NM Missing/Murdered - linked to West Mesa?

Discussion in 'West Mesa Serial Murders' started by the seeker, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Rojofox

Rojofox New Member

Absolutely. This was written in 2019, we know who those women are. Why are they listed as Jane Does?

2. Rojofox

Rojofox New Member

Hi Seeker!!!! I don't know if you're still active on here but I have been tracking the same danged thing. So many women are going missing, and are still missing. Let me know if you want to talk!

3. Rojofox

Rojofox New Member

Hi Seeker!!!! I don't know if you're still active on here but I have been tracking the same danged thing. So many women are going missing, and are still missing. Let me know if you want to talk!

4. Rojofox

Rojofox New Member

Guys, I'm so sorry, because I am totally inept at using websleuths so far. But I have a couple of ideas.

I was looking at the info on the missing women. Darlene Trujillo went missing in 2001, but that may be a red herring of sorts. Michelle Valdez is last seen in September of 2004. Jamie and Evelyn went to a park on Gibson and San Mateo. I'm an ABQ native but I was looking at the map because I couldn't remember the name of the park. And I'll be damned, I forgot the base went up that far.

Kirtland Air Force base is a base located in Albuquerque. It's decently big. All these women went missing within a span of a little more than 3 years. Typically, Air Force and army folks get PCSd (permanent change of station orders) every three to four years, depending. I'm just thinking that might explain why the disappearances stopped suddenly. Just a thought!

Anyone stationed in ABQ can find out about the mesa. It's pretty easy to find desolated spots in Albuquerque.

cnmccarthy, TGIRecovered and Laughing like this.
  5. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

In a lot of ways, ALB is a city smack-dab in the middle of a very large desolate area...New Mexico is a great place to live during a pandemic, with a population density of 12 people per square mile.

Kirtland is the east side of Albuquerque, and yes the term West Mesa is geographically correct.

(Old Anglo & proud, missing my family deeply right now.)

6. Rojofox

Rojofox New Member

What do you mean?

7. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Well-Known Member

I don’t understand why these cases aren’t getting more attention. I remember when the news covered the discovery of the bodies, and how LE kept finding more. It was huge then and I think it still is. These women deserve justice!

Rojofox and Laughing like this.
  8. Rojofox

Rojofox New Member

@MadMcGoo, absolutely. Someone started a podcast called “The Mesa” but that’s the most attention it’s gotten in years. 11 women, all dead. I think people in ABQ at least are content to blame either Montoya and Blea and be done with it- though if they had some evidence I think the case would be concluded. They were unable to find any DNA in Montoya’s trailer, which I just can’t wrap my mind around. As for Blea, they found women’s underwear but nothing ever came of that. ??? What gives

Laughing and MadMcGoo like this.
  9. tc505

tc505 New Member

Hi! I just recently joined websleuths and so I know I'm pretty late coming into this thread. I also live in the Albuquerque area. I was wondering if there had been any new information on this case. Everything I've Googled about this case is old news stories, which gives me an idea of who these women were and their lifestyles etc. but not much else. I know these women were found after their bodies had decomposed but was there any evidence as to what their causes of death were? As well as any other possibility of evidence found in the ground surrounding their bones, aside from the plant tag? Also what are some of the websites used to look into info on the victims? Thanks in advance!