was in fear for Corey's life,'' she responded.

Gregor's attorney, Mario Gallucci, told the jury that his medical experts and the state's disagree on what caused the child's death.

He said the defense experts will testify that Corey died as a result of sepsis caused by a bout of pneumonia.

DAY 3 of testimonies starts soon.

More medical professionals will testify, I kind of hope defense attorney continues to holler and yell at witnesses as he did yesterday. It continues to make him look ridiculous and I hope the jury sees him and his actions as just bullying on behalf of the ultimate bully here, the father of a six year old child who had bred so much contempt in him that he physically assaulted a child with some regularity. Moo, I hope the jury has clear eyes.

Adam Montgomery hated Harmony because she was so similar to her mom, she reminded him of her and he despised it. Corey looks just like mom.... in the videos he seems curious and smart and CG probably hated seeing the connection that a mom has with their young son. He wanted control of it all. Moo.

It doesn't appear there are any reporters reporting about this case on X. Why? Only seeing the horrific video of the treadmill. There're people that loved and cared for this little boy, unlike the adult male in that video. This case needs to be talked about. There is way too much abuse being done before it is too late. moo

I agree! Why no NewsNation on this one? No one covering it other than law crime network. Wait.... Vinnie Politan is FROM New Jersey!!

Tbh it's a failure of family court, the medical system, AND Child protection services, imo.
- Mom had limited hours of parenting time. By law. If the time is violated, he can call to have her arrested.
- The medical system doesn't have an agency that can override this parenting time. Which is why mom made an appointment with doctor during her parenting time. (I've dealt with this. It's a pain.) Other parent is obligated to take child to appointments... but CG didn't see anything wrong with the bruises.
- Child protection services is underfunded and has to play "he said, she said"..... which means they end up believing nobody. And they hedge. And get secretive. And wait. Until there's concrete proof. Unfortunately in some cases that wait is too g d late. On April 2nd, all those judges and Cps workers got their concrete proof.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberlynn566
Back