NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death

I haven't been able to bring myself to watch this trial, but appreciate reading the updates here. Do we anticipate closing arguments anytime soon?
No. They are planning some screwy set up where the last prosecution witness is on the 22nd May, after the defense (!) and with some days completely off. Judge is worried about jury being able to stay away from outside influences, and basically losing interest with so many days off. Nuttmegg thinks any bizarre blocks of days off is beneficial to the creep. Towards the beginning of the link I just posted they discuss all this before bringing the jury in.

No. They are planning some screwy set up where the last prosecution witness is on the 22nd May, after the defense (!) and with some days completely off. Judge is worried about jury being able to stay away from outside influences, and basically losing interest with so many days off. Nuttmegg thinks any bizarre blocks of days off is beneficial to the creep. Towards the beginning of the link I just posted they discuss all this before bringing the jury in.

Thanks for the update! That's kinda crazy!

I haven't been able to bring myself to watch this trial, but appreciate reading the updates here. Do we anticipate closing arguments anytime soon?

Edited, didn’t realize this has been answered. lol
Oops!

Sadly no.
The state has one more witness but they can’t come until I believe the 21st. Yikes.
So next week I think defendants sill
Start their case.
I didn’t catch all the details.

Thanks for the update! That's kinda crazy!
Yeah, apparently the defense has a dr appointment on next Tuesday, so the judge is giving everyone Monday and Tuesday off. It was mentioned that jury ppl might start making excuses for getting off the jury, not fair to impact their employment.

Warning: my head was spinning and my eyes were rolling, so you guys should listen to this part for yourselves. They proposed various ways to proceed, I can't say for sure what happened except the upcoming 4 day weekend seems set.

Defense atty made fool of himself, did not score any, had not a scintilla of success poking holes in the expert witness testimony. Dr. completely shot down the pneumonia business.....they took a post mortem ct and interpreted it wrong because blood stays where it is in lungs for awhile after death and looks like could be cloudy pneumonia to technician untrained in that specialty, post mortem cat scans. That person changed the finding of pneumonia after consultations.

Worth watching defense atty strike out repeatedly. Last 1/3 of day 5, posted above.

From earlier this morning. I love the look on the defence lawyers' faces. They look like they've been told their summer homes have lost 50% of their value.

This is what the defense is being told: BY THE JUDGE (not in presence of jury)

"There is a huge degree of confidence that inferences can reasonably be drawn from
1. Defendant's behaviour to flight
2. From flight to consciousness of guilt
3. From consciousness of guilt to consciousness of guilt to the crime charged, namely, murder
4. From consciousness of guilt to actual guilt.
Evidence of flight have been properly presented to jury."

"The court finds that those messages are highly probative of an attempt to flee."

In other words..... his internet searches for an airport in Tennessee, leaving the hospital when his own son has died less than 20 minutes after he has been declared, manually deleting texts and messages as he rushes out of state, ignoring phone calls from the local police who are calling (this time, he swiped left!).... all this means something and being a pretty spoiled little rich boy isn't going to help this time.

Officer Cerulli of Barnegat called Christopher at 5:48pm, 28 min after Christopher left the hospital room where his child lay dead. Christopher rejected the call. 2nd time he called Christopher, it was a missed call. In the meantime "can my phone be tracked in airplane mode" is his search term at 610pm.

Thank the gods for technology.*and the smart people who do this work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240508_201215_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240508_201215_YouTube.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
From earlier this morning. I love the look on the defence lawyers' faces. They look like they've been told their summer homes have lost 50% of their value.

This is what the defense is being told: BY THE JUDGE (not in presence of jury)

"There is a huge degree of confidence that inferences can reasonably be drawn from
1. Defendant's behaviour to flight
2. From flight to consciousness of guilt
3. From consciousness of guilt to consciousness of guilt to the crime charged, namely, murder
4. From consciousness of guilt to actual guilt.
Evidence of flight have been properly presented to jury."

"The court finds that those messages are highly probative of an attempt to flee."

In other words..... his internet searches for an airport in Tennessee, leaving the hospital when his own son has died less than 20 minutes after he has been declared, manually deleting texts and messages as he rushes out of state, ignoring phone calls from the local police who are calling (this time, he swiped left!).... all this means something and being a pretty spoiled little rich boy isn't going to help this time.

Officer Cerulli of Barnegat called Christopher at 5:48pm, 28 min after Christopher left the hospital room where his child lay dead. Christopher rejected the call. 2nd time he called Christopher, it was a missed call. In the meantime "can my phone be tracked in airplane mode" is his search term at 610pm.

Thank the gods for technology.
I was listening to that so didn't see who was talking. Glad you mentioned that he rejected that call from LE.
So all of this is yet to come? Or included yesterday with the texts?

I just watched that one where def atty belittles the nurse on day 3. Like she should have been looking at gregor instead of working on Corey. And that whole blood oxy thing was ridiculous, she was supposed to keep taking the oxy while he was crashing? Like 85 was important at that moment? And he accuses..."That's 7% less than normal!!!" Like that's what nurses say about blood oxy. Omg. That guy may be some bigshot but he says the stupidest things and gloats afterwards like boy I showed her. While the nurse is looking at him like he's from mars asking such clueless questions. Imo he lost points with the jury for harassing the nurse who tried to save Corey.

Last edited:
I was listening to that so didn't see who was talking. Glad you mentioned that he rejected that call from LE.
So all of this is yet to come? Or included yesterday with the texts?

I just watched that one where def atty belittles the nurse on day 3. Like she should have been looking at gregor instead of working on Corey. And that whole blood oxy thing was ridiculous, she was supposed to keep taking the oxy while he was crashing? Like 85 was important at that moment? And he accuses..."That's 7% less than normal!!!" Like that's what nurses say about blood oxy. Omg. That guy may be some bigshot but he says the stupidest things and gloats afterwards like boy I showed her. While the nurse is looking at him like he's from mars asking such clueless questions. Imo he lost points with the jury for harassing the nurse who tried to save Corey.
One of the few times I have felt a slight stirring of sympathy for a defense lawyer.. gosh, she was all over the place, she had an element of real bone deep confusion, or disassociation going on. Not that the lead lawyer is on song, either,... but then, they are battllng on swampy ground, Gregor is almost indefensible, not a lot of leeway for his attorneys to sing any high notes.. You can tell they are disheartened ....

I 've been hanging on, hoping it gets to where he takes the stand.. while I am positive his expensive attorneys have advised him to under no circumstances consider such a foolish move,..you just never know with your average narcissist. He isn't too keen on women prosecutors daring to question his actions so far, he could be tempted to stroll up on the stand just to show those women just what is what...he being the exact bloke to take on this task.

It's 50/50 for me.. people do dreadful things, and then go right on and do stupid things, so he may just feel enough of his usual overconfidence to give it a shot...

Last edited:
The ongoing abuse poor little Corey experienced is heartbreaking and the jury will not let this evil monster get away.

The way the defense attorney belittled the loving and caring nurse LC, the one who stood by Corey -- was with him until the end - the jury will not forget that.

The defense attorney is not helping his client. But, then the defendant is evil as heck, and does fine on his own. He is what evil looks like. Pure evil and no soul. Dont know what happened to him, dont care... try to be empathetic -- but can't with this evil monster. He wasn't loving with Corey.

Dr. Thomas Andrew, the forensic pathologist provided an excellent explanation in details while on the stand. Hard to listen to at times, however, important. The jury will not forget that. The doctor made it so the jury will understand.

All speculation.

I will never forget Corey.

Carnevale, the emergency room nurse at Southern Ocean Medical Center, testified that Gregor showed no emotion when he brought Corey to the medical center in Stafford Township at 3:53 p.m. on the day the boy died. She didn't change that testimony, despite defense attorney Mario Gallucci pointing out to her that the defendant appeared on surveillance footage to be crying in the hallway of the hospital.

"Corey was very sick,'' Carnevale testified, being questioned by Lento
The child mumbled a few words to her and then had a seizure, she said
"Corey seized, and then his heart stopped,'' Carnevale said.
The child was intubated, and medical personal began performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation on him, she told the jury. Corey briefly regained a pulse - detected only with equipment designed to recognize otherwise undetectable pulses, but then his heart and breathing stopped again, she said.

Carnevale appeared emotional during her testimony. When Lento asked the witness if she remembered Corey without having to look at his medical records, she responded, "Of course I do, yes.''
She testified that Gregor told her the child's mother was a drug addict, and he did not want her to be contacted.
Carnevale acknowledged under cross-examination that she was a member of "Justice for Corey,'' a Facebook page set up by Corey's mother.
The jury Tuesday also heard testimony from Richard Cicerone, an employee of the state Division of Child Protection and Permanency, who said he fielded a phone call that Gregor placed to the state's child-abuse hotline at 10:02 a.m. on April 2, 2021, the same day the child died.

Christopher Gregor left 6-year-old son Corey Micciolo in his dying moments: Nurse

TOMS RIVER - A forensic pathologist testified Wednesday that 6-year-old Corey Micciolo's death was murder and the time frame when he would have suffered his fatal injuries was when he was in the custody of his father, Christopher Gregor.

Testifying for the state at Gregor's trial in the murder of his young son, Dr. Thomas A. Andrew told an Ocean County jury that Corey's cause of death was blunt impact injuries to the chest, a lacerated heart and a laceration and contusions to the liver. His manner of death was murder, the witness testified.

I don't see any benefit for the perpetrator to provide testimony in his defense. It would open up the door to go through the video, literally frame by frame to ask why the perpetrator put the victim on the treadmill, why it was set too fast, why the perpetrator bit the victim on the head....far too damaging for the defense.

Carnevale, the emergency room nurse at Southern Ocean Medical Center, testified that Gregor showed no emotion when he brought Corey to the medical center in Stafford Township at 3:53 p.m. on the day the boy died. She didn't change that testimony, despite defense attorney Mario Gallucci pointing out to her that the defendant appeared on surveillance footage to be crying in the hallway of the hospital.

"Corey was very sick,'' Carnevale testified, being questioned by Lento
The child mumbled a few words to her and then had a seizure, she said
"Corey seized, and then his heart stopped,'' Carnevale said.
The child was intubated, and medical personal began performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation on him, she told the jury. Corey briefly regained a pulse - detected only with equipment designed to recognize otherwise undetectable pulses, but then his heart and breathing stopped again, she said.

Carnevale appeared emotional during her testimony. When Lento asked the witness if she remembered Corey without having to look at his medical records, she responded, "Of course I do, yes.''
She testified that Gregor told her the child's mother was a drug addict, and he did not want her to be contacted.
Carnevale acknowledged under cross-examination that she was a member of "Justice for Corey,'' a Facebook page set up by Corey's mother.
The jury Tuesday also heard testimony from Richard Cicerone, an employee of the state Division of Child Protection and Permanency, who said he fielded a phone call that Gregor placed to the state's child-abuse hotline at 10:02 a.m. on April 2, 2021, the same day the child died.

Christopher Gregor left 6-year-old son Corey Micciolo in his dying moments: Nurse
They were crazy to go after the nurse, implying incompetence, questioning her knowledge of cpr. Giving her the chance to reiterate that only one hand was used for kids. She pointed out that he was only six.

One time she crossed her arms tightly across her midsection. As though she had it with the stupidity and complete lack of sympathy from the defense......for Corey.
Didn't want them to call the boy's mother. Wow.

As to what happened to make CG turn out how he did: imagine the cramp in his bachelor life suddenly learning he was supposed to assume the role of Dad between his tinder hookups.

@arielilane, thanks for your summaries.

I don't see any benefit for the perpetrator to provide testimony in his defense. It would open up the door to go through the video, literally frame by frame to ask why the perpetrator put the victim on the treadmill, why it was set too fast, why the perpetrator bit the victim on the head....far too damaging for the defense.
Yesterday the defense guy brought up that CG might testify, the jury wasn't present. Something about not wanting to be tied down to an exact date, they might want CG to follow a certain witness after they see how the witness's testimony was received, or not go on the stand at all. They didn't want the court to be publicly specific about who would testify when. That's how I interpreted it.

Imo

I've been SO curious as to who are the people sitting behind the defendant (being nice:rolleyes:) during trial. moo
I don't understand their testifying under oath, but no jury. Yes at least the father has been sworn in. PROS. has objected to hearsay like it was an official court day w jury. It was partially explained that this testimony from the parents is to see what they can eventually say in front of the jury. Of course it's publicly broadcast and jurors have 6 days off. Sorry....to me it is a way to get it out in public while pretending the jury won't see it on tv, youtube, and dozens of recaps.

I don't understand their testifying under oath, but no jury. Yes at least the father has been sworn in. PROS. has objected to hearsay like it was an official court day w jury. It was partially explained that this testimony from the parents is to see what they can eventually say in front of the jury. Of course it's publicly broadcast and jurors have 6 days off. Sorry....to me it is a way to get it out in public while pretending the jury won't see it on tv, youtube, and dozens of recaps.
It appears that the Defense is trying to have the father testify through his parents without him taking the stand and being subject to cross.

The points:
That he left because he felt threatened.
That he was coming back, no flight.

Yeah? Well, let's hear from him directly then.

If this were occurring in front of the jury, there would be objections every two seconds.

Big job here for the judge to sift through all this and decide what can and cannot go before the jury.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back