NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death

"My son came back this morning and he was saying that his mom said that he had to tell the doctor that I hit him,'' Gregor said to Cicerone in the phone call.

"He came home, and one of the first two things he said was, 'I don't want to go with my mom anymore, she's going to try to take me away from you,' and he also said, 'Mom told me to lie, and I had to.'"

Gregor told Cicerone the child's mother, Breanna Micciolo, had made false child-abuse allegations against him more than a dozen times in the past. He said he was worried that caseworkers would take the latest allegations seriously.

Gregor took his son to Southern Ocean County Medical Center in Stafford about 4 p.m. the same day as he made the call to the hotline, after the child started vomiting and went limp. Corey died at the hospital shortly after 5 p.m.

Gregor, 31, is on trial before Superior Court Judge Guy P. Ryan, charged with murder and child endangerment. The endangerment charge stems from an earlier incident on March 20, 2021, in which he is seen on surveillance video from the gym in his apartment complex speeding up the treadmill on which Corey was running, causing the child to repeatedly fall face-first off the equipment.

Cicerone's brief testimony, and the recording of the phone call to the child-abuse hotline, took place outside the presence of the jury.

'Mom told me to lie': Christopher Gregor said son Corey lied about abuse

Updated May 2, 2024

Here's an older article.

Gregor picked up his son and put him back on the treadmill, only for the child to fall again, authorities said. This continued a few more times and Gregor appeared to bite the child on the head at one point while putting him back on the treadmill, prosecutors have said.

During a hearing Friday in Superior Court in Ocean County, Assistant Prosecutor Lynn Juan said Gregor’s actions were “nothing short of horrific, tragic, and abusive” and he should remain held in jail.

Gregor “should have been looking out for his child, he should have been caring for him, he should have been helping him grow into a healthy young man,” Juan said. “And instead this defendant was abusing his son. This defendant was hurting him. He was hitting him, choking him and subjecting this victim — his own child — to ongoing abuse.”

1714703206512.png

Of course he would try to turn it around on Mom :mad: Like we can’t all see the video of what happened in that gym. Even the video of Corey being dropped off shows how horribly his “Dad” treated him— no greeting, no hugs, barely even a glance at him.

That poor, beautiful boy. Corey deserves justice!

MOO.

Another older article. Absolutely disgusted about what happened to Corey. He never had a chance :(

TOMS RIVER – Christopher Gregor, the man charged with murdering his six-year-old son, Corey Micciolo, in Barnegat, was recently denied bail.

Both the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office and Gregor’s defense counsel, Mario Gallucci, appeared remotely before Judge Michael Collins in Ocean County Superior Court.

Due to continuing COVID-19 restrictions, Gregor listened to the detention hearing from the Ocean County Jail. After the court acknowledged Gregor’s presence, his image was reduced to a small square on the screen for the balance of the proceedings.

Corey’s mother and grandmother, Breanna and Rebecca Micciolo, sat in the front row of the courtroom with family and victim’s advocates offering them support. The two had hoped to get an in-person view of the man they believe took their loved one’s life.

“I wanted to see Chris as afraid as he made Corey,” said Breanna before the hearing. “The Prosecutor’s office told me Corey had two lacerations to his heart. My son died of a broken heart.”

No one from Gregor’s family appeared in the courtroom to listen to the proceedings. Breanna said they were also not at Corey’s funeral. She does not know if they visit his gravesite.

March 29, 2022

Saw the video at the Daily Mail link :

It looked like Corey wasn't the one who need to exercise. :mad:

I couldn't serve on that jury, no way, no how.
You have to be objective.

If the abuse went on for months, did the mom do enough to alert the authorities ?
Just asking.
Omo.

Rest in peace, sweet little boy.
No one can hurt you now.
A friend of mine made it to the courtroom for jury duty on this one. Ultimately, they weren’t chosen (already had enough) but they said they were glad when they later realized what case it was. They said it would’ve been really hard to sit through.

A friend of mine made it to the courtroom for jury duty on this one. Ultimately, they weren’t chosen (already had enough) but they said they were glad when they later realized what case it was. They said it would’ve been really hard to sit through.
Grateful your friend doesn't have to sit on the jury !
If this sorry excuse for a 'dad' was like that on camera, god knows what happened off camera.
From the photos it looked like Corey resembled his mom the most ?
Maybe a further incitement to CG's rage ?
Omo.

I've been paying pretty close attention to this trial. The mom said that the little boy was conceived after the dad assaulted her. He said he had no idea Corey existed until he was sued for child support when Corey was four. Then, the mom lost custody of Corey because she has a meth problem. She did indeed make the reports and document the abuse she saw, but she also kept actively using meth and not following doctor recommendations, such as to leave Corey in the hospital to treat his sepsis. <modsnip>

Clearly, the dad is responsible for killing this poor child. <modsnip: not victim friendly>

Also, what in the WORLD was this psychopath doing working a mental health line and in a care home? And as a math teacher? What else has he done?

Last edited by a moderator:
she also kept actively using meth and not following doctor recommendations, such as to leave Corey in the hospital to treat his sepsis.

I don't remember where there were any accusations made by the defense about BM (mom) having been on meth when this particular instance occurred. Please elaborate, because this has never been stated or part of an accusation against the mom.

Mom started getting weekend visitation because she agreed to getting sober (urine tests, etc) and that was what was granted to her. No doctor today said anything about treating for sepsis. The female pediatrician told mom to go to the shore clinic for further evaluation. Not for treatment of sepsis. The Asian pediatrician at the ER nearby (not the shore clinic) did an evaluation and after 5 hours he was discharged since they didn't see broken bones, his labs were normal, his organs were functioning, and then he got home with mom after 1am.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been paying pretty close attention to this trial. The mom said that the little boy was conceived after the dad assaulted her. He said he had no idea Corey existed until he was sued for child support when Corey was four. Then, the mom lost custody of Corey because she has a meth problem. She did indeed make the reports and document the abuse she saw, but she also kept actively using meth and not following doctor recommendations, such as to leave Corey in the hospital to treat his sepsis. <modsnip>

Clearly, the dad is responsible for killing this poor child. <modsnip: not victim friendly>

Also, what in the WORLD was this psychopath doing working a mental health line and in a care home? And as a math teacher? What else has he done?

Please provide a link to an MSM or other approved source to support the statement that mom has a meth problem.

If an approved link is not provided, the above is considered rumor, not victim friendly, and will be removed.

Thanks.

This sad case reminds me another case, where the accusing mother, was written off for being "crazy", and her ex husband and his GF made the children sleep in the garage. The ex was a police officer, and the little boy froze to death in a garage. No excuse.
That’s terrible, and illustrates the point perfectly.

More information from the same article as posted above.

At the time of his death, the boy’s mother and Gregor shared joint custody. According to reports, Gregor was not present in Corey’s life until he was four. Corey’s mother, Breanna Micciolo, said she reported Gregor for abuse over 100 times, but no one took action. Breanna has since sued the New Jersey Division of Child Protection and Permanency for failing to protect Corey properly.

Gregor, who turned down a 30-year plea offer, is currently being held without bond in the Ocean County Jail. If convicted, he faces life in prison.
I’m assuming that all those abuse reports were investigated as the law demands, and no evidence was found? Just goes to show how despite the best efforts of officials, some things manage to remain under the radar? I’m assuming, in any case….

Reactions: nao
Micciolo also reported the injuries to a caseworker with the New Jersey Division of Child Protection and Permanency, with Corey's death coming just one day after courts rejected an emergency filing seeking custody of her son.

She previously warned authorities as far back as July 2020 that her son would return from his father's home with black eyes, bruises, scrapes and even 'bite marks.'

Who is Christopher Gregor? The New Jersey father who allegedly tortured son with gym sessions and is now on trial for his murder​

• Chilling texts reveal Gregor's cold reaction to being confronted over abuse
  • He told his son's mother the boy 'needs to be a little tougher'
  • Gregor is accused of abusing his son Corey Micciolo, 6, to death in 2021

The mother testified she has a meth addiction and had relapsed a couple times after going to a rehab clinic. She was trying to get meth the day this happened after she dropped Corey off at his father’s. Ultimately she ended up not doing meth that day. This all came out on cross exam.

IA that the defendant only took custody because he didn’t want to pay child support. The mom’s mother was the one who had custody due to the mom’s addiction issues. The grandma is the one that filed for a paternity test and child support from the father.

The defendant has serious anger issues. Just look at his face in court. He never wanted Corey and he took out his frustration/anger about being forced to be a father on the poor boy. Poor baby. May he RIP. I hope this defendant gets LWOP!

JMO

She previously warned authorities as far back as July 2020 that her son would return from his father's home with black eyes, bruises, scrapes and even 'bite marks.'

Just looking at the above quote from the Daily Mail article, I would assume that all such reports must by law be investigated? So does this mean that they were not finding evidence of any such injuries?

I know I’m being petty but I loved it when mama testified, that they didn’t drive together to his sports tryout together because Chris thought she was trash and she turned and looked right at him. .
I know she isn’t perfect. But she did her work. Did she fall at times. Of course. But I have a soft spot in my heart for her.
And she isn’t on trial!

It really breaks my heart when it seems like in a lot of these child murder cases the child victim is often unwanted. It’s like she or he was just disposed off like garbage. I keep thinking about the confusion and hurt the child feels leading up to his or her death. Very sad. Certainly that seems to be the case here. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LornaJay
Back