NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
CG was getting a Masters degree in teaching?! Can you imagine this man teaching children?!

CG called his mother to "coach" her testimony? Great plan. Did he forget to listen to the recording of every single prison and jail phone call that all calls are recorded and can be used in court proceedings?!

just saw several what I think is several LEOs called by defense. They responded to wellness checks initiated by Corey's mom. Testified to seeing bruises on Corey but didn't feel he was in imminent danger and so did not remove him. Corey seemed okay, the bruises were explained away and Corey didn't seem to be terrified of his father.

Defense seems to suggest with putting these witnesses on the stand that Christopher can't be the abuser prosecution is painting him to be or else the cops would have removed Corey.

It's weak. Super weak. Just because LEOs didn't witness him abuse his child doesn't mean he wasn't doing just that behind closed doors. The fact that Defense even put these guys on tell me they got zip zero nada in the way of the defense. JMO
HUGE question is why it was not protocol to separate Corey and his father when being questioned?

What child in fear of his life would admit anything in front of his abuser?

And I don't believe any officer saw CG playing football with Corey, IMO.

Last edited:
Yep, good summary. Entered a women's room by "accident"? Don't believe that one.

But, still thinking about the last days of March, CG kept Corey out of school after teachers noticed his bruising. And one lie was about some family event? THEN they were going down to Key West?!?! Makes me think at this point CG could no longer contain his rage at Corey. CG was doing a lot of womanizing. Poor Corey was in the way. CG was uncontrollable, where does all the rage come from, his parents especially seem to dote on him. Mother's loving smiles in the courtroom and all.
I don’t think his Father dotes on him. There are two more sons…who may be leading the kind of life this Father expected or demanded from his sons. CG seems to be a habitual embarrassment.

The Father made the point that he supervised his children’s schoolwork ‘to their chagrin.’ I bet he did…and expected results. CG must have been a golden boy …football star…good college…until he was a drunk facing criminal charges.

Maybe CG resented his son…because his existence was a constant reminder of what a loser HE was…in his Father’s eyes

OH interesting, defense attorney after speaking with his client have decided NOT to call lead detective.

And coincidentally the officer in charge of "training the officer that interviewed Corey for welfare check" was the same one that saw Corey playing football with CG and DIVING for the football.

I believe it has come out Breanna called child protected services many times, so I am sure LE were very aware of situation, but chose to believe the Gregors.

edited for typos

Last edited:
I don’t think his Father dotes on him. There are two more sons…who may be leading the kind of life this Father expected or demanded from his sons. CG seems to be a habitual embarrassment.

The Father made the point that he supervised his children’s schoolwork ‘to their chagrin.’ I bet he did…and expected results. CG must have been a golden boy …football star…good college…until he was a drunk facing criminal charges.

Maybe CG resented his son…because his existence was a constant reminder of what a loser HE was…in his Father’s eyes
I agree....CG's mother was main enabler. But, I think father also protected him, their good name and all.

So, a few takehome messages from today.

David Gregor says he contacted Gallucci (bully lawyer guy) in JULY 2021 when Christopher was out hiking on a retreat with Laura, and officers came by to arrest him for the child endangerment charge. He said he was advised to get Christopher into town asap and once again he did, jumping in to get his son a rental car. (Does Christopher not have his own credit cards???? I was renting my own cars for trips by age 26! But i digress.)

This was 3 months after Corey's murder.

1. So we now know Family Gregor had hired Gallucci WELL BEFORE any murder charge was filed, quite possibly he was the attorney hired in April! Daddy David knew he needed a high profile, sharpshooter of
I think the lawyer was hired as soon as CG ran. From the article below

“I became involved with the case before he was arrested,” said Gallucci. “So I called the detective, and when they stopped him in Tennessee no one could speak to him.”

So no more witnesses for the day. They’re not back until next Wednesday.

I was thinking Galluci is pretending like he will put his client on the stand. Saying it will be a long day *when* he testifies etc. Then I remembered how easy these defendants try to make it to convict them. We got the jail calls and it is very likely Gregor will INSIST on taking the stand to help the the state obtain a conviction. The defendant wants to work for the state. Lol. Smh

JMO

No medical reason? The hospital required the mother to sign a document acknowledging that she refused the hospital recommendation for emergency transport and withdrew the child Against Medical Advice.

If you want to believe the child only had bruises and was a reasonably healthy child, that's up to you but I have seen no evidence in this case to indicate that is what took place and it totally contradicts the recommendations of the Hospital ER doctors. There has been testimony the child died hours later. There has also been testimony that the mother admitted to arranging to buy meth drugs for herself after she returned the child (hours later) to his father who did transport the child to the hospital ER and it was too late to save the child. I do believe the Jury is paying attention.

I have had family members who were transported by ambulance to regional medical centers--because their condition was unstable--and they were admitted and they survived. I can't imagine any parent of a child taking them to an ER and then rejecting the ER physician's advice.

JMO
<modsnip>
When Mom dropped him off, little Corey was walking, talking, able to knock on the gym door, run on the treadmill, then follow his Dad back to the apartment. Things appeared to go bad for him after he got to the apartment with Dad. By then, Mom was long gone, and was no longer able to provide any care.
JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Corey’s mother, Breanna Micciolo, had expressed alarm over bruises found on Corey’s body and sought an emergent application to change the shared custody order. Corey was also seen in three separate medical facilities the day before his death to evaluate concerns about the perceived abuse.

“They checked his bones. They checked his labs. And shortly after one o’clock in the morning or around there, Corey was discharged,” said Schron. “He was medically cleared for release, because there was nothing wrong with Cory’s lungs; there was nothing wrong with Corey’s bones, and his labs were normal. Cory was fine except for his bruises.”
[snip]
Corey maintained a composed demeanor during his interactions with medical staff, with no signs of distress. He was discharged from Jersey Shore Medical Center at 1 a.m. on April 2, where several bruises were documented. Medical tests revealed no evidence of fractures or abnormalities in his bloodwork.
[snip]
A pediatric emergency room doctor from Jersey Shore Medical Center was the first to testify
[snip]
The doctor said he determined that Corey’s vital signs were within normal limits. There was no respiratory distress or wheezing noted.

A head-to-toe examination of the boy revealed other findings with extensive bruises and scratches noted and documented. The most significant bruise was 5×5 cm and located by Corey’s sternum.
[snip]
When asked about the results of lab work, Aung said that there was no evidence of infection. A skeletal survey did not show any evidence of any prior fractures. A chest x-ray taken among the 19 x-rays did not reveal any infiltration and Corey’s lungs were clear.

Corey was medically discharged from the hospital because he did not have an acute medical emergency condition. He was referred to the Child Abuse team for evaluation and Corey’s DCPP caseworker advised of the plan.
Trial To Resume In Alleged Abuse, Murder Of Child

No medical reason? The hospital required the mother to sign a document acknowledging that she refused the hospital recommendation for emergency transport and withdrew the child Against Medical Advice.

If you want to believe the child only had bruises and was a reasonably healthy child, that's up to you but I have seen no evidence in this case to indicate that is what took place and it totally contradicts the recommendations of the Hospital ER doctors. There has been testimony the child died hours later. There has also been testimony that the mother admitted to arranging to buy meth drugs for herself after she returned the child (hours later) to his father who did transport the child to the hospital ER and it was too late to save the child. I do believe the Jury is paying attention.

I have had family members who were transported by ambulance to regional medical centers--because their condition was unstable--and they were admitted and they survived. I can't imagine any parent of a child taking them to an ER and then rejecting the ER physician's advice.

JMO

"she refused the hospital recommendation for emergency transport and withdrew the child Against Medical Advice"

I keep reading multiple posts from you saying the mother refused medical treatment for her son but no links or context.

Sorry if I missed the links and context, would you post these? Thank you.

"she refused the hospital recommendation for emergency transport and withdrew the child Against Medical Advice"

I keep reading multiple posts from you saying the mother refused medical treatment for her son but no links or context.

If i remember correct the mother testified she signed the AMA and took him to the hospital herself because she didn't want to wait for an ambulance. She was concerned with being late taking Corey to his dads.

Ultimately, Corey tilted his head back and his eyes went to the back of his head. Doyle rushed father and son to a room. Medical personnel all began to work on the child.

“We placed him on a heart monitor,” Doyle said. “Before that, we took off his clothes, and that’s when I noticed the bruise on his chest.”

Corey was pronounced dead at Southern Ocean Medical Center at 5:03 p.m. on April 2, 2021.
Trial To Resume In Alleged Abuse, Murder Of Child

the bruise on his chest was not evident to any of the treaters/evaluators Corey saw on April 1. It was noted and visible on April 2nd by ER personnel PRIOR to attempts at life saving measures.

So much for CPR causing that chest injury :rolleyes:

If i remember correct the mother testified she signed the AMA and took him to the hospital herself because she didn't want to wait for an ambulance. She was concerned with being late taking Corey to his dads.

So it is not true she refused him medical treatment?
All she did was drive him to the hospital herself?

So she drove him to the hospital herself...why is this "refusing medical treatment?"

Was he bleeding and the ambulance was not allowed to stop the bleeding? This is the only reason I let my son go to the ER in an ambulance, because he needed immediate EMERGENCY medical treatment when the lawnmower cut off his toe.

My Insurance only pays for ambulance service if it is a documented EMERGENCY. They are not an Uber.

Last edited:
Day 8. (I finally caught up.)

Jamie in her power red jacket. YES. I stan. You go!

Data doesn't lie. Christopher's phone was in airplane mode, due south towards Mexico, from 5:20pm, moments after Corey is dead.... until 2:19pm the next day. Almost 24 hours.

The so called "turnaround" happens as Christopher is on the phone with Grandpa Gregor (David). OHKAY. It's not like he turned around on the turnpike. He was in ARKANSAS.

Honestly, at this rate I don't think the jury will remember or keep these facts straight.
WE have the luxury of replaying every clip on YouTube but the jury will not.

3 short witness testimonies on Day 8.

I'm sorry I don't know what job Dr Regasa has, but as a judge you need to run a courtroom, Guy! Idgaf if this Dr Ragasa has a long-standing annual vacation overseas. W t f? It's his JOB to testify as part of his important role/job. You don't skip town for an annual vacation and leave an entire case in the dust! F that!

Dr Berger and Dr Feingold are others who will testify.

Who are these 'Seabright' officers they're having trouble tracking down? For the past.... 2 years? Is Seabright in a foreign country????

Detective Mitchell is the local Detective, who to me seems a little chummy chummy with family Gregor.

Just feeling so negative about this case today even though I want to be hopeful.

iirc, the mother testified she signed the AMA because she needed to return the child to his father. Yet she didn't return him to his father until hours later. Those hours she continued to control the child--the prosecution's expert witness/pathologist testified--was within a window in which the blunt force trauma was inflicted.

I think Dr. Baden's testimony will put it all into context.

JMO

Wait - was the treadmill incident the same day that mom took him to the hospital? It couldn’t have been, right? Because he already had those injuries when she took him to the hospital. He told the doctors his injuries were from falling on the treadmill. I’m not so clear on the timeline. But I don’t think it was the same day. JMO

iirc, the mother testified she signed the AMA because she needed to return the child to his father. Yet she didn't return him to his father until hours later. Those hours she continued to control the child--the prosecution's expert witness/pathologist testified--was within a window in which the blunt force trauma was inflicted.

I think Dr. Baden's testimony will put it all into context.

JMO

OK, I will check his testimony. Thanks

Wait - was the treadmill incident the same day that mom took him to the hospital?
No. The treadmill was 3/20. Around 4:20pm.

Gregor Grandparents see Corey on 3/22 to look at houses and go out to dinner. They noticed the forehead lesion.

3/28 Two officers (testified Day 8) visited Chris and Corey at the apartment for a welfare check. They notice Corey's bruises and forehead. They chat with Corey IN THE PRESENCE OF DAD and determine everything is fine, seems like a loving family.
Um..... OHKAY.
Clearly, being an upstanding white guy whose daddy is a former Police Officer..... has its privileges.

4/1 Mom's appointment she made to show lesion and body bruises to the pediatrician office at 5pm, then a few hours later she took him to other ER (where they can do bloodwork.). Mom and Corey got home at 4/2 @ 1:30am, fell asleep, and brought back Corey to Dad's apartment by 8:30-9am on 4/2 after eating breakfast. He walks up to dad's apartment and says bye to mom (caught on cellphone video, audio only.)

4/2 3:40pm that same day, Corey's lifeless body is carried to Southern Ocean Medical Center. He is pronounced dead at 5:03pm.

Nancy Grace doesn't have it straight so I understand the confusion. They keep calling it a Treadmill murder case and that is NOT correct. The murder happened behind closed doors. The abuse is shown in the Treadmill Video..but not the murder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member