NM. 3 Dead in Aztec Hi-School Shooting Dec 7, 2017

What we know about the deadly Aztec High School shooting

[....]

The Navajo Nation initially said that 15 other people were hurt, but state police confirmed there were no other injuries.

WHO WAS THE SHOOTER:

Twenty-one-year-old William Atchinson has been identified as the shooter. Officials said he disguised himself as a student and got onto school grounds.
KOAT-TV

A law enforcement source confirmed to ABC News, that police officers had to shoot through a locked door to enter the school. They found the suspected Atchinson dead, with a 9 mm pistol and multiple loaded magazines were found near him.

[....]

http://www.koat.com/article/what-we-know-about-the-deadly-aztec-high-school-shooting/14380005

This is crazy. A 21 yr old man gains access to a high school, then randomly kills two students. He had legally purchased a gun! How much longer can this go on in our country?

I think this carnage will continue for eons in US - it's what the majority of Americans are willing to put up with. The US is in the process of passing laws to allow guns to freely travel across state lines now - something about yet another infringement on second amendment rights according to the NRA. US lawmakers are busy accommodating or fixing the error.

And bump stocks are legal or almost legal now. The world saw how well they worked from a hotel window in the US - so American lawmakers got busy on making sure they are more widely available - in case one runs across a bad guy with a bump stock I guess.

So yeah, schools and other places that the public gathers in the US should expect to now be shot up by anyone on a road trip with a bump stock. Mass shootings in the US use to appall me, not anymore though - y'all elect people that enact laws to make life more dangerous.

Jmo.

I think this carnage will continue for eons in US - it's what the majority of Americans are willing to put up with. The US is in the process of passing laws to allow guns to freely travel across state lines now - something about yet another infringement on second amendment rights according to the NRA. US lawmakers are busy accommodating or fixing the error.

And bump stocks are legal or almost legal now. The world saw how well they worked from a hotel window in the US - so American lawmakers got busy on making sure they are more widely available - in case one runs across a bad guy with a bump stock I guess.

So yeah, schools and other places that the public gathers in the US should expect to now be shot up by anyone on a road trip with a bump stock. Mass shootings in the US use to appall me, not anymore though - y'all elect people that enact laws to make life more dangerous.

Jmo.

:goodpost:

Fwiw, have never understood the point of advising the FBI or any other level of LE previously investigated someone that shot up a public place. This is not the first time I have seen this info published post carnage and mayhem in the US.

Can't help but wonder - so what? Is someone in LE suppose to guess or anticipate that an individual will lose it in the future and kill as many innocent people as they can in a few moments of terror? Should the family of said individual be more intimately aware that their loved one is likely to do this? Or a neighbor, co-worker, friend?

Should LE start rounding up and locking up anyone that posts about shooting others? Is that the answer? Idk, maybe it is.

What is the true source of the problem? Sometimes it's hard to identify a problem when it's right in front of you - this is the case for many real life situations. Emotions can override one's view. It's easy when one is on the outside looking in though. Jmo.

This was a 21 yr old adult. The thing to really ponder is his note: "Think I'm insane? I'm actually more rational, more peaceful and less loony that a majority of the citizenry of this entire region."

If this is the case, we are in for more.

Things I never thought would happen in my lifetime: police in schools, metal detectors everywhere, airport security, Department of Homeland Security, mass public shootings, shootings in schools. What have we become?

Imo, writing the note did not kill anyone. The reason for writing the note did not kill anyone.

I agree the US is in for more - but not because people are writing notes. There is a more obvious reason that that. Jmo.

For years before William Edward Atchison killed two students and himself, he lived a shadow life online—one full of crude alt-right memes and praise for school shooters.

BEN COLLINS
12.15.17 5:00 AM ET

In real life, William Edward Atchison—people called him Bill—lived in a little yellow house with his parents, about a mile away from the Giant gas station where he worked and from Aztec High School, where he shot and killed two students and then himself last Thursday.

At the murder scene, police found a thumb drive with a note that read, “If things go according to plan, today would be when I die. I go somewhere and gear up, then hold a class hostage and go apeshit, then blow my brains out.”

And yet online, the 21-year-old New Mexico resident lived a prolific life as a white supremacist, pro-Trump meme peddler who was most known for his obsession with school shooters. For a half-decade, Atchison spent most of his days online, repeatedly posting threats of violence and cries for help.

Despite local law enforcement’s claims that he wasn’t a known threat, and a visit from the FBI in 2016, Atchison spent most of the last half-decade glorifying school shooters on alt-right websites and posting plaintive appeals for help in fixing his life, according to hundreds of posts analyzed by The Daily Beast.

On the alt-right forums and hate groups he frequented, Atchison appears to have made many enemies. Despite later becoming a moderator of the site, one of Atchison’s most popular EncyclopediaDramatica accounts, AlGore, was banned from the site for two years when it was labeled as a “troll.”

And in the run-up to the 2016 election, EncyclopediaDramatica users excoriated Atchison for abusing his powers as a SysOp of the site. Users were upset he was appending too many pro-Columbine shooting memes and “****** facebook commentaries” praising Donald Trump on the site’s home page.

Atchison even spread his affinity for school shootings and Nazi ideology in more sanitized parts of the web.

On Steam, an online video game store and community, Atchison used the reviews section to criticize Wolfenstein games, which are set in World War II-era Germany.

“I find this game highly offensive for featuring mass murder against your own race,” he wrote. In another review, he simply wrote, “RIP Hitler.”

And his recent posts reflected what seems to be a migration from trolling to honest espousal of an extreme right-wing political ideology.

In November, Atchison wrote on Steam, “How am I supposed to function in this world? Wherever I go, I see degeneracy. Pointless materialism, hedonism, sexual decay, dirty n**gers who do nothing but slowly break down this society etc. it’s ****ing everywhere. No way to escape it, 99% of people are part of it and whatever I do I am confronted with the death of the West. Go to the store and buy groceries in peace? Nope, here’s a group of LGBT liberal filth in line with you. And there’s a n**ger family with 10 kids over there. And a Finn too, but he’s overweight as **** and he’s buying alcohol and **** junk food. ****ing fantastic.

On YouTube, Atchison admitted he posted anonymously on pro-Trump, white-supremacist sites like 4chan’s /pol/ board or The Daily Stormer, but gave up when domain registrars kept shutting down The Daily Stormer’s domain names. He, along with most of The Daily Stormer’s community, said the sites were “shoa’d,” an anti-Semitic slur.

Atchison had also posted on Blockland.us, a forum for the Minecraft-like multiplayer video game, since 2014. His more than 40 usernames were meant to offend. Almost all were racist or violent by design.

“What we’ve found with these ideologies is that they repeatedly lead to violence. There’s a dual line of radicalization happening,” said Lenz. “To steep yourself in Daily Stormer rhetoric and the sites like it is to put yourself in the headspace of where the violence is when not if.”

In his final days, Atchison used “Sam Hyde” as his display name, the name alt-right users on websites like 4chan and Twitter employ in an effort to dupe the media into sharing false information after mass shootings.

Acting on a tip that Atchison had posted a comment on a gaming forum asking users where he could get “a cheap assault rifle” for a mass shooting, the FBI interviewed him and his family, and ultimately determined that no crime had been committed and closed the investigation.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/new-m...ecret-life-on-pro-trump-white-supremacy-sites

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back