NM - Alexee Trevizo, 19, Charged with murder of newborn in trash can, Artesia, Jan 2023

Part of my feelings about this case in particular are : If Alexee pursues a career where she is caring for people (RN, CNA, Occupational Therapist, etc.); I worry about how she may treat them.

Esp. infants.
What if she's working in a nursery at the hospital, and one of the crying babies makes her angry ?

And imo I also wouldn't want her caring for any elderly or disabled persons !
To throw a live baby into the garbage is an act that should ensure you are never in a position to care for/treat a helpless human being.
Omo.
IMO there's no way she should be in any of these fields. Who would hire her, anyway? There would be an outcry.

IMO there's no way she should be in any of these fields. Who would hire her, anyway? There would be an outcry.
Sad but true, even before the pandemic, the nursing field was in trouble and needing (taking) anybody they could get.

Also - it is a frequent/common thing for nurses to quit and go somewhere else, work, go somewhere else or even back to the previous place. Some nurses will find a place and stay until retirement but some will hop around everywhere or between places.

I'm hoping she doesn't pursue a medical career like everyone else. No matter what excuses, I would be afraid to have her working with any patient.

Sad but true, even before the pandemic, the nursing field was in trouble and needing (taking) anybody they could get.

Also - it is a frequent/common thing for nurses to quit and go somewhere else, work, go somewhere else or even back to the previous place. Some nurses will find a place and stay until retirement but some will hop around everywhere or between places.

I'm hoping she doesn't pursue a medical career like everyone else. No matter what excuses, I would be afraid to have her working with any patient.
There may be more focus on this now because of Nurse Letby and lessons learned in that case. If I were in human resources in the Letby "climate", Trevizo would present all kinds of red flags.

Part of my feelings about this case in particular are : If Alexee pursues a career where she is caring for people (RN, CNA, Occupational Therapist, etc.); I worry about how she may treat them.

Esp. infants.
What if she's working in a nursery at the hospital, and one of the crying babies makes her angry ?

And imo I also wouldn't want her caring for any elderly or disabled persons !
To throw a live baby into the garbage is an act that should ensure you are never in a position to care for/treat a helpless human being.
Omo.
If this girl gets away with murdering her baby and then goes on to any profession that involves care of children or adults, I would hope there’s enough lasting outrage that no one in their right mind would hire her.

Why would it be taking so long before trial? If there was potential validity to defense's position, they would have had time to secure expert witnesses, yes? And from the prosecution end, there must be probably cause, because the case was approved for criminal charges (I dunno if this was by grand jury, or....).

Has she had a change of attorney or anything like that?

Would they be getting electronic data? IMO they didn't grab the relevant phones soon enough. But maybe they have texts where Alexee revealed she was pregnant, and knew about it in advance?

It's been a year since AT was in court and thought it time to pull some records for the upcoming trial. NM does not post the Motions but we can see the Register of Actions (ROA).

During the past 12 months, the defendant did get the Judge replaced and a new case number was assigned. The defense motioned for a change of venue but there's been no Order. Looks like they will quiz the jurors before ruling on this motion.

State of New Mexico v. Alexee Trevizo​

CASE NUMBERCURRENT JUDGEFILING DATECOURT
CASE DETAIL​
D-503-CR-202300159 Shuler-Gray, Jane 05/18/2023 CARLSBAD DISTRICT

PARTY TYPEPARTY DESCRIPTIONPARTY #PARTY NAME
PARTIES TO THIS CASE​
DDefendant1TREVIZO ALEXEE
ATTORNEY: MITCHELL GARY C.
ATTORNEY: 5TH JUD. DIST. PUBLIC DEFENDER
PPlaintiff1STATE OF NEW MEXICO
ATTORNEY: GONZALES ARIANE ROSE

PARTYCOUNTSEQ #STATUTECHARGECLASSCHARGE DATECIT #PLEADISPOSITIONDISP DATE
CRIMINAL CHARGE DETAIL​
D 11 1 30-2-1(A)(1) First Degree Murder (Willful & Deliberate) FC 01/27/2023
D 12 1 30-22-5 Tampering with Evidence (Highest Crime a Capital, First or Second Degree Felony) F3 01/27/2023

HEARING DATEHEARING TIMEHEARING TYPEHEARING JUDGECOURTCOURT ROOM
HEARINGS FOR THIS CASE​
08/26/2024 9:00 AM Jury Trial Shuler-Gray, Jane CARLSBAD DISTRICT COURT Eddy County Courtroom 1
07/22/2024 9:00 AM Pretrial Hearing Shuler-Gray, Jane CARLSBAD DISTRICT COURT Eddy County Courtroom 1
08/22/2023 1:30 PM Motion Hearing Shuler-Gray, Jane CARLSBAD DISTRICT COURT Judge Shuler-Gray's Google Meet

EVENT DATEEVENT DESCRIPTIONEVENT RESULTPARTY TYPEPARTY #AMOUNT
REGISTER OF ACTIONS ACTIVITY​
05/13/2024 FINDINGS & CONCLUSIONS
05/09/2024 NTC: NOTICE D 1
Notice of Demand for In-Person Confrontation and Non-Waiver of Right to Confront
09/12/2023 SEALED DOCUMENT P 1
08/30/2023 ORD: CONDITIONS OF RELEASE
08/30/2023 NTC: NOTICE D 1
Notice of Polygraph Examination and Certificate of Service
08/30/2023 SEALED DOCUMENT
08/23/2023 NTC: HEARING (JURY TRIAL)
8/26/24 @ 9:00 a.m.
08/23/2023 NTC: HEARING (PRETRIAL CONFERENCE)
7/22/24 @ 9:00 a.m.
08/22/2023 TAPE & LOG RECEIPT
08/22/2023, Maria Fuentes Sanchez, Court Room 4
08/17/2023 RESPONSE P 1
State's Response to Defendant's Motion for Change of Venue
08/15/2023 REPLY D 1
ALEXEE J. TREVIZO S REPLY TO RESPONSE OF STATE TO EXERCISE OF PRIVILEGE, MOTION TO SUPPRESS, MOTION FOR PROTECTION ORDER AND PINA V ESPINOZA PROCEDURE DETERMINATION
08/15/2023 REPLY D 1
ALEXEE J. TREVIZO S REPLY TO THE STATE S RESPONSE TO MOTION TO MODIFY CONDITIONS OF RELEASE
08/07/2023 RESPONSE P 1
State's Response to Exercise of Privilege, Motion to Suppress, Motion for Protection Order and Pina V. Espinoza Procedure Determination
08/07/2023 RESPONSE P 1
State's Response to Defendant's Motion to Reconsider Conditions of Release
08/01/2023 SEALED DOCUMENT
07/31/2023 NTC: HEARING (MOTION)
8/22/23 @ 1:30 p.m.
07/31/2023 REQUEST FOR HEARING/ SETTING
Request for Hearing
07/31/2023 MTN: MOTION
MOTION FOR CHANGE OF VENUE, MOTION THAT A DETAILED JURY QUESTIONAIRE BE SUBMITTED TO POTENTIAL JURORS AND MOTION FOR INDIVIDUAL VOIR DIRE
07/31/2023 MTN: to Revoke or Modify Release 5-403 D 1
Motion to Modify Conditions of Release
07/31/2023 MTN: MOTION
MOTION TO TAKE VIDEO DEPOSITION OF DANIEL T. ANDERSON, M.S., D-ABFT-FT, ABC-GKE, FORENSIC TOXICOLOGIST FOR USE AT TRIAL
07/25/2023 MTN: MOTION
MOTION TO TAKE VIDEO DEPOSITION OF DANIEL T. ANDERSON, M.S., D-ABFT-FT, ABC-GKE, FORENSIC TOXICOLOGIST FOR USE AT TRIAL
07/25/2023 WITNESS LIST
Defendant's Witness List
07/25/2023 SEALED DOCUMENT
07/24/2023 MTN: TO SUPPRESS
EXERCISE OF PRIVILEGE, MOTION TO SUPPRESS, MOTION FOR PROTECTIVE ORDER AND PINA V ESPINOZA PROCEDURE DETERMINATION
06/29/2023 NTC: HEARING (JURY TRIAL)
06/29/2023 NTC: HEARING (PRETRIAL CONFERENCE)
06/29/2023 ORD: OF CONTINUANCE
06/28/2023 MTN: FOR CONTINUANCE P 1
for 09/11 PTC and 10/02 JT
05/31/2023 NTC: HEARING (JURY TRIAL)
05/31/2023 NTC: HEARING (PRETRIAL CONFERENCE)
05/30/2023 WAIVER OF ARRAIGNMENT
05/23/2023 NTC: HEARING (ARRAIGNMENT)
05/22/2023 JDG: NOTICE OF JUDGE ASSIGNMENT
CASE REASSIGNMENT
05/19/2023 REQUEST FOR COPY OF TAPES/CD/AUDIO D 1
PD Tape Request
05/19/2023 DISCLOSURE REQUEST D 1
Notice of Discovery Demand
05/19/2023 ENTRY OF APPEARANCE
Entry of Appearance
05/19/2023 JDG: JUDGE EXCUSAL/PEREMPTORY CHALLENGE P 1
05/19/2023 NTC: REQUEST/ DEMAND FOR DISCOVERY P 1
05/19/2023 DEMAND FOR ALIBI P 1
05/19/2023 DISCLOSURE P 1
05/19/2023 WITNESS LIST P 1
05/18/2023 OPN: CRIMINAL INFORMATION / COMPLAINT

12/26/23

CARLSBAD, N.M. — Alexee Trevizo, 19, has court dates currently set for 2024 for charges of murder in the first degree, also known as abuse of a child resulting in death and tampering with evidence.

If you may remember, on January 27, 2023, the Artesia Police Department were called to the Artesia General Hospital Emergency Room and once they arrived, began an investigation about an unattended newborn baby.

[..]

According to New Mexico court documents, Trevizo has a pretrial hearing on July 22, 2024, in the 5th Judicial Court in Carlsbad, NM. Her jury trial is set for August 26, 2024 in the same court. These dates are subject to change.

NewsWest 9 will keep you updated on the hearings once it gets closer to the dates.

5/23/2023

Bond was set Tuesday at $100,000 for an Artesia woman who prosecutors say killed her newborn baby boy when she put him into a bag which she then placed at the bottom of a trash can.

[..]

In addition to the bond, Trevizo must attend weekly counseling sessions and not leave her residence between the hours of 7 p.m. and 7 a.m. pending trial. The case on Tuesday was also bound over to 5th Judicial District Court for eventual trial and resolution.

Bond Conditions for Pretrial Release

The Wrongful Death Lawsuit filed last July was stayed October 2023.

Arthur Bustos v. Heather Marshall Vaskas, M.D., et. al.​

CASE NUMBERCURRENT JUDGEFILING DATECOURT
CASE DETAIL​
D-412-CV-202300260 Aragon, Abigail 07/26/2023 LAS VEGAS DISTRICT

PARTY TYPEPARTY DESCRIPTIONPARTY #PARTY NAME
PARTIES TO THIS CASE​
DDefendant1VASKAS, M.D. HEATHER MARSHALL
DDefendant2ARTESIA SPECIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT
ATTORNEY: MARTIN WILFRED T.
PPlaintiff1BUSTOS ARTHUR
ATTORNEY: RICHARDS DAMON C.
PRPersonal Representative1BUSTOS ARTHUR
ATTORNEY: RICHARDS DAMON C.

COMPLAINT DATECOMPLAINT SEQ #COMPLAINT DESCRIPTIONDISPOSITIONDISPOSITION DATE
COA SEQUENCE #COA DESCRIPTION
PARTY NAMEPARTY TYPEPARTY #
CIVIL COMPLAINT DETAIL​
07/26/2023 1 OPN: COMPLAINT
1 Miscellaneous
07/26/2023 2 OPN: COMPLAINT
1 Miscellaneous
07/26/2023 3 OPN: COMPLAINT
1 Medical Malpractice
07/26/2023 4 OPN: COMPLAINT
1 Miscellaneous
07/26/2023 5 OPN: COMPLAINT
1 Other Damages
07/26/2023 6 OPN: COMPLAINT
1 Other Damages
07/26/2023 7 OPN: COMPLAINT
1 Loss of Consortium

EVENT DATEEVENT DESCRIPTIONEVENT RESULTPARTY TYPEPARTY #AMOUNT
REGISTER OF ACTIONS ACTIVITY​
12/20/2023 SUMMONS RETURN P 1
Summons Return: The Artesia Special Hospital was served with summons and complaint was served on 9/20/23
12/20/2023 SUMMONS RETURN P 1
Summons Returned; Amy Marquez the person in charge at the actual place was served with summons and complaint on 9/20/23
10/30/2023 ENTRY OF APPEARANCE D 2
Entry of Appearance
10/24/2023 ORD: SUSPEND/STAY PROCEEDING
Order Granting Defendant Heather Marshall Vaskas, M.D.'s Unopposed Motion to Stay Proceedings Against Her
10/23/2023 MTN: MOTION D 1
Defendant Heather Marshall Vaskas, M.D.'s Unopposed Motion to Stay Proceedings
10/13/2023 ENTRY OF APPEARANCE D 1
Entry of Appearance; Hinkle Shanor, LLP Enters their Appearance on Behalf of the Defendant
09/19/2023
Issued to Artesia Special Hospital District (blc)
09/19/2023
Issued to Heather Marshall Vaskas, MD (blc)
08/09/2023 JURY DEMAND 12 PERSON P 1
Demand for Jury Trial
07/31/2023 AMENDED/MODIFIED P 1
First Amended Complaint for Wrongful Death and Punitive Damages
07/26/2023 OPN: COMPLAINT P 1
Complaint for Wrongful Death and Punitive Damages

Is anybody else wondering if AT shows up for her trial pregnant? Another site has her looking much larger than May 2023.
I saw a few photos and I agree. I one hundred percent think she is pregnant. I had no idea the judge took the no pregnancy order off.
If she is, I feel just awful, not one stable adult in their entire lives.

I saw a few photos and I agree. I one hundred percent think she is pregnant. I had no idea the judge took the no pregnancy order off.
If she is, I feel just awful, not one stable adult in their entire lives.

I don't think this is correct. I believe any Order on the subject of AT's reproductive rights would be illegal, and think any idea she was prohibited from pregnancy may have come from the suggestion AT be under a no contact Order with her baby daddy.

We know the Judge ruled Domestic Violence for for no contact Order with the baby daddy did not apply here, and why the Court granted she be allowed to attend University in person. Previously, she was restricted to virtual classes after the Court learned that the baby daddy was said to also be attending the University.

To my knowledge, her pretrial bail release includes weekly counseling, and a home curfew maintained. IMO, I think she's been given every opportunity to get and stay on track.

And if she thinks getting pregnant will keep her from being prosecuted and/or convicted, she just needs to look up Elizabeth Holmes! JMO

I don't think this is correct. I believe any Order on the subject of AT's reproductive rights would be illegal, and think any idea she was prohibited from pregnancy may have come from the suggestion AT be under a no contact Order with her baby daddy.

We know the Judge ruled Domestic Violence for for no contact Order with the baby daddy did not apply here, and why the Court granted she be allowed to attend University in person. Previously, she was restricted to virtual classes after the Court learned that the baby daddy was said to also be attending the University.

To my knowledge, her pretrial bail release includes weekly counseling, and a home curfew maintained. IMO, I think she's been given every opportunity to get and stay on track.

And if she thinks getting pregnant will keep her from being prosecuted and/or convicted, she just needs to look up Elizabeth Holmes! JMO
You are correct. It was struck down or only talked about...I jumped the gun. I have not been keeping up so I didn't know. Good call out

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko
Back