NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the father testified because the defendant can’t….if the defendant testifies he would have to talk about/explain the treadmill incident. So the father has to say he didn’t see the video because the whole point of him testifying is to humanize the defendant WITHOUT bringing up the treadmill video. If the father talks about the treadmill video it negates his entire testimony. OF COURSE they’ve seen the treadmill video! What a lie!

JMO
Of course. He probably has a bunch of excuses for cg's behavior all stored away in his selectively forgetful brain if needed.

rsbm

He didn't watch it because he didn't want to see Corey mistreated? Or he didn't watch it so he wouldn't have to testify against his son if he did?

I'm REALLY bothered by the continued minimization of that sustained episode. It was more than he "fell of a treadmill".

It feels like protecting Chris is a higher priority than any kind of justice for Corey.

I find that hard to watch.

JMO
He says Corey fell on the treadmill and didn't find that non event worth mentioning to prosecution detectives and yet won't watch the video because he doesn't want to see Corey mistreated. how does he know Corey is mistreated on the treadmill video if he's never seen it?

Can't have it both ways, it was either such a non event it wasn't worth mentioning or his grandson was being mistreated. Which is it sir?

Was that today about hiking? I can't watch until later. But if gregor is saying he didn't even leave until after 5, even then going to pick up wife, these stories don't match up. Imo he is trying to shift the story later for a readon.
Three months after Corey died it seems CG was traveling with his girl friend. One van trip to Maine and one trip to Pennsylvania hiking where his mother had driven him. Guess CG was not working...?

Three months after Corey died it seems CG was traveling with his girl friend. One van trip to Maine and one trip to Pennsylvania hiking where his mother had driven him. Guess CG was not working...?
Father of Christopher Gregor, accused NJ killer dad who forced son, 6, to run on treadmill, is ‘highly decorated’ retired state trooper

His LinkedIn lists his most recent job as being in 2018 as a real estate agent. Mrs. Gregor is a real estate agent. Maybe he "works" with his mother? But if that were the case, why was he so stressed about buying a home and whether he could afford it? Did he think mother would steer him wrong? If he is or was a real estate agent why so "concerned" during the house hunting afternoon?

Of course. He probably has a bunch of excuses for cg's behavior all stored away in his selectively forgetful brain if needed.
I get the feeling that CG's father is possibly being more honest than mother. I suspect that CG is a mommy's boy. And she was the main enabler. Might be wrong of course. As I think in the past they both protected him from his actions. Wish they would call up Laura, CG's girl friend. I guess Marci did not last long.

I get the feeling that CG's father is possibly being more honest than mother. I suspect that CG is a mommy's boy. And she was the main enabler. Might be wrong of course. As I think in the past they both protected him from his actions. Wish they would call up Laura, CG's girl friend. I guess Marci did not last long.
Maybe. Given his professional history he may see the result of lying under oath more clearly than other people in his fam. He does seem like a disciplinarian, imo, and maybe she was the enabler. Her "timeline" certainly contradicts what her hubby apparently said today. Maybe they thought it better not to let her on the stand.

The Defense was able to slide in that Chris was coming home, that the parents made arrangements for that.

I keep having to remind myself that Chris isn't 17, an age where we might expect a young man to be so deeply dependent on his parents. But he's an ADULT.

Did I hear this right? There were a period of time, while Corey was living at the grandparents' house, that Chris was dividing his time between that house and his girlfriend's? Hold the phone. He's an ADULT. With a minor child. Who gets to up and check our whenever he likes?

I don't know these parents well enough to render a full verdict but I'm easily reminded of the sort of parents who are always trying to choreograph their children's (and sometimes even adult children's) lives to so there aren't triggers or clean up after them when there are. Colloquially called enablers. I call them ironers. Still ironing their adult children's sheets for fear of what will happen when life presents a wrinkle. That's one way to grow a manboy. Schoolyard bully in the body of a 200-lb man.

I have no problem with senior parents standing by an adult defendant. But defending the indefensible? Nope, nopers, nopity nope.

JMO

Defendant’s mom caught on the phone with the defendant being coached. Lol. State arguing if she testifies they will cross examine with that audio. So now defense is not going to call her. Yeah, the parents are totally lying on the stand for their son. And you know what, I get it! It happens all the time. They’re his parents and they want to save him from a life in prison. JMO

State is speaking on the record, outside the jury, thst they have become aware of a phone call between the defendant and his mother on the previous Friday. She believes the defendant was coaching his mother on how to testify.

Defense is representing that the mother kept trying to get the defendant to stop talking (during the call) and ultimatdky hung up on him. Defense therefore does not want to call the mother to the stand.

Well, that's convenient. She didn't play well IMO when testifying under proffer, outside the jury.

I wonder if the State can call her to testify (hostile witness?) if the Defense does not.

JMO

Defendant’s mom caught on the phone with the defendant being coached. Lol. State arguing if she testifies they will cross examine with that audio. So now defense is not going to call her. Yeah, the parents are totally lying on the stand for their son. And you know what, I get it! It happens all the time. They’re his parents and they want to save him from a life in prison. JMO
wowowow...ok I am right. Chris caught coaching his MOTHER on the phone after the hearing where she was questioned. 200lb enabled bully, imo.

The Defense was able to slide in that Chris was coming home, that the parents made arrangements for that.

I keep having to remind myself that Chris isn't 17, an age where we might expect a young man to be so deeply dependent on his parents. But he's an ADULT.

Did I hear this right? There were a period of time, while Corey was living at the grandparents' house, that Chris was dividing his time between that house and his girlfriend's? Hold the phone. He's an ADULT. With a minor child. Who gets to up and check our whenever he likes?

I don't know these parents well enough to render a full verdict but I'm easily reminded of the sort of parents who are always trying to choreograph their children's (and sometimes even adult children's) lives to so there aren't triggers or clean up after them when there are. Colloquially called enablers. I call them ironers. Still ironing their adult children's sheets for fear of what will happen when life presents a wrinkle. That's one way to grow a manboy. Schoolyard bully in the body of a 200-lb man.

I have no problem with senior parents standing by an adult defendant. But defending the indefensible? Nope, nopers, nopity nope.

JMO
Lol the mother didn't even know if she was supposed to say fly home, the other day. Can't pros prove he picked up a rental on 5 april?

Wow he wasn't always living with his parents, leaving the boy there while HE had custody? Isn'tb

Lol the mother didn't even know if she was supposed to say fly home, the other day. Can't pros prove he picked up a rental on 5 april?
Prosecution has rental car receipt.
Defense trying for mistrial imo.

Defense counsel : I have no problem staying down here and (waves at state table) and meeting with these young ladies.

So paternalistic! JMO

They’re coming back at 2:30p to go over the body cam video of the defendant’s detention in Tennessee where they take his car and phone. Defense wants to introduce 3 mins of it to show defendants demeanor. He was cooperative blah blah blah. State needs to review all the hours of body cam before they can take a position.

Defense counsel : I have no problem staying down here and (waves at state table) and meeting with these young ladies.

So paternalistic! JMO

They’re coming back at 2:30p to go over the body cam video of the defendant’s detention in Tennessee where they take his car and phone. Defense wants to introduce 3 mins of it to show defendants demeanor. He was cooperative blah blah blah. State needs to review all the hours of body cam before they can take a position.
Barf. Same genre as his comment in opening statements that Corey was a "young man". The linguistics' analysts like decoder would have a field day with this creepy guy "imo"

CG from day one never struck me as very bright. He dug his own holes over and over again. But, wont escape this one, not this one, IMO.
From the first he struck me as a "pretty boy", a term that really has little to do with looks. It means, rather, someone who has slid along on his assets never having to go beyond that. In his case, big soft guy, hovering cooperative parents, progress somehow from online U to Johns Hopkins, etc, etc. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti