Identified! NM - Doña Ana, WhtFem 16-20, UP8314, Wilson sweatshirt, pink fingernails, Mar'85 - Dorothy Harrison

Identified as 16 year old Dorothy Harrison. Live feed below.

1660076513569.png

Last edited:
This was on our local news station in Kansas City. Basically say the same thing y'all have been saying.

WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) — A homicide victim found 37 years ago in New Mexico has been identified as a missing Wichita teenager. On Tuesday, authorities with the Doña Ana County Sheriff’s Office said the victim is 16-year-old Dorothy Harrison. It took DNA to finally make the connection.

Now that they know her name and have talked to her family in Kansas, New Mexico investigators have been able to piece together some of what happened to the teenager.

They learned that Harrison left her home in Wichita on Jul. 25, 1984. Her family reported her missing. When she was last seen, she was getting into a vehicle described as a big, tan, long car. Two unknown females picked her up.

“Dorothy was a typical teenager; she was only 16 years old when this horrific crime happened to her. Like most teens she was sometimes unhappy at home and easily influenced. She left home with some people she thought were her friends and we never saw her again. The news of her death is devastating and even though this crime happened over 30 years ago, to our family, it is new and incredibly difficult information to process. We have so many unanswered questions and are hopeful that the continued investigation will be able to provide some of those answers. We ask that you give us this time to grieve and request any questions or information about Dorothy’s murder be sent to Doña Ana County Sheriff Kim Stewart.”

While I am glad that she has been identified, does anybody still think that she could be a victim of David Parker ray?

@othram ? Is this the one you are announcing this week that you mentioned on social media?

Emporia, Va. (August 2022) – Innovative Forensic Investigations, an investigative genetic genealogy firm providing services to law enforcement nationwide, were part of a team announcing the identity of a 32-year-old unidentified decedent found in the desert area of Doña Ana County, New Mexico in a press conference today.
BBM

When was Dorothy Harrison born? And do we really not have the killer’s DNA? Why do most of these Doe homicide cases never have the killer’s DNA?

Authorities learned Dorothy traveled to Los Angeles during the 1984 Summer Olympics and called her family in August 1984, saying she was in Los Angeles. Her family later spoke with her when she was in El Paso, Texas, sometime in August or early September 1984. Dorothy told her family that she intended to return to Witchita, Kansas, but she never arrived.

Rest peacefully now Dorothy.

When was Dorothy Harrison born? And do we really not have the killer’s DNA? Why do most of these Doe homicide cases never have the killer’s DNA?

The Doe cases pre-1990 or so were first investigated in the pre-DNA era. Sometimes, the killer’s DNA can still be found, for example, when the victim’s garments were stained with the killer’s body fluids, and were kept in the hope of an eventual trial.

But DNA collection techniques have greatly improved in the decades since DNA was first used in court cases. Personally, I’m always amazed when they DO find a killer in these old cases.

I'm Italian and I live in Italy, sometimes I don't understand American culture: here in Italy no one would ever dream of letting a teenage girl go around the country alone... it is also true that you are of legal age before...RIP DOROTHY!

Well, same for me & the people I know.

Kids do run away, but the way this family talks about young Dorothy is unusual imho.

jmho ymmv lrr

They found her skeletal remains, so any killer DNA would very likely already be gone by the time she was found.

Well, same for me & the people I know.

Kids do run away, but the way this family talks about young Dorothy is unusual imho.

jmho ymmv lrr
This imo translates into "she had some reasons to keep running away but we have no reason to disclose that to the public".

They shouldn't worry about it - at least judging by the amount of support, empathy and understanding declared towards "parents" who straight up admitted to kicking their underage kids out of the house, not long before those kids got murdered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back