NM NM - Albuquerque, WhtFem 25-35, UP2926, blonde, in motel room, Jun'91

I think Penny could be a possible match for Jane Doe, since she fits everything (age, height, weight, location, among other things).
There are some similarities but in my opinion it’s so sketch that the husband was the last to see her EITHER in California or New Mexico? How do you get that mixed up? Also that they were having marital issues and he was on a trip with another women, sounds like the ol’ husband did it cliche more than it makes sense that she became the Albuquerque Jane doe in my opinion.

@othram

Case suggestion if you have not already received a request.

DNA shows as unavailable but surely there would be something to work with.

Identifiers​

Dentals: Available; natural teeth, impacted wisdom teeth
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Unavailable

View attachment 379515
Thank you! I hope they pick her case up if they haven’t already!

MP Penny Peeler (37) was possibly last seen at a truck stop in Albuquerque, NM a year prior to UID discovery. It’s not out of the question that she could have turned to prostitution and/or drugs after her divorce.

Hair color, eye color and height all the same and weight is very close.

I didn‘t see Penny mentioned previously as a possibility. Also, she is not noted as an exclusion.

Anyone have any thoughts or feedback on Penny?

View attachment 360603View attachment 360604
Here is Penny Yvonne Peeler's thread:

If this lady were identified and ruled a suicide, would there necessarily be an announcement?

Or would law enforcement have the discretion NOT to make an announcement except to the family if her death was not a crime?

I'm not sure how that works.

If this lady were identified and ruled a suicide, would there necessarily be an announcement?

Or would law enforcement have the discretion NOT to make an announcement except to the family if her death was not a crime?

I'm not sure how that works.

In my experience in WS with these type of cases, there should be an announcement that she was ID'd, but not necessarily a revealing of her name if the family wishes to keep it private. JMO.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned - I'm still new around here and getting the hang of stuff.

I took a look at the one lead that LE was willing to disclose and took a look at the potential flights. I found some old flight schedules on DepartedFlights, and according to what I was able to find, there were no flights to ABQ from Burbank at the time this lady would have been leaving CA. I took a look at routes to ABQ from LAX, and between 1989 and October of 1991, only Southwest Airlines was running a direct flight from LAX to ABQ. I know I'm assuming she took a direct route, but I also think that's a reasonable assumption.

DepartedFlights has scans of historic flight itineraries, but they're not very user friendly (i.e: they're scans and you can't use the search function on them) and I haven't had the time to sit down and really dig into them, but they do list what days which flights go out of which airports. It's a long shot, but if the airports AND the airline can be narrowed down, there might be a chance of getting more information: passenger lists, long-time staff who may remember someone, etc.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned - I'm still new around here and getting the hang of stuff.

I took a look at the one lead that LE was willing to disclose and took a look at the potential flights. I found some old flight schedules on DepartedFlights, and according to what I was able to find, there were no flights to ABQ from Burbank at the time this lady would have been leaving CA. I took a look at routes to ABQ from LAX, and between 1989 and October of 1991, only Southwest Airlines was running a direct flight from LAX to ABQ. I know I'm assuming she took a direct route, but I also think that's a reasonable assumption.

DepartedFlights has scans of historic flight itineraries, but they're not very user friendly (i.e: they're scans and you can't use the search function on them) and I haven't had the time to sit down and really dig into them, but they do list what days which flights go out of which airports. It's a long shot, but if the airports AND the airline can be narrowed down, there might be a chance of getting more information: passenger lists, long-time staff who may remember someone, etc.
So I've managed to go through the first page of itineraries from October 1991. There are four routes that go from LAX to ABQ: Southwest flights 339, 535, 537, and 539. None of these had numbers after them (signifying what day of the week they ran), so it's likely they ran on a regular/daily basis.

Obviously, there is a chance that those routes changed prior to May/June 1991, but this was the closest I could get to the relevant time. I'm still going through the second page, and I'll add what I can soon.

Has Tasha Xeavea Miller (MP51560) been excluded? Height, weight, and geographic location (LA county) are a match, and went missing in late '88. She's a little younger than the estimate, though. I can see a passing resemblance in the face (nose and teeth), but I'm not willing to put much confidence in my facial identification.

Has Tasha Xeavea Miller (MP51560) been excluded? Height, weight, and geographic location (LA county) are a match, and went missing in late '88. She's a little younger than the estimate, though. I can see a passing resemblance in the face (nose and teeth), but I'm not willing to put much confidence in my facial identification.
She’s not listed as an exclusion as far as I can tell.

Sorry to keep coming back here, but this is a case I find myself thinking about a lot. Still absurd to me that nobody's identified her.

I was looking at a couple other sites that were discussing this case, and for some reason, a lot of people are fixated on the "George Martinez" writing on the back of the digital scale. To me, it never looked like those two words were supposed to be read together, and the "Martinez" didn't really look like it was actually "Martinez" to me. The T was too stylized; The I is barely legible; the "Z" looks more like a 2.

Then I saw a comment from someone claiming to be a local that mentions a gang in Martinez Town. The post was unclear about if it was also the name of the gang, but it mentioned that the gang was active in the 1990s. Other sources I found while researching organized crime in New Mexico mentions that this gang in Martinez Town dealt with heroin. They found traces of heroin in this woman's body.

Would also explain why nobody's stepped up to identify her too, if she somehow got involved with people affiliated with gangs.

Maybe LE should see who they can talk to who they know were affiliated with gangs back in the late 80s/early 90s?

Current ruleouts per NamUs US (date format):

MP56429
Marilyn Mara
06/01/1990
Kings
NY

MP1364
Debra Frost
07/09/1984
Salt Lake
UT

MP34547
Kelly McCrary
06/08/1991
Madison
IN

MP4528
Elaine Allenbach
03/01/1986
King
WA

MP5308
Melinda Creech
09/05/1979
Madison
IN

MP6787
Darci Warde
04/24/1990
King
WA

MP25578
Jennifer DeLap
01/16/1991
Clackamas
OR

MP5695
Karen Wilson
03/27/1985
Albany
NY

MP14129
Kase Lee
08/28/1982
King
WA

MP658
Ann Riffin
09/13/1982
Mora
NM

MP3253
Diana Braungardt
03/11/1987
Jefferson
MO

MP8368
Margaret Chauncy
10/20/1987
Bowie
TX

MP7870
Rebecca Dunn
05/10/1979
Clark
NV

MP6661
Amanda Slaughter
04/28/1991
Orange
TX

MP974
Patricia Schmidt
06/04/1985
Henrico
VA

MP2413
Tiffany Sessions
02/09/1989
Alachua
FL

Could Dena Viola McHan be a possible match? the physical description seems to match, she would have been 28-29 years old in June 1991.

891DFCA - Dena Viola McHan

Resemblances are there. But the fact that she went missing 10 years prior and (especially) her car never seen again makes me think she had an accident and both are laying in some body of water. An area next to a university, leaving someone's home at 2-3 am.... Drunk driving is a strong possibility and makes an accident even more likely.

Just speculation, not to bash anyone.

Sorry to keep coming back here, but this is a case I find myself thinking about a lot. Still absurd to me that nobody's identified her.

I was looking at a couple other sites that were discussing this case, and for some reason, a lot of people are fixated on the "George Martinez" writing on the back of the digital scale. To me, it never looked like those two words were supposed to be read together, and the "Martinez" didn't really look like it was actually "Martinez" to me. The T was too stylized; The I is barely legible; the "Z" looks more like a 2.

Then I saw a comment from someone claiming to be a local that mentions a gang in Martinez Town. The post was unclear about if it was also the name of the gang, but it mentioned that the gang was active in the 1990s. Other sources I found while researching organized crime in New Mexico mentions that this gang in Martinez Town dealt with heroin. They found traces of heroin in this woman's body.

Would also explain why nobody's stepped up to identify her too, if she somehow got involved with people affiliated with gangs.

Maybe LE should see who they can talk to who they know were affiliated with gangs back in the late 80s/early 90s?

The wording has been playing on my mind. I was also trying to work out what the item was.
For me the words look overwritten so I see George and then the second word is Marine. Over the top of the word Marine is a T or a cross over the I and a Z at the end.
The alternative I see is a faint R at the top of the Z which could make it George Mariner ?

Google hasn’t really provided anything other than Lake George with associated Marine services.

I wonder if the Becca angle is legit or not. It could be her real name, but it could also be a Suzanne Sevakis/Kimberly McLean kind of scenario where she lived under different aliases for whatever reason and "Becca" was one of those aliases.

I wonder if the Becca angle is legit or not. It could be her real name, but it could also be a Suzanne Sevakis/Kimberly McLean kind of scenario where she lived under different aliases for whatever reason and "Becca" was one of those aliases.
At this point, I think the only thing that's going to give her name back is genetic genealogy, but it doesn't look like Albuquerque Police Department is interested or able to pursue it. I think all we can do now is try to keep her case alive. She's been added as a notable unidentified decedent on wikipedia, too. Hopefully that will help.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back