GUILTY NM - Alexis Avila, 18, caught on camera tossing newborn into dumpster, Hobbs, Jan 2022

I hope she is never allowed to be anywhere near that baby. I realize she probably won’t get any jail time but I wish she would.

Agree. By not giving her jail any jail time , it feels like it is sending a message to the rest of the country to go ahead and dispose of your child if it is inconvenient.

I am normally a person that will TRY to find sympathy or empathy for a person when it is due.

I watched the entire police interview with this woman. She knew what she was doing. She was not 12 years old. She was not a victim of a sexual assault. She made it clear that she was engaged in an 18 month relationship with a younger male and consensual sex happened at least periodically if not often . She made a statement that was something along the lines of " I can't say exactly when I got pregnant because we were having sex. " Not those exact words , but something like it.

She needs to be held accountable , even if its less than what some of us would like. She attempted to murder her child. She is an adult. She knew she was pregnant. She knew that throwing a helpless baby away like garbage would likely result in his death.

AMOO JMO MOO

No update on felony murder

Willful:

Hearings for this Case
Hearing Date Hearing Time Hearing Type Hearing Judge Court Court Room
02/28/2022 1:00 PM PRELIMINARY HEARING Shoobridge, William G. W. LOVINGTON DISTRICT COURT Lea County Courtroom 3

01/12/2022 2:30 PM ARRAIGNMENT Shoobridge, William G. W. LOVINGTON DISTRICT COURT Lea County Courtroom 3

link: Stale Session

is there ANYONE who has watched that video that actually believes her story? She started off with the little girl voice, then that dropped off. This was calculated, planned and she KNEW she was pregnant. And i doubt very much her mother is NOT involved in this. Freaking ridiculous. Not one ounce of sympathy from me.
Iirc, from an article her friends said she'd talked about the pregnancy and didn't seem upset about it ?

Teen mom who tossed baby in dumpster told baby's father she'd miscarried | Daily Mail Online
But one of Avila's school friends at Hobbs High School, who declined to be named but has known her since freshman year, told DailyMail.com that the new mom first mentioned she was pregnant last fall.
'I heard her talk about being pregnant around late September, early October,' she said.
'She never expressed that it was a bad thing that she was pregnant.'
The teen (bio dad), who attended Hobbs High School with Avila, has called his son Saul and is reportedly asking for custody of his son. The baby is currently with the New Mexico Children, Youth & Families Department. (Bolding mine)

One would like to think that with help from his parents that the bio dad could care for the little one ?

Fitting words at the close of this article :

Alexis Avila: Teen mother says she didn’t know she was pregnant and panicked before throwing baby in dumpster | The Independent
Mr Imbriale said he has “no words” for the “evil” actions: “I can’t sleep at night just knowing that this baby was just tossed in a dumpster like that. I’m sorry but who does that? That is evil. I don’t have words for it,” he said.

Horrifying moment 18-year-old mother tosses her newborn baby into a dumpster | Daily Mail Online

This baby boy could have so easily perished.
Imo the egg donor was let off too easily by being allowed house arrest until her arraignment.

It gives her time to prepare a story with her parent's and a lawyer's help; without those pesky jail calls that are recorded.

18-year-old mother confesses to leaving baby in New Mexico dumpster, police say

New Mexico woman defends teen daughter accused of throwing baby in dumpster

the mother of the woman accused of abandoning him is telling reporters, "Everybody makes mistakes."

No, it wasn't.
This was not a mistake.
She knew full well the baby could die by the time he was found.
Knew, and committed this crime anyway.

There are no words to describe such cruelty.

A new baby is such a precious gift.
If you don't want to keep him., there are many people who would be willing to love this tiny miracle !

Imbriale's surveillance video shows a woman tossing a garbage bag into a dumpster and a group of people finding a baby inside almost six hours later.
"She's trying to defend her daughter, why doesn't she stop shouting her mouth off and take ownership of how she raised her daughter," Imbriale told Fox News Digital Tuesday. "Stop trying to protect her now. You screwed up, you raised a terrible daughter."

Imbriale does not mince words.
Good for him.

36∘ F. That baby could have so easily died of hypothermia. His egg donor did not care.
Imo.

No update on felony charge.

Docket update:
Willful:

Event Date Event Description Event Result Party Type Party # Amount
02/25/2022 MTN: MOTION
to Allow Remote Medical Testimony for the Preliminary Hearing

02/23/2022 WITNESS LIST
Fourth Amended

02/22/2022 NTC: Hearing (Preliminary)
02/28/2022 @ 1:00 PM

Monday, February 28th:
*Preliminary Hearing (willful & deliberate) (@ 1pm MT) - NM - Saul, newborn (Jan. 7, 2022 found in dumpster behind Rig Outfitters Jan. 2022, Hobbs; newborn is in stable condition at Lubbock hospital) - *Alexis Nicole Avila (18) arrested & charged (1/8/22) & arraigned (willful) (1/12/22) with attempt to commit a felony, to wit: 1st degree murder (Felony Murder) & attempt to commit a felony, to wit: 1st degree murder (Willful & Deliberate).
Case info & court info from 1/7/22 thru 1/12/22 reference post #62 here:
NM - Alexis Avila, 18, caught on camera tossing newborn into dumpster, Hobbs, Jan 2022

1/21/22: Willful: Motion for Joinder. Felony: Request for copy of tapes/CD/audio. 1/24/22: Willful: Order of joinder. 1/24/22: Willful: Order: Joinder. 1/26/22: Appearance of co-counsel M. Probasco & C. Dillon. Willful: Next preliminary hearing on 2/2/22. 1/27/22: Witness list-2nd amended. Felon: No update as of 2/2/22, last hearing was 1/12/22. 1/31/22: Willful: Witness list-3rd amended. Motion for continuance-granted. Preliminary hearing on 2/2/22 vacated.
2/14/22 Update: Willful: Next preliminary hearing on 2/28/22. 2/23/22; Witness list-4th amended. 2/25/22: Motion to allow remote medical testimony for the preliminary hearing.

Good. From your link:

State prosecutors on Monday filed charges of attempted first-degree murder and child abuse against an 18-year-old Hobbs woman accused of throwing her newborn baby into a trash container two months ago.
New Mexico Attorney General Hector Balderas announced Monday that Avila was being “bound-over on the crimes of attempted first degree murder and child abuse resulting in great bodily harm.”

It was unclear Monday if Avila has a lawyer yet who can speak on her behalf.

or willful charge & could be for new murder charges per 3/3 info below re grand jury info

Register of Actions Activity
03/03/2022 EXHIBIT RECEIPT

03/03/2022 AMENDED CRIMINAL INFORMATION/AMENDED GRAND JURY INFORMATION

03/03/2022 NTC: HEARING (ARRAIGNMENT)
March 14, 2022 Arraignment

03/01/2022 ORD: Bind-Over Order

Hearings for this Case
03/14/2022 9:00 AM ARRAIGNMENT Sanchez, Mark LOVINGTON DISTRICT COURT Lea County Courtroom 1

02/28/2022 1:00 PM PRELIMINARY HEARING Shoobridge, William G. W. LOVINGTON DISTRICT COURT Lea County Courtroom 3

Hey, think of it -- the little guy is now old enough to smile & laugh maybe, his eyes will follow grown-ups watching what they do!

His schedule may have settled down, the family where he lives may be getting more sleep now.

Yeah, tough little guy!

jmho ymmv lrr

Case #D-506-CR-202200013

Willful charge - docket update:

Looks like they changed the "charge" from "willful & Deliberate" attempted murder to Intentional or Recklessly abuse of a child.

Party Count Seq # Statute Charge Class Charge Date Cit # Plea Disposition Disp Date
D 1 1 3 30-28-1 & 30-2-1(A)( Abuse of a Child (Results in Great Bodily Harm) Intentional or Recklessly F1 01/07/2022

03/08/2022 REQUEST FOR COPY OF TAPES/CD/AUDIO

03/07/2022 WAIVER OF ARRAIGNMENT

03/14/2022 9:00 AM ARRAIGNMENT Sanchez, Mark LOVINGTON DISTRICT COURT Lea County Courtroom 1

and no movement on case #D-506-PD-202200003:

Party Count Seq # Statute Charge Class Charge Date Cit # Plea Disposition Disp Date
D 1 1 1 30-28-1 & 30-2-1(A)( Attempt to Commit a Felony, to wit: First Degree Murder (Felony Murder) F2 01/07/2022

They might have joined this case with the new one above. I know there were motions for this joinder.

Monday, March 14th:
*Arraignment Hearing (abuse) (@ 9am MT) - NM - Saul, newborn (Jan. 7, 2022 found in dumpster behind Rig Outfitters Jan. 2022, Hobbs; newborn is in stable condition at Lubbock hospital) - *Alexis Nicole Avila (18) arrested & charged (1/8/22) & arraigned (willful) (1/12/22) with attempt to commit a felony, to wit: 1st degree murder (Felony Murder) & attempt to commit a felony, to wit: 1st degree murder (Willful & Deliberate) was changed (3/1/22) to abuse of a child (results in great bodily harm) intentional or recklessly. Plead not guilty to previous willful & deliberate charge on 1/12/22. On house-arrest.
*Charged (2/28/22) with abuse of a child (results in great bodily harm) intentional or recklessly.
Case info & court info from 1/7/22 thru 1/31/22 reference post #86 here:
NM - Alexis Avila, 18, caught on camera tossing newborn into dumpster, Hobbs, Jan 2022

2/14/22 Update: Willful: Next preliminary hearing on 2/28/22. 2/23/22: Witness list-4th amended. 2/25/22: Motion to allow remote medical testimony for the preliminary hearing. No movement on felony attempt charge as of 1/12/22. 2/28/22 Update: ORDER: On State of New Mexico's unopposed motion to allow remote medical testimony for the preliminary hearing.
2/28/22 Update: Willful: New Mexico Attorney General Hector Balderas announced Monday that Avila was being “bound-over on the crimes of attempted first degree murder & child abuse resulting in great bodily harm.” 3/1/22: Order: Bound over. 3/3/22: Amended Criminal information/amended Grand Jury info. 3/1/22: Charges were changed to Abuse of a child (results in great bodily harm) intentional or recklessly. Arraignment hearing on 3/14/22 for this charge. No movement on the Felony attempt charges, might have been joined with abuse of child charges.

No docket update.

Hearings for this Case
07/12/2022 9:00 AM Pretrial Conference Shoobridge, William G. W. LOVINGTON DISTRICT COURT Lea County Courtroom 3

guessing she plead not guilty....

She could have 'dumped him' at a fire station or a hospital, with no questions asked----and no charges against her because it is a safe, legal way to protect your child, even if you don't want to care for him/her.

From the Daily Mail article:

Imbriale told KRQE that the video recording included five hours of footage showing unsuspecting people 'dumping trash on this baby.'

The footage shows Avila driving into the parking lot in a white sedan and throwing a black garbage bag - containing her newborn - in it, before driving off and abandoning the child.

More footage shows the moment the child was rescued after people apparently heard the newborn's cries.

Thank goodness for those cameras...

That poor baby!!

I don’t understand the sympathy for this woman. Yes woman she is a adult. No matter her upbringing or lack of one why anyone would feel for her us beyond. She commited attempted murder. Would there be anyone feeling for her if the child was 6 months, 2 , 3? 14 , 15 , 16 year olds who have no support manage to have a baby and be a rational human being and not just throw away the “problem”. She should be locked up imo. What a lesson she’s learning. The way she was so casual about showing no compassion for that baby let alone HER OWN baby ! I think maybe she needs to put in for mental health care. There is clearly something wrong with her mental state. If that were where she was I would be ok with it. But nope she attempted to take a human life and we saw it on tape. Let’s just let her walk house arrest or not she’s not where she should be. This is a joke , first miss Brooke skyler what ever she wants to go by, gets to just walk. I watched that trial and I was sickened. Imo she was a little entitled brat. Spoiled her entire life and zero justice was served for that baby girl. I have so much more to say but I’m putting myself in time out on this one.

Docket update - hearing date stays the same as above.

vent Date Event Description Event Result Party Type Party # Amount
03/15/2022 ORD: SCHEDULING/PRETRIAL ORDER

03/14/2022 AUDIO LOG NOTES
No Pleading Filed/Liz Garcia, Official Court Monitor/Courtroom 1

03/08/2022 REQUEST FOR COPY OF TAPES/CD/AUDIO

03/07/2022 WAIVER OF ARRAIGNMENT

Haven’t been here in a while but do we know who has baby Saul? Is it his fathers family? This whole case makes me sick. Heartless. I don’t understand when I hear of these stories. I just cannot relate or understand.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back