NM - 10-month old baby ET safe after 5yo child injured, mother and friend murdered, suspect in maroon Honda, Clovis, 3 May 2024 *suspect in custody*

Someone with rage and/or someone who felt they couldn’t afford to leave a witness.
When thinking about the latter, a 5-year-old is a very useful witness for someone she recognizes, but not very much so with a stranger (abstract thinking and related takes time to develop).
When thinking about rage, once again, first thought is something personal.
But - the partners are ruled out and there is still no suspect.

So what are we left with? Either someone the 5-year-old knows that is not one of the partners that has been ruled out.
Or someone irrationally angry due to drugs.

I don't want to sound sexist, but either way it feels to me that most likely a POI would be a man, and a younger man. I think the aspect of shooting a toddler makes me feel this way, somehow. Not because "a women would never do it", but to risk attacking someone when there is 2 adults and a toddler? Using a gun. And quite successfully, unfortunately. Shooting a (probably) "just happened to be there" bystander (whichever of the women in was, unsure). Shooting a 5-year-old. All of them together kinda point to a fit and angry younger male in my head, any of them alone is meh, but combined... Just thinking out loud for now, as we lack info.

The fathers of both children have been working with the investigation team, police said at the news conference.

At the scene, officers also discovered “an infant car seat, an infant stroller and a small baby bottle at the scene,” and began searching for a young child, police said.

<modsnip>

“I promise that the FBI will be with Clovis until we find ET, and we find the individual or individuals responsible for these horrific acts,” Raul Bujanda, special agent in charge of the FBI Albuquerque Division, said during the news conference.

from: A missing New Mexico infant has been found and a suspect in her disappearance is in custody, FBI says

Last edited by a moderator:
The puppies were still there.
Thnx. Was hoping this might be an avenue to find the child.

So 2 dead, 1 almost dead, puppies left, 10 month old missing. Nothing taken. Not a robbery. Only thing missing is a child. But car seat left behind.

I could imagine the 10 month old out of the vehicle with everybody getting ready to have lunch when the murderers arrived. They do the deed, just grab the child and run.

Thinking more than 1 assailant. One to drive and 1 with child in her/his lap. Hoping some tire tracks were left.

Sure sounds to me that the 10 month old was the target for sure.

MOO

So 2 dead, 1 almost dead, puppies left, 10 month old missing. Nothing taken. Not a robbery. Only thing missing is a child. But car seat left behind.

I could imagine the 10 month old out of the vehicle with everybody getting ready to have lunch when the murderers arrived. They do the deed, just grab the child and run.

Thinking more than 1 assailant. One to drive and 1 with child in her/his lap. Hoping some tire tracks were left.

MOO
I trust LE is collecting CCTV from their last stops in case this was an abduction/crime of opportunity. Saw the little girl at the store, followed them. It does sound targeted which, while frightening, gives the best odds the baby is still alive. Somebody wanted her bad enough.

Will the five year old be able to fill in some blanks?

MOO
I do agree that abducting ET was the likely motive for this attack. If the motive was robbery, why wouldn't they steal the possibly expensive puppies? If it was any other motive, why was ET abducted?

It's also to be noted that they specifically felt that some or all the victims, even a small child, would be able to identify them. This makes me suspicious that the victims knew the attacker(s) in some way. Since the fathers of both girls are unlikely suspects, maybe police should look at more distant relatives or friends.

I'm not sure if the attacker(s)' motive for abducting ET is one that will more than likely result in a good outcome for this baby's safety. A common motive for the abduction of a baby is for the abductor(s) to raise the baby as their own. This seems unlikely in this case, as this type of motive doesn't usually result in homicide, especially of a small child.

The biggest mystery in this case for me, other than the attacker(s)' identity, is the motive for ET's abduction.

In the article linked in post 55, the Deputy Police Chief is quoted as saying that the family has requested that no updates on the 5yo's condition be released to the public. I believe that it is understandable that they would not want the person(s) responsible to know the status of her condition. The killer(s) probably thought that she was dead, and now they know she is alive, but don't know how fully she might recover or if she will have any memory of what happened. I think that after being shot in the head, that if she survives, it is likely that she won't remember what happened -- but we don't know that, for sure, and neither do the monster(s) who caused this horror -- and it is best that they don't know.

I am so happy my words that this baby wouldn't be found safe were crushed within an hour! Hoping her sister makes a full recovery so they can at least be together.

The baby's discovery was quite fast, considering the seemingly scarce details regarding potential suspects. Makes me more suspicious that the abductor was family or a family friend.

Perplexing. I hope that there are some cameras in the area. Or some information about who the perpetrator could be. Especially since two people were killed during the kidnapping. Hopefully, the other child will be okay.
Very perplexing. Who kills two women and shoots a 5-year-old child, abducts a 10-month-old child, and leaves both women's purses and 5 potentially valuable puppies behind? If I understand correctly, the children's fathers have been cooperative and there are no suspects. I am particularly puzzled by the fact that the older child was shot and the younger abducted, which seems somewhat inconsistent with child trafficking.

Time to think outside of the box until more information becomes available. Did either one of the women have a stalker or a spurned lover? Are there known gangs in the area?

Very perplexing. Who kills two women and shoots a 5-year-old child, abducts a 10-month-old child, and leaves both women's purses and 5 potentially valuable puppies behind? If I understand correctly, the children's fathers have been cooperative and there are no suspects. I am particularly puzzled by the fact that the older child was shot and the younger abducted, which seems somewhat inconsistent with child trafficking.

Time to think outside of the box until more information becomes available. Did either one of the women have a stalker or a spurned lover? Are there known gangs in the area?
To your question about a stalker or a spurned lover, there was a case a few years back where the babysitter took off with the child. The name escapes me at the moment. MOO

ETA: GUILTY - VA- Jiraiya Cherry, 3 months, found safe, Newport News, 4 Feb 2021 *Arrest*

There is the possibility that the 5 year old was not targeted in the shooting and was shot accidentally. Once the child was shot, the suspect may have presumed she was dead and took the baby and high tailed it out of there

thank god!!!! I am so happy to hear the news.

The perp either had a car seat ready to take this kid or took a chance with her in their lap, or an accomplice held her? Idk but it seems that if a suspect is in custody then the police must have had some CCTV footage or tips from family/friends.

Now that I’m thinking about this…I wonder if the women were followed to the park? My understanding is that all three victims were found laying outside the car, correct?

It truly amazes me that people in this day and age with the internet and latest technology, they still can’t control their compulsion to kill for their selfish desires. Perhaps many criminals expect they’ll either get away with it by the case going cold, or that there won’t be enough direct evidence to implicate them…but I’m at the point lately where I think people just don’t care if they get away with it anymore.

I truly hope the 5 year old pulls through with a speedy recovery and she’s not put through a lengthy trial.

I spent the morning searching online around the area of the park/drive thru/looking for the dollar store trying to figure out the path they took. I did see a gun/shooting range ( 2 actually) less then 10 miles from the park so my head was thinking a crime of opportunity however now I'm thinking someone could have reported a person who all of a sudden showed up with a baby? Agree with above, could be someone who knows the mom and knew that baby would be with her. IMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back