NM NM - Holly Alcott White, 49, Taos, 5 May 2016

dotr

Reaction score
Regarding the car that was apparently seen at Holly's house on the morning she went missing, Do they know if Holly had any connection to Colorado?
Could this in some way be connected to selling the house?
rbbm. imo, speculation.
May 20 2016
Holly White’s husband speaks out: ‘I was a suspect right off the bat. I expected that.’

Jeff and Holly White
''Before the raft search took place, river rafters had found a shoe floating among debris in the river, and state police said it was Holly White’s size. It was a black mesh Sketcher shoe with a Velcro strap, not a river rafting shoe, but a woman’s comfort shoe.
Cynthia Arvidson, the friend who originally reported White as missing, said it could have been hers. Jeff White said that Arvidson showed him another pair of Holly’s shoes that were like the one found in the river, but in a different color. He thinks someone parked the car at the gorge as a decoy and threw the shoe over the bridge to sidetrack police.''

Some say, with the couple’s house on the market, it is possible the keys were more accessible to others than usual.

“A neighbor came and said how sorry he was, but told me there was a black Toyota Solara with Colorado plates [at the residence] Thursday morning (May 5),” said White. “He noticed it at 7 a.m. Thursday morning.”

''White added that he learned there were two men who exited from the gorge on May 6, and as of May 17, he said state police hadn’t yet interviewed them.''

We had a closing date of May 20, but I can’t sell it without her signature.''

Laughing

Reaction score
Taos is about an hour drive from the Colorado line.

Would be nice to know more about the black Solara:

upload_2020-6-26_18-9-37.jpeg

image from cars.com

ChatteringBirds

Reaction score
Bumping for Holly.
It sounds like planned abduction / staging, IMO.

I'd like to know:
- How much did her husband search for her? Did he show concern for her well-being?
- Was her vehicle processed, and did they recover any fingerprints, hair, etc? Was it wiped clean?
- What do her relatives think happened?
- What does her friend she walked with every weekday think happened?

There are quite a few photos of her on her CP page:
Holly Alcott White – The Charley Project

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score

ChatteringBirds

Reaction score
The article posted above says she had some secrets, including debt.
If true, maybe that changes the likelihood of what happened.

Disappearance of New Mexico woman still a mystery five years after her car was found at the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge

I still also think she could have been victimized, probably by someone she knew, and the scene could have been staged, though.

But I wonder - why stage it? Why risk leaving behind prints and DNA in the car?

I hope this speculation isn't hurtful.
I hope the truth will come to light soon for her family.

RBC69

Reaction score
The article posted above says she had some secrets, including debt.
If true, maybe that changes the likelihood of what happened.

Disappearance of New Mexico woman still a mystery five years after her car was found at the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge

I still also think she could have been victimized, probably by someone she knew, and the scene could have been staged, though.

But I wonder - why stage it? Why risk leaving behind prints and DNA in the car?

I hope this speculation isn't hurtful.
I hope the truth will come to light soon for her family.
I appreciate you saying you hope the speculation isn't hurtful. I think so often we (and I include myself in this) speculate and don't think about how it's affecting loved ones. I see people casually throw out theories about who did it without any real evidence.
Unfortunately, until she's found I don't think we'll ever know. If she was a suicide, the body's never been found even with an extensive search and if she's been murdered this case has had a lot of eyes on it and very little has turned up.