NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now defense seems to be suggesting Corey was exposed to pneumonia when BM took him in on the 1st and that is what killed him on the 2nd? I can't be understanding that line of questioning properly?? FGS this man is not only suggesting that Corey died of pneumonia but that that pneumonia was probably gotten from being at the hospital the day before??

FORK PLEASE!

Defense got in one last "Doctor, how many dead children do you...."

State in fast, reminding the Judge that the doctor already testified that she works on living children -- working to keep them living.

Summary: there was no sign of infection "in the boy".

Doctor excused.

Jmo

something being hotly debated by pros and def before calling next witness. Defense asked to approach and right into a sidebar we go.

ETA
We are back, judge looks irritated. Sidebar was about someone (Mr. Costello) snapping a photo of Gregor as jury was filing in. Wants to make sure jurors are not in the shot. Costello assures judge that will not happen and if any jurors appear in shots they will be cropped out as per usual practice.

Now court is recessed (maybe lunch didn't hear whether lunch or just a break).

yes, some of those google searches and their timing would suggest he somehow knew what he was looking for. Exactly how was that?
DOD. Dear old Dad? Who else has strings to pull. He even bragged about reading his son's police report for the marijuana so-called paraphernalia bust. (Note son did not iirc add the "paraphernalia" in his rantings to LEO when stopped and searched.) Question, was it illegal to report autopsy results to cg before it was released to the public? Heck, was it illegal to release it to whomever told CG? I'm not sure, because both parents imo were telling tall tales under oath (we knew he was home on the 4th cuz it was Easter), but didn't dad say they only texted cg on the 3rd, didn't speak to him? Or was it didn't speak with him til later on the 3rd? Those ppl were champions with their obfuscation. Under oath, jury or no.

I guess the prosecution has a reason not to dig into this, but like the cover up (imo) of his illegal attempt to coerce a witness, it bothers me, this stuff the jury will find out....after.

Now defense seems to be suggesting Corey was exposed to pneumonia when BM took him in on the 1st and that is what killed him on the 2nd? I can't be understanding that line of questioning properly?? FGS this man is not only suggesting that Corey died of pneumonia but that that pneumonia was probably gotten from being at the hospital the day before??

FORK PLEASE!
Fork indeed.

That would have been laughable if any of this was funny.

IMO he either didn't understand or tried to commandeer a fact he picked up in the hallway and thought he had a hook.

Pneumonia is described in two ways -- community acquired or hospital acquired. To qualify for the second descriptor one needs to be hospitalized for 48 consecutive hours prior. Not be AT a hospital 48 hours ago. (Not 24 hours either.)

Sheesh.

Corey didn't "catch" Pneumonia from a visit to a hospital. And he didn't "catch" a fatal case of Pneumonia the day before he died. Ludicrous.

Jmo

Last edited:
something being hotly debated by pros and def before calling next witness. Defense asked to approach and right into a sidebar we go.

ETA
We are back, judge looks irritated. Sidebar was about someone (Mr. Costello) snapping a photo of Gregor as jury was filing in. Wants to make sure jurors are not in the shot. Costello assures judge that will not happen and if any jurors appear in shots they will be cropped out as per usual practice.

Now court is recessed (maybe lunch didn't hear whether lunch or just a break).
Yep...going after the jury. imo Why was Mr C allowed to bring in camera?? Who is he?

Thomas P. Costello | Asbury Park Press

for what it is worth. press allowed in the court room know the rules and follow them, else they would quickly lose that privilege. The man is a professional. And it appeared to me that the Defense was the one making a stink about the potential for a photograph having been taken that might show a juror. The judge seemed annoyed not at Mr. Costello, but at defense attorney for making a mountain of a molehill. JMO

Fork indeed.

That would have been laughable if any of this was funny.

IMO he either didn't understand or tried to commandeer a fact he picked up in the hallway and thought he had a hook.

Pneumonia is described in two ways -- community acquired or hospital acquired. To qualify for the second descriptor one needs to be hospitalized for 48 consecutive hours prior. Not be AT a hospital 48 hours ago. (Not 24 hours either.)

Sheesh.

Corey didn't "catch" Pneumonia from a visit to a hospital. And he didn't "catch" a fatal case of Pneumonia the day before he died. Ludicrous.

Jmo
I agree that Corey did not catch his death at the hospital .
Some people really do though .

for what it is worth. press allowed in the court room know the rules and follow them, else they would quickly lose that privilege. The man is a professional. And it appeared to me that the Defense was the one making a stink about the potential for a photograph having been taken that might show a juror. The judge seemed annoyed not at Mr. Costello, but at defense attorney for making a mountain of a molehill. JMO
Freedom of the press. The court has to abide by the rules as well. It IS NOT a privilege it is our right as citizens.
Dont mean to be a thorn and all.All the public displays ..the crime shows ..all the FOIA'S filed across the nation...they matter.

Freedom of the press. The court has to abide by the rules as well. It IS NOT a privilege it is our right as citizens.
Dont mean to be a thorn and all.
I hear you and while freedom of the press is correct, a journalist that doesn't abide by the rules can easily be booted and replaced by others who will. The press is barred from video and photographing in the court room often depending on the trial and on the judge. When they are allowed to do so it is a privilege. and like any it can be lost. Press can still cover and be present at trial without images from the courtroom, with their freedom intact. JMO

I hear you and while freedom of the press is correct, a journalist that doesn't abide by the rules can easily be booted and replaced by others who will. The press is barred from video and photographing in the court room often depending on the trial and on the judge. When they are allowed it is a privilege. and like any it can be lost. Press can still cover an trial without images from the courtroom, with their freedom intact. JMO
All those decisions are legal ones ,with laws already backing them. It is not just about being scolded in court.

So defense pulling at straws.

I noticed at the beginning of day, Mr Gregor sr was hard to read. But, Mario was bent over defense table looking somewhat defeated. Later, was it CG's sister sitting with sr? This has to be hard on CG siblings now learning all the details of what happened to Corey. And not the lies from CG.

And if it is not normal to have a CT scan once a person has died? Especially since Corey had one just before. Why was it done and who wanted it? I can see why defense did not call ME.

So defense pulling at straws.

I noticed at the beginning of day, Mr Gregor sr was hard to read. But, Mario was bent over defense table looking somewhat defeated. Later, was it CG's sister sitting with sr? This has to be hard on CG siblings now learning all the details of what happened to Corey. And not the lies from CG.

And if it is not normal to have a CT scan once a person has died? Especially since Corey had one just before. Why was it done and who wanted it? I can see why defense did not call ME.
it is not typical and also wonder who or what prompted that CT? It is NOT typical in the US. I did a little reading on my lunch break about this topic and found a very interesting article on it. In short it is more prevalent in several other countries but requires special training to know how to properly interpret the imaging. training that is not currently offered here.

A CT scan when someone has died? Why would this help with forensics- unless of course those special precautions were taken. Both docs, Andrew and Feingold seemed to scoff at the idea.

BIGGEST QUESTION IS WHY. WHO WROTE THE ORDER IN THE HOSPITAL TO DO THIS.... WHO PRESSURED THE DOCTOR AT SOUTHERN OCEAN TO WRITE SUCH AN ORDER***? (I heard a doctor's name from Nurse Carnevale but cannot remember it. Why isn't the doctor being brought to the stand!?!??!?!? I heard a foreign last name so I'm a little worried this could be why.)

We already know that Gregor grandpa called the Local POLICE DEPARTMENT to head over to the hospital (sketchy!!), how are the cogs rolling whereby a CT scan is ordered within hours of a 6-year-old's death???

**** while a patient is alive, any "orders"/treatments/tests have to be requested by the doctor in the ER. Nurses follow thru but ultimately. The attending doc has to write the order. (It's now electronic but I remember when it was in a binder.) - when a patient dies in hospital though, I am a little fuzzy on the rules. Can law enforcement pressure such tests?

Last edited:
A CT scan when someone has died? Why would this help with forensics- unless of course those special precautions were taken. Both docs, Andrew and Feingold seemed to scoff at the idea.

BIGGEST QUESTION IS WHY. WHO WROTE THE ORDER IN THE HOSPITAL TO DO THIS.... WHO PRESSURED THE DOCTOR AT SOUTHERN OCEAN TO WRITE SUCH AN ORDER?

Especially since we already know that Gregor grandpa called the Local POLICE DEPARTMENT to head over to the hospital (sketchy!!), how are the cogs rolling whereby a CT scan is ordered??
And how did CG get information on his son's death in one and a half days?? This looks so bad....

@ShadyLady

Not even 1 and a half days!!!!
It was HOURS!!!

Corey died 5pm on 4/2/21!!! The searches below start 22 hours later!!!!

4/3/21 3:14pm
What causes rise in blood sugar and white blood cells

4/3/21 3:55pm
Could internal bleeding raise your blood sugar levels

4/3/21 3:56pm
How does gastrointestinal bleeding happen

4/3/21 4:28pm
How does gastrointestinal bleeding how pong to die

4/3/21 6:55pm
Can a gastrointestinal bleed be slow

@ShadyLady

It was HOURS!!!

These are not normal questions for anyone to google about their child unless they knew to ask them at the time.
As a mother and step mom and friend foster parent of children with complicated medical issues..I have googled random fine detailed questions ,but the elevated blood sugar question kinda makes me feel like he actually tested this poor kids glucose . I wish I could shake it. like nah he aint do that..

Not impressed with the state’s infectious disease expert. This was her first time testifying as an expert and it showed. This is the expert that’s delayed the trial by several days! Not worth it imo. JMO

@ShadyLady

It was HOURS!!!

Thanks for that. I remember it was quick, but forgot HOW QUICK!! So he was talking with someone...who and with what phone. Did he pick up a second phone?

I think all this is in the woods, as I think there is already a mountain of evidence to convict CG. But, so much is still missing. IMO

Not impressed with the state’s infectious disease expert. This was her first time testifying as an expert and it showed. This is the expert that’s delayed the trial by several days! Not worth it imo. JMO
OK...never been in a jury, but she seemed credible to me. I liked that she did not make her living testifying for defense cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damnthatsux